01-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Re: HymerCar USA
Press info from Hymercar that was released earlier this month:
HymerCar Grand Canyon on Display at the Florida RV SuperShow in Tampa
TAMPA, Fla. (January 13, 2015) – The ERWIN HYMER GROUP, Europe’s leading motorhome and caravan manufacturer, will display a different caliber of Class B RV known as the HymerCar Grand Canyon as it initiates dealer development during the 2015 Florida RV SuperShow January 13-18. The HymerCar features European design and German engineering that enables class-leading fit, finish and product quality. Two Grand Canyon vehicles will be featured in booth #668.
The best floor plan and the broadest feature-set available on a Ram ProMaster chassis, affords HymerCar owners the flexibility of destination RVing for extended periods or day trips to festivals or sporting events. The HymerCar Grand Canyon has been re-designed following extensive market research on the needs of North American consumer, yet it retains HYMER brand innovations from Europe, which are more advanced than what was previously available in the North American RV market.
“The HymerCar Grand Canyon will rewrite the book for Class B motorhomes in North America,” said Giovanni Marcon, Managing Director, US Market Development, ERWIN HYMER GROUP. “The Grand Canyon delivers unprecedented performance and capability for people who need the versatility of a motorhome in a smaller package than the traditional Class A or Class C motorhome. The Grand Canyon is designed to meet the needs of the die-hard tailgater, the weekend explorer and so much more.”
The HymerCar strikes a new balance. It is a vehicle solution that addresses the needs of different target customers: (i) the day-to-day versatility demanded by mature adults on short trips, (ii) the lifestyle needs of young families or active outdoor enthusiasts, (iii) the features and capacities demanded by RV enthusiasts for the typical extended RV experience.
The ERWIN HYMER GROUP builds over 35,000 recreational vehicles per year. In Germany, the largest market in Europe, the ERWIN HYMER GROUP builds and ships one of every three motorhomes sold in the country.
• ERWIN HYMER GROUP with unmatched experience: building over 20,000 motorized RVs per year on the Fiat Ducato chassis - now available in North America as the Ram ProMaster – is the chassis supporting the HymerCar Grand Canyon
• Built on a new “Euro-Van” platform – sourced through Fiat/Chrysler – the Ram ProMaster – with 285 hp, front-wheel drive and a raised roof– is a much anticipated and more fuel efficient chassis platform
Top HymerCar Grand Canyon Features/Benefits:
• European Design and Space Utilization- The HymerCar vehicle interior has an unmistakable European flair. It is enabled by German design engineers, with premium materials of the highest quality and componentry - such as soft-close drawers - with exceptional fit and finish.
- Unparalleled space utilization throughout the HymerCar
- Dining area offers more table space and seating capacity
- The best interior and exterior color harmony available
• More Flexible Entertainment System- A 24” video display can be moved to multiple locations within the HymerCar depending on the needs of the customer. Optimized for tailgating, the HymerCar accommodates storage of oversized video displays (up to 50”). This rear storage area can be utilized for storage of other goods with a high vertical profile.
• Comfort Fit for a King- Premium cushions and upholstery are found throughout the cabin. HymerCar bedding is 75% deeper than the competition and includes a mattress suspension system not offered by many competitors.
• Multi-Function Window Design- Automotive-grade windows with aluminum frames are more secure, improve exterior appearance and include an integrated blackout screen and insect screen.
• More Intelligent Storage- Engineered storage solutions offer the capability to carry more. The folding bed creates unique options to carry oversized items such as a bicycle and other recreational sports equipment.
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen- The HymerCar boasts a full-scale kitchen to meet all your needs: a two-burner stove, 3.8 cu. feet refrigerator and all the storage you need.
About The ERWIN HYMER GROUP
The ERWIN HYMER GROUP is the leading manufacturer in the motorhome and caravan industry in Europe – The group comprises some of the industry´s most recognized and iconic brands in the market, among them HYMER.
Founded in 1957, HYMER is the premier name for premium motorhomes and caravans made in Germany and is the European market leader. Over the years, HYMER has developed into a company rich in tradition, innovation and today, one of the most successful motorhome and caravan manufacturers in Europe. The ERWIN HYMER GROUP is a privately held company maintaining annual revenue of approximately $1.6 Billion and employs over 4,000 associates in Europe.
Visit the ERWIN HYMER GROUP at http://www.erwinhymergroup.com.
To learn more about the Hymercar Grand Canyon visit http://www.hymer-usa.com.