Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2020, 03:57 AM   #1

Default Need some measurments from 2020 Pleasure Way TS or FL owners

I'm considering buying a 2020 Pleasure Way TS. I need the measurement between the kitchen cabinets and the opposite wall/refrigerator, and the measurement beween the two opposing ottomans. The reason I'm asking is because my wife recently had a below-the- knee amputation and even when she gets her prosthetic leg, she will need to use her walker at times, and I want to know if it will fit down the aisle. Thanks!
camper ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I'm sure some of our Pleasureway owners will reply, but a walker in the aisle of any class b seems tough. Not to mention climbing in and out.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:43 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I'm thinking a B+ would give you quite a bit more aisle space, and may be worth investigating. For example, there are a number of very nice wide-body Pleasure-Way units out there. Meanwhile, I would just pick up the phone and call Pleasure-Way for the specs. They are nice anyway, and I'm sure they would be pleased to dig up this information and provide it to you.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
I'm sure some of our Pleasureway owners will reply, but a walker in the aisle of any class b seems tough. Not to mention climbing in and out.

Good luck.
The walker at the wheels measures 25" across so I'm hoping the aisle on a Pleasure Way Lexor would be at least that wide, otherwise it seems when standing at the kitchen counter your butt would be up against the wall behind you.

I'm not concerned with her ability to climb in and out once she gets her prosthetic leg. The therapist said she would learn and be able to climb steps.
One of the main reasons I'm considering a Pleasure Way Lexor is that it's built on the Dodge Ram Promaster chassis and since it is front wheel drive, it sits lower to the ground.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
I'm thinking a B+ would give you quite a bit more aisle space, and may be worth investigating. For example, there are a number of very nice wide-body Pleasure-Way units out there. Meanwhile, I would just pick up the phone and call Pleasure-Way for the specs. They are nice anyway, and I'm sure they would be pleased to dig up this information and provide it to you.
We currently have an Itasca (Winnebago) Navion 24J on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis. It sits higher than a Pleasure Way Lexor on the Dodge Ram chassis which would make getting in and out more difficult but not impossible. Our 24J Navion has a corner bed which is rather high off the floor, so it would be a challenge for her getting in and out off bed since amputees do not wear their prosthetic leg when sleeping. The PW Lexor we're considering has twin beds that are lower to the floor.

Thanks for the advice about calling Pleasure Way. I may do that to obtain the measurements if an owner doesn't reply here.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:03 PM   #6

My husband and I own a Lexor FL, and if one of us is at the sink and the other is trying to get by to the back lounge, it is a tight squeeze to shimmy by.

We store our rig at a storage place, so I don't have easy access to it to measure, but I am quite sure there is not two feet between the edge of the kitchen and the door of the bathroom. Sorry.

There is also a step up at both the front and back, to accommodate the axles of the vehicle. The open floor space at the kitchen is only about four feet long.

Class B's are really compact. You might want to look at something a bit bigger to accommodate a walker.
Andra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:24 PM   #7
Bronze Member

PW owners and wannabes are much more present and active on Facebook. Join us there to get specific answers to PW questions.
Also, you need to mention the model you’re looking at. TS is a floorplan designation. You need Lexor, Plateau, etc. in your inquiry.
Some of the used Plateau XL’s, Pursuit or Prestige models may be more to your fitting with easier entry and wider aisles. They’re the same length as the vans, but wide bodies. Pursuit and Prestige are on the Ford E350 gas truck chassis and the Plateau XL’s are on the Sprinter truck chassis.
Also, she shouldn’t be needing the walker forever, right? After rehab, she should be able to walk normally or perhaps with a cane if needed. The counter can be used for support on one side and a cane on the other. The aisles in the vans are narrow.
Brooklet, GA
bl_smith25 is offline   Reply With Quote