Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2019, 09:59 PM   #21
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk View Post
I understand, but doesn't it seem like a gray area. I mean, a company can declare bankruptcy and start new and wipe all liabilities away whatever they may be.
Yep - this happens all the time. Completely legal. Bankrupt the one entity, then the owners can easily start a new one and whoosh, buy all the old company's assets at a steep discount and with no liabilities. (not what happened here, different owners, but heck, that is what they should have done!)
HitchNride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Thor has has a long history of poor products, new units stored in flooded lots creating major rust, and lack of care for the customer!
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:20 AM   #23
Bronze Member

Rapido is another piece of you know what company as well. Zero support and rude to previous Roadtrek owners. They are refusing to even offer parts support for us. They are rejecting my warranty claim (even though it was part of the agreement for the purchase).

I have officially removed all Roadtrek signage from my vehicle. I refuse to offer any free advertising for this company.
thawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:45 PM   #24
Platinum Member

I have had only good experience with the new Roadtrek. They covered my one warranty claim on my Simplicity quickly and have been nothing but helpful to the many of us on the Facebook page. Many have reported getting the full $1500 on offer.

What parts are you trying to get? People have been getting parts, but you have to go through a dealer.

(all my exterior lettering was removed before I took it home on day one)
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:59 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Rapido bought the name and some inventory out of bankruptcy from the old Roadtrek that is the one responsible for all of this happening.

Much of the old inventory and tooling sold to other people so they would be the ones to get it from. Some are charging big time for the parts, I think, as they are getting rarer.

Rapido also gave at least some "good will warranty" work on left over Roadtrek vans and previously sold models, when they did not have to do anything at all, so generous, not onerous, IMO.

By almost all I have seen, Rapido in Europe is a good company, and I think they have done a good job trying to make a horrible situation better, plus save the nameplate to help all our resale values.

The new Roadtrek (Rapido) is not the bad guy here, IMO.

If there is ire to be had it should be directed at Jim Hammil and is bunch of cronies who destroyed Roadtrek and put it into bankruptcy.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:09 PM   #26
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Rapido bought the name and some inventory out of bankruptcy from the old Roadtrek that is the one responsible for all of this happening.

Much of the old inventory and tooling sold to other people so they would be the ones to get it from. Some are charging big time for the parts, I think, as they are getting rarer.

Rapido also gave at least some "good will warranty" work on left over Roadtrek vans and previously sold models, when they did not have to do anything at all, so generous, not onerous, IMO.

By almost all I have seen, Rapido in Europe is a good company, and I think they have done a good job trying to make a horrible situation better, plus save the nameplate to help all our resale values.

The new Roadtrek (Rapido) is not the bad guy here, IMO.

If there is ire to be had it should be directed at Jim Hammil and is bunch of cronies who destroyed Roadtrek and put it into bankruptcy.
And their paid ambassadors. All kinds of ways to lie, lie by exaggeration, lie by distortion, like by implication, And Lie by omission, and lie by..............
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:11 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
And their paid ambassadors. All kinds of ways to lie, lie by exaggeration, lie by distortion, like by implication, And Lie by omission, and lie by..............

I think that Bud is referring to the old Roadtrek and their "ambassadors" not the new Roadtrek, and I totally agree.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:15 PM   #28
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
I think that Bud is referring to the old Roadtrek and their "ambassadors" not the new Roadtrek, and I totally agree.
Thanks booster.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:20 PM   #29
Bronze Member

Quote:

Rapido also gave at least some "good will warranty" work on left over Roadtrek vans and previously sold models, when they did not have to do anything at all, so generous, not onerous, IMO..

All BS. no goodwill. It was part of the agreement of the purchase. There was no goodwill on the part of Rapido.

They are trying to twist the wording in the contract to deny my claim. Again, I don't know why you claim they did it out of goodwill. Their response to me is that their obligation is to the Alvarez and Marshall terms of the sale.

My only remedy is small claims in which I am in the process of doing.

Also, try calling them. their attitude stinks. Especially towards previous Roadtrek owners
thawk is offline   Reply With Quote