Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #21
Platinum Member

MD is putting similar restrictions on the new Metris...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard. It is great you came onboard and started clarifying and answering the multitude of questions folks have. It will be interesting how the vans change equipment/floor plan, as people start asking the "could you or what if." Ron
Old 10-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #23

Thanks for the interest. It might have been hard to see in the video but there is no console between the two front seats. As for why we did not choose the Toyota Sienna. It is exactly like you said. Toyota is very strict about their cars. In the handicapped industry if you modify one of their cars and it is not "Toyota approved" they can void your warranty. Even if you are "Toyota approved" a dealer has the ability to not cover something under warranty, if they feel like it.
Jordanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:28 PM   #24

Default Pictures of the front seats

Here is a picture of the front seats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seats.jpg (112.0 KB, 6 views)
Jordanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #25
Platinum Member

As an owner of two Siennas, 1999 and 2011, I wouldn't want anything customized on that vehicle. The 1999 maybe, but that was first-gen, back when Toyota was still interested in launching something that didn't fall into the category of total econobox crap. I loathe my 2011 for the cheap way it's made and its legendary poor handling. In a rare moment of restraint, Consumer Reports described its handling performance as "lackluster". That's way too generous. Even under a light load distributed toward the rear, the Sienna wants to fish-tail. It doesn't track well. I've tried different tires, I've had it re-aligned more times than I can count, both at the dealer and at independent providers. It doesn't matter. The lackluster handling is just part of the deal. There's no reasonable workaround that I've ever found.

The next obvious question would be, if I dislike it that much, then why do I still own one?

Because our money has gone into our Class B. Both my husband and I are living with crummy daily drivers so that we can have the financial freedom to invest in the vehicle we like the best.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:53 PM   #26
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanb View Post
Thanks for the interest. ... As for why we did not choose the Toyota Sienna. It is exactly like you said. Toyota is very strict about their cars. In the handicapped industry if you modify one of their cars and it is not "Toyota approved" they can void your warranty. Even if you are "Toyota approved" a dealer has the ability to not cover something under warranty, if they feel like it.

That's too bad.

Many people have expressed interest in a Toyota RV because of Toyota's reputation for reliability. You could have sold a ton of them.