Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2020, 10:32 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
You haven't mentioned doing the reset procedure yet. That was probably the first thing tried but let us know if the reset procedure steps were attempted.
Tried that a couple times today, no luck. A RT rep is gonna walk me thru some things tomorrow. If we figure it out I will post for future reference.
KJDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 06:39 AM   #42
Bronze Member

Any updates on your battery not charging problem?

I am looking to buy a 2020 RT SS Agile. I did not know that RT went bankrupt and got bought out by another company and the production of the 2020's were "half completed" and sat there on the factory line awaiting completion. The RV dealer (which is a national chain) was not upfront with me about it. I had specifically asked "Why is this 2020 RT SS Agile with a 2019 MB Sprinter chassis still NOT SOLD?" The sales person gave me a nonspecific answer like ..... This one did not come to our lot until recently and is BRAND NEW.

Now I am worried about getting this unit that was "left on the factory assembly line due to the previous RT who went bankrupt". Specifically regarding "quality control" issues. I DO NOT want to have to "sort out" whatever major problems with a BRAND NEW RV, especially some "electrical/battery issues".

Anybody have any recommendations?

Maybe I should just cancel my order to buy this unit? And switch to another MB Sprinter RV manufacturer? Winnebago models? OR others? IDK?

I had test drove the Winnebago Travato 59G and the RAM ProMaster chassis was OK, but not as smooth as the MB Sprinter. I am used to Lexus LX570, Lexus RX 450h (a very smooth hybrid), and MB SUV's.

Please help. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDuke View Post
Tried that a couple times today, no luck. A RT rep is gonna walk me thru some things tomorrow. If we figure it out I will post for future reference.
RVclassB4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:39 PM   #43
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVclassB4me View Post
The RV dealer (which is a national chain) was not upfront with me about it. I had specifically asked "Why is this 2020 RT SS Agile with a 2019 MB Sprinter chassis still NOT SOLD?" The sales person gave me a nonspecific answer like ..... This one did not come to our lot until recently and is BRAND NEW.
Sounds like La Mesa to me... assuming that your CA means California, not Canada. He is likely telling the truth that it is "brand new" meaning... never sold before. But it seems odd since all of the sitting Roadtrek inventory from the bankruptcy should have been sold long ago in this crazy high demand right now. La Mesa did purchase most of the last of the old Roadtrek company inventory.

If you are seriously interested in this unit, go back and insist that they give you the real facts about why this unit took so long to get into the market. Is it because the new owners (Rapido of France) have taken this long to tool up to complete those last unfinished Sprinter units? The Promaster units in this situation were sold probably a year ago because they chose to start up the Promaster manufacturing line first and just started producing the Agile again this year.

And if this is La Mesa... they are notoriously poor at service... no matter what brand you purchase from them.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:41 PM   #44
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Sounds like La Mesa to me... assuming that your CA means California, not Canada. He is likely telling the truth that it is "brand new" meaning... never sold before. But it seems odd since all of the sitting Roadtrek inventory from the bankruptcy should have been sold long ago in this crazy high demand right now. La Mesa did purchase most of the last of the old Roadtrek company inventory.

If you are seriously interested in this unit, go back and insist that they give you the real facts about why this unit took so long to get into the market. Is it because the new owners (Rapido of France) have taken this long to tool up to complete those last unfinished Sprinter units? The Promaster units in this situation were sold probably a year ago because they chose to start up the Promaster manufacturing line first and just started producing the Agile again this year.

And if this is La Mesa... they are notoriously poor at service... no matter what brand you purchase from them.
So evidently there were a dozen of these throughout their chain of RV stores within the last two weeks. ALL got sold with my unit next to the last one sold.

It only had a couple hundred miles on the ODO. Not 15xx miles bc I was told they FLATBED these to the RV dealers. The unit in question has the upgraded big center NAV screen with MBUX and all the latest safety features.

I was told RT had these 2019 MB chassis and "finished them 08/21 (I do see a stamp on the door jab from RT showing 08/21.).

Looks LEGIT. I test drove it and no problems.

Question:. All the 2019 MB Sprinter Diesel cargo van got the 7 speed automatic transmission, right? Not the 5 speed transmission, right?
Old 10-03-2021, 12:04 AM   #45
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVclassB4me View Post
It only had a couple hundred miles on the ODO. Not 15xx miles bc I was told they FLATBED these to the RV dealers. The unit in question has the upgraded big center NAV screen with MBUX and all the latest safety features.

I was told RT had these 2019 MB chassis and "finished them 08/21 (I do see a stamp on the door jab from RT showing 08/21.).

Looks LEGIT. I test drove it and no problems.

Question:. All the 2019 MB Sprinter Diesel cargo van got the 7 speed automatic transmission, right? Not the 5 speed transmission, right?
So... they managed to come up with what really happened. Makes sense. I know that they had delayed starting up their Sprinter manufacturing line until this year. (Promasters are their big sellers) I hadn't realized that they were using leftover platforms. Nothing wrong with that. Not sure why they didn't give you a 2021 model year. Two years difference is acceptable to RVIA.

As to transport, that depends on location of dealership. Both of my Roadtreks were driven to the dealership in MN. More distant dealers they get trucked. Especially with the larger dealers, they can take 2 per truck.

Haven't a clue about anything Sprinter. I personally have avoided them for a number of reasons.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-03-2021, 03:26 PM   #46
Bronze Member

Quote:
So... they managed to come up with what really happened. Makes sense. I know that they had delayed starting up their Sprinter manufacturing line until this year. (Promasters are their big sellers) I hadn't realized that they were using leftover platforms. Nothing wrong with that. Not sure why they didn't give you a 2021 model year. Two years difference is acceptable to RVIA.

As to transport, that depends on location of dealership. Both of my Roadtreks were driven to the dealership in MN. More distant dealers they get trucked. Especially with the larger dealers, they can take 2 per truck.

Haven't a clue about anything Sprinter. I personally have avoided them for a number of reasons.
I compared the specs of this one vs a 2021 RT SS Agile. The solar panels on this one is "200 watts" vs "300 watts" on the 2021 model. The lithium ion batteries are the same at 400 amps. The MSRP of the 2021 model starts at "$173040" vs this one with the options is "$167xxx". With discounts, this one is becoming a better deal.

Question: There is NO usual GENERATOR on any of the new RT SS Agile. There is a "generator" under the front hood, but MB/RT had eliminated the "auto start engine" feature where if the house lithium batteries got depleted the engine will auto start. I was told MB/RT did it due to "safety issues"? I think perhaps due to some overheating and melting of wires in the engine bay (Somewhere I read)?
The solar and the lithium batteries will not have enough juice to run the AC for 12 hours during daytime when it is very hot and humid (90+ F and >75% humidity) where I'm going to be operating in very remote areas without shore power supply. Should I just go to Harbor Freight and buy a 3500 watt generator/invertor? There is one on sale for just under $850. But where would I put it? Get a hitch mount platform thing? How would I "secure" it so it won't get stolen? Any ideas? Thanks
Old 10-07-2023, 01:53 PM   #47

Default No way to go but up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls View Post
i too heard the "quality is up" and "everything is fixed for recent models" sentiment, and i more than anyone wish it were true but unfortunately that has not been my experience. mine is a 2020 and had wiring issues with both 2nd alternator and solar panel controller. who knows what else is still lurking! i'm still working through it...
As the recent buyer of a 2019 Zion SRT it is hard to imgine how it could be much worse. And earlier this year I tried to get in contact with the parts department and was informed it was closed. Thank you very much.
Frank Buckwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 03:58 PM   #48
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buckwalter View Post
As the recent buyer of a 2019 Zion SRT it is hard to imgine how it could be much worse. And earlier this year I tried to get in contact with the parts department and was informed it was closed. Thank you very much.
The 2019 and nearly all of the 2020 were built by the old RT company. I had a 2019 Simplicity SRT and the only issue I had was the miswired UHG that Nations Starter replaced for me after the bankruptcy.

Your parts issue sounds rather bizarre as there is very little difference in parts since the models haven't much changed. All is still available. The catch is that the new owners decided that they are no longer selling direct to customers. It has to go through a RT dealer.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-08-2023, 12:42 PM   #49

Default Try again

It was months ago that I called to get parts, I think it was La Mesa RV and they transferred me to RT. RT had a recording that said the parts department was closed. All the lithium batteries and the mounting hardware are gone. There was an AGM that was bad. The inverter/charger was changed to a Xantrex that was poorly wired.

I will try again to get the mounting hardware. I was planning on fabricating it.
Old 10-08-2023, 03:14 PM   #50
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buckwalter View Post
It was months ago that I called to get parts, I think it was La Mesa RV and they transferred me to RT. RT had a recording that said the parts department was closed. All the lithium batteries and the mounting hardware are gone. There was an AGM that was bad. The inverter/charger was changed to a Xantrex that was poorly wired.

I will try again to get the mounting hardware. I was planning on fabricating it.
If you can fabricate it, that is obviously the quickest. Anything to do with La Mesa is probably hopeless... and even worse if you didn't buy the rig from them. Considering their mark-up, not sure why they aren't more helpful. I watched them sell cabinet latches for $100 that were easily available on Amazon for about $10.

Do I understand that you have no lithium batteries now? You might want to look into replacing it all with a Battleborn system. I assume that a previous owner put in the Xantrex as RT never used them. A number of people have installed lithiums inside to simplify keeping them warm. I suggest that you get onto the horrors of Facebook and join the "Roadtrek Zion & Simplicity Owners" group. There are a few owners there who have done this switch and have instructions and some even posted videos. They would be more helpful than I can be.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-09-2023, 11:17 AM   #51

Default Ecotrek-free

Quote:
If you can fabricate it, that is obviously the quickest. Anything to do with La Mesa is probably hopeless... and even worse if you didn't buy the rig from them. Considering their mark-up, not sure why they aren't more helpful. I watched them sell cabinet latches for $100 that were easily available on Amazon for about $10.

Do I understand that you have no lithium batteries now? You might want to look into replacing it all with a Battleborn system. I assume that a previous owner put in the Xantrex as RT never used them. A number of people have installed lithiums inside to simplify keeping them warm. I suggest that you get onto the horrors of Facebook and join the "Roadtrek Zion & Simplicity Owners" group. There are a few owners there who have done this switch and have instructions and some even posted videos. They would be more helpful than I can be.
I have joined a couple groups in FB. The Ecotrek-free was the most help for me. They got me started and it took me some time to understand what was going on. It is fun fun fun! (Just kidding).