Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2019, 10:05 PM   #1

Default Looking for Recommendations for Repairs Roadtrek - Los Angeles area

Howdy all,

running a Roadtrek Zion SRT and discovered I have a leak from the black water pipe.

Have a few other minor issues like the carbon monoxide sensor probably needs replacing or the battery maybe?

Do you have a recommendation for a Service center or Mobile repair person for the Los Angeles area, specifically Whittier.

thanks all and safe travels

jg
JGGRAYSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGGRAYSF View Post
Howdy all,

running a Roadtrek Zion SRT and discovered I have a leak from the black water pipe.

Have a few other minor issues like the carbon monoxide sensor probably needs replacing or the battery maybe?

Do you have a recommendation for a Service center or Mobile repair person for the Los Angeles area, specifically Whittier.

jg
Okay, check the pipe and find the link and ask yourself where is the link coming from a joint or cracked pipe? What is the pipe made of? can you fix it with a full or partial replacement?

Carbon Monoxide detector checks and replacing the battery first if it has one. Compartments on back or bottom? A full replacement is not a big cost. a picture would be helpful for us to better help you.

This link may be helpful for your vehicle's repair. PAN down the page to the STATE of interest and check the may be showing service centers then pan to the right for members who have input other locations.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/fo...play.php?f=125
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:48 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGGRAYSF View Post
Howdy all,

jg

Welcome to the forum GGRAYSF!

I hope someone recommends a competent and honest service center in your requested area, but do not shy from working on a few things yourself. You might be surprised what you can do, and, it will help you get familiar with your rig. I operate on the premise that if it's already broken, how much damage can I do?

First do new batteries in all smoke, o2, and propane detectors (some may be hard-wired). If the units still act up, replace with the same unit if you can find one. That way it will be an easy plug-&-play replacement.

If you locate the leak in your black water pipe, try patching it externally with GOOP or other sealant. After all, the pipes work on gravity and are not pressurized, so it should take very little to stop a pesky leak. I did that on mine after a shop wanted over $500 to replace the plumbing. Two years later and I'm still good.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:50 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Coast RV Center

28404 Roadside Dr, Agoura Hills, CA 91301
(81 889-8889

That's area code 818-889-8889

https://g.co/kgs/tVonAC

They have been in business since 1981.... family owned...
You'll be extremely pleased with their work.... they stand behind everything they do..

It's a little distance from the Whittier area, but worth it..

... Good luck.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:18 PM   #5

Default Rv repair i

I have same Rv have had good lock with mike thompson Rv in fountain valley. It takes a while but the guy that does road trek is good.
Cokkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair services