Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2020, 05:32 PM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads of Life View Post
For anyone interested, Embassy has just posted their long awaited Embassy Traveler Duo
https://www.embassyrv.com/models-traveler-duo-features

Has two sleeping areas (hence the name Duo) and looks like a larger sink and faucet.
Looks perfect for a family of four very tiny people. 68" and 72" beds with hard walls on both ends. A bit cozy for folks built like my SO and me. They don't give ceiling height, but it appears to be completely flat (which looks great) with a ducted A/C above it.

They do make nice-looking vans, though.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:05 PM   #42
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Looks perfect for a family of four very tiny people. 68" and 72" beds with hard walls on both ends. A bit cozy for folks built like my SO and me. They don't give ceiling height, but it appears to be completely flat (which looks great) with a ducted A/C above it.

They do make nice-looking vans, though.
Would work great for me though... at 5'6" I have two inches to spare!
I do believe the ceiling is very flat and the a/c is not on the roof, which makes for a very nice look on the outside.

-- Roads of Life
Roads of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #43
Platinum Member

Interesting layout. Those are almost two single beds or really tight full beds at 45" and 48" wide. For context a cot for a single person is 26" wide. Many single beds are 28-30" wide. Two singles together are 52-60" wide. Avanti mentioned the short lengths which would exacerbate two people wanting or needing to curl in the fetal position if they are tall. They would have to coordinate and spoon and of course there is the climb over problem for both beds to get up and go to the bathroom. The literature kind of implied two single beds for two people sleeping separately if they preferred and there is no 3rd and 4th front facing seat with seatbelt to haul four.

The bathroom becomes big with a little effort and doesn't waste space using a pull out design and aisle shower but then you always would have to pass through and keep the toilet hidden. Makes for a lot of coordination and preparation just to use a toilet. Might work with a single person or at most a compatible couple, but with two kids you can have a van from hell situation.

One sink doubles as a galley and bathroom sink and is smack up next to the back bed. What are the scenarios if one is actually asleep in the back bed?

The toilet if I am correct is an electric camp potty bag that electrically wraps closed and no black tank. I don't know if practical if you mostly pee. We do almost 90% or more of the time. With that position a composting toilet (which I personally do not care for) or a cassette toilet with a tank access through the side could work without needing a black tank.

With that dual collapsible fresh water/grey water bladder you will alway have to coordinate dumping and water fill together. I don't fully understand the reasoning for the need when it is just 23.5 gallons total or combined. You would think with that concept you could find space for much more capacity.

Definitely two zone living with sound and visual separation I don't think any other B equals if you and your partner have different sleeping habits and/or entertainment habits, i.e. watching TV or reading. That office setup suggestion could be great for a person working remotely.

Ducted split air conditioner may be the future in Class Bs rather than the classic rooftop similarly as is compressor refrigerators are displacing absorption refrigerators with more battery capacity. This one is a 2-door refrigerator/freezer with 6.8 cf capacity.

Not enough details to comment on the heating and hot water system.

Another option for a gas Class B. Is it an ecoboost?
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote