Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 AM   #81
BBQ
Platinum Member

They will disown anything that has been "touched".

You are on your own.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:34 AM   #82
BBQ
Platinum Member

Hymer is a high volume cookie-cutter production line.
Nobody will have time to chit chat with you on your DIY improvement project.

If you want to talk DIY RV, join the promasterforum.com .

Old 06-05-2017, 02:48 AM   #83
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

You are on your own.
That is totally against federal law in the US. Google "Magnuson–Moss".
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:26 AM   #84
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:

You are on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
That is totally against federal law in the US. Google "Magnuson–Moss".
I know that law.

We are talking about different things.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #85
Site Team

Quote:
I know that law.

We are talking about different things.
How so? The law allows you to "touch" anything you want without voiding warranty.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #86
Platinum Member

They can refuse warranty on anything that may have broken due to the modification being installed incorrectly.

They can make appointments for you three months from now. They could be out of loaner/rental cars when your vehicle gets in. Parts could take an extra long time to arrive.

Just because there's a law that says something, doesn't mean they can't annoy you so much that you give up.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #87
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
They can refuse warranty on anything that may have broken due to the modification being installed incorrectly.
Obviously, if YOU break something is will not be covered under warranty. The point is that successful modifications do not void warranties. Ever.

Quote:
They can make appointments for you three months from now. They could be out of loaner/rental cars when your vehicle gets in. Parts could take an extra long time to arrive.

Just because there's a law that says something, doesn't mean they can't annoy you so much that you give up.
They can do all those things whether you have made modifications or not (and often do). They can do those things because you bought your vehicle somewhere else. They can do them because you don't like your attitude, or your looks. What is your point?

MY point is that you have rights. It is certainly true that it is up to you to defend those rights. If you don't, they will go away.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:51 PM   #88
Platinum Member

Very correct, however most people are not aware of their rights or do not enforce them. It is up to the individual to ensure they receive what they are entitled to, both by law and by company standards.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:06 PM   #89
Site Team

Quote:
Very correct, however most people are not aware of their rights or do not enforce them. It is up to the individual to ensure they receive what they are entitled to, both by law and by company standards.
Hear, hear!
Old 06-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #90
Platinum Member

Quote:
If the amount of money in question is within small claims court, you can stand a good chance of winning if you push it, and it isn't a lot of trouble. If the amount is big, like an entire van refund, it can be worth hiring a lawyer and going through the whole legal business, but it is ugly and expensive. If it is in between, they can tell you to whistle (and they will) as they know there is little you can do. Getting the government into to enforce the law can be tough with state and federal rules to follow, made worse by all the recent budget cuts and rulings in favor of businesses. Does Roadtrek have an arbitration clause in the contract fine print? If so, you can be really limited.

In a lot of cases, if they chose to stonewall, you don't really have as many options that are practical, as it first appears. Social media pressure sometimes can help, but Roadtrek has made a big effort stifle that and will chastise and ignore anyone who tries it.

I think there are plenty of good reasons why you see a lot of very new, but used, Roadtreks for sale at competitors dealers and ebay. Folks have likely just cut their losses as much as possible and given up due to limited options.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:09 PM   #91
Site Team

If we are talking about warranty disputes, Magnuson–Moss provides for the consumer to collect lawyers' fees. This was deliberately designed to attract spec lawyers, and as far as I can tell, it is very effective. This gives the consumer much more leverage than in other areas. Many lemon laws do the same, although they often exclude RVs.

The whole "arbitration clause" thing is a real issue, and often serves to short-circuit otherwise strong laws and regulations. HOWEVER, the FTC prohibits their use in attempts to nullify MM:

FTC Continues To Ban Mandatory Arbitration in Magnuson-Moss Warranty Claims | Ballard Spahr
Old 06-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #92
Platinum Member

I take back my comments. Just watched a in depth video someone posted on this model.

COMPLETE JUNK! I figured it was just regular bad Roadtrek quality. This is WAY worse. Nobody should pay for this thing. A used 59k is the same price and 10x the quality. Heres the video im talking about.

mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #93
Platinum Member

Jim Hamill bragged about how few hours it takes to build this... and it shows.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:42 AM   #94
Platinum Member

Yes, this video is not painting a good picture. The lack of design and manufacturing quality is practically sabotaging Hymer’s entry to NA. I think that the Sunlight V1 is not called Hymer but the association to Hymer will be obvious to anyone and could have a lasting effect.

Just before our current camper van we owned Canadian Bigfoot RVs, the design and fit and finish were decent, just a few things to correct here and there but it seems as this Sunlight redoing from ground zero is called for.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #95
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Yes, this video is not painting a good picture. The lack of design and manufacturing quality is practically sabotaging Hymer’s entry to NA. I think that the Sunlight V1 is not called Hymer but the association to Hymer will be obvious to anyone and could have a lasting effect.

Just before our current camper van we owned Canadian Bigfoot RVs, the design and fit and finish were decent, just a few things to correct here and there but it seems as this Sunlight redoing from ground zero is called for.
Yea whatever money Hymer has invested in this model, they would be best served pulling it from the market. This makes them look terrible.
mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #96

Hello everyone, new forum member here. I'm the person Hymer is trying to Market the V1 to as a 39yr old. At this point it is a tough sell after watching the video posted above, and here is that Youtuber's second V1 review:

I can see a lot of the slightly used Travatos and RoadTreks competing for my dollars, as well as I can see myself also going to route of purchasing a Pro Master and having a custom, high quality conversion done:
Blue Ridge Adventure Vehicles |

Lots of choices!
AntiGroundhogDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #97
Platinum Member

You will be in good hands with BRAV if it hasn't strayed from its Morehead roots. Hop over to promasterforum.com for lots of ideas.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #98

I could have sworn I saw a lot of the same videos on a different channel.
Is there history there I need to be aware of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
You will be in good hands with BRAV if it hasn't strayed from its Morehead roots. Hop over to promasterforum.com for lots of ideas.
AntiGroundhogDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #99
Platinum Member

Default Sunlight V1 Spec or Brochure

A brochure from Camping World does not exist for the CW/Hymer Sunlight V1. I even asked a contact on the CW Chat a few minutes ago and confirmed that. But I also had no luck with that contact or my online research to find specifications. I can guess, based on other models using the Ram Pro 2500 but I would like to know the correct dimensions, weights and capacities as applied to this specific model. Does anyone know where to locate an official spec document?
Storysrvwego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #100
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storysrvwego View Post
A brochure from Camping World does not exist for the CW/Hymer Sunlight V1. I even asked a contact on the CW Chat a few minutes ago and confirmed that. But I also had no luck with that contact or my online research to find specifications. I can guess, based on other models using the Ram Pro 2500 but I would like to know the correct dimensions, weights and capacities as applied to this specific model. Does anyone know where to locate an official spec document?
I would suggest to contact either Roadtrek to request the Sunlight-V1 information or Hymer from Germany, https://www.hymer.com/en/company/pre...chpartner.html
If all business information is filtered by Mr. Jim Hammill & Company, Hymer – Germany could be unaware of blooming problems in NA so contacting folks there could accelerate a solution.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (164.1 KB, 5 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote