Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2018, 05:13 AM   #1

Default Is there a new 2019 Airstream Interstate 19?

I was perusing the interwebs and noticed some ads for a 2019 Interstate Airstream 19. Specs listed at 19.5 feet length and the floor layout looks smaller than the 24.5 feet model. Didn't see anything on the official Airstream site? Just wondering if anyone else has any info?

Thanks
TravelinDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:22 AM   #2

Default Just Found this!

More searching....and I guess there is a new Airstream model coming soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 1.19.35 AM.jpg (173.6 KB, 53 views)
TravelinDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinDak View Post
More searching....and I guess there is a new Airstream model coming soon!
That was rumored on the airforums.com site a while back.

I wonder why Airstream would come out with a new model based on the out-going Sprinter model. Maybe there will be no significant change to the coach area, so upfitters may not be worried about it. But I don't believe the new Sprinter-based models will start to show up until '2020 models across the class B segment.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post

I wonder why Airstream would come out with a new model based on the out-going Sprinter model. Maybe there will be no significant change to the coach area, so upfitters may not be worried about it. But I don't believe the new Sprinter-based models will start to show up until '2020 models across the class B segment.
It's more than a rumor. Here is thread from someone who saw it and took pictures at a recent Airstream rally.

Alumapalooza 9 - Airstream Forums

This thread has comment at end from someone who has one on order and expects delivery soon.

New 19’ Interstate price and layout - Airstream Forums

Several dealers have them listed but with no photos yet. Colonial Airstream in New Jersey says they have over 20 on order.

Perhaps Airstream got a good deal on buying a bunch of short 2018 Sprinters. It was also reported in the recent MBCA Star Magazine that the rear interior of the new Sprinter is unchanged at request from their Upfitter community.

- - Mike
Old 07-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
It's more than a rumor. Here is thread from someone who saw it and took pictures at a recent Airstream rally.

Alumapalooza 9 - Airstream Forums

This thread has comment at end from someone who has one on order and expects delivery soon.

But I haven't read it lately and initially this sighting could have been attributed to a one-off prototype to judge interest.

New 19’ Interstate price and layout - Airstream Forums

Several dealers have them listed but with no photos yet. Colonial Airstream in New Jersey says they have over 20 on order.

As far as some dealers having them on order, I have to say Airstream is weird in their promotion as they still have no mention of it on their website (even as an up-coming model). George's videos (most likely highly unauthorized) were pulled down soon after he posted them.

Perhaps Airstream got a good deal on buying a bunch of short 2018 Sprinters. It was also reported in the recent MBCA Star Magazine that the rear interior of the new Sprinter is unchanged at request from their Upfitter community.

That explains a lot. I hope Sprinter production in the U.S. ramps up fast to meet demand. It makes sense that companies would stock up on '2108 models to ensure they have enough product.

As far as the poster who said he has one on order, he's a gambler to buy one from just a video. But like I posted on that thread at airforums, the layout is much like my Avenue which we like. But (and this is a big but) the bed length is likely similar to the Agile & Ascent at only 72-74". Not enough for someone over 6' tall. My Avenue bed is 68" wide, and more importantly, 76" in length all the way across. This is just enough for my 6'2" frame.

- - Mike
Yes, that is the thread I was referring to, thanks.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #6
Bronze Member

I have the 144' Sprinter on my 2017 Pleasureway Ascent which is 19'7''. It has a 2.1 4-cyl (161Hp, 265lb-ft) diesel and GWVR is 8500 ibs. The 4 cyl will still pull 5000 lbs like its longer brothers.. The power to weight ratio of the 6-cyl 24 ft (GWVR 11,030 lbs, 188 ft-lbs) RVs makes the smaller RV a good option, and it has single wheels in the rear as well as a crosswind stabilitypackage. I am averaging 24mpg. The bathroom is identical in size with the 24 ft Pleasureway RVs (Plateau TS and FL) versions. In addition, the Ascent is easier to drive and park, and you might be able to change a flat or someone else could. I have the full size spare option. The Ascent is a great option for two people with 190 watts of solar. Pleasureway has been very good resolving any issues. Hope this helps anyone considering the 144" Sprinter based RV.
RalphAscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:58 PM   #7
Silver Member

It's a tad expensive for a short class B at $140k retail if I recall the pricing correctly.
silex840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:04 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post

The new Sprinter's cargo area is identical in size to the outgoing model. MB did this intentionally to make it a smooth transition for upfiters. Even the under chassis/frame are close to identical. It was a nice thought from an efficiency perspective, but I actually wish they had made the new Sprinter a few inches wider to allow more build options and just more space.
dhectorg is offline   Reply With Quote