Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2018, 11:49 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Hi Gerry,

Not 100% sure,the brochure I have does not specify, but I have seen a youtube video giving a walk through of a 217 model and it does show the shower that can bu used in the closed compartment or with the curtain into the aisle with floor pan and drain in the aisle

As for the dropped floor, I am just assuming they must still use that arrangement to provide headroom as the overall height is just something like 8'-4" I think.

Of course the AC is built into the rear rather than up on the roof. If I had my druthers I think I'd rather see it on the roof and have more storage inside.

They do offer some sort of under mounted AC unit but it is about a $4000 option and I'm not sure how problematic it might be down under the floor! For some reason they list it as 30,000 BTU compared to the normal 10,200 BTU unit. Also it is 12VDC. Don't think 'd be ordering that!

I do plan on taking a trip to tour the RT factory shortly as they are ony an hour from where we live - one of the reasons I am leaning towards RT rather than PW !

Brian.
Some random thoughts regarding the 210 PC in no particular order. (We have a 2017 210)

1. The Chevy V8 is arguably the most bullet proof non-aspirated engine available in a Class B and will provide 15mpg in normal terrain. In terms of reliability and maintenance costs, it makes diesels look like an unfunny joke.

2. All of Roadtrek's Sprinters using a GU are now delivered with the high idle function to increase alternator output. Suprisingly, the Chevy has the same function programmed into its computer and it is disappointing that Roadtrek doesn't implement it during the upbuild. *We had this done at a Chevy dealer and can engage high idle (1100 rpm) using buttons on the cruise control.

3. Mercedes employs a full complement of safety features (blind spot, lane change etc) but it's conspicuously absent on the Chevy Express platform which is frustrating. The widening out of the rear portion of the 210 coach impinges on the side mirror viewing area, so blind spot detection would be a welcome addition.

4. The 30 inch wide twin beds are a real plus compared to the 25 inch beds typical in a Sprinter. The only other class B I know of that offers 30 inch twin beds is the Travato 59K.

5. The fridge is a 5 cu ft 12 volts compressor single door unit and works reasonably well although I would like to see them start using the Nova-Kool dual compressor units that are just outstanding . For some reason, PW is still sticking to the old 3 way absorption design.

6. The 210 is available in 3 colors - white, silver and charcoal. *I was pushed into going along with charcoal which I regret because 10 minutes after being washed, it looks filthy again. There is visible orange peel in the fiberglass addition. Also, considering that the AC BTU is only rated for 11.8K, a dark exterior just makes the AC work harder. Given my druthers, I would stick with white or silver.

7. There is no outside receptacle on the 210. You have to open the side door and access a receptacle under the third seat.

8. The bath is tight but pretty much the same as other Bs I've looked at. The shower arrangement which can be extended into the coach is unique. However, you can use the shower with the door closed if you're not tall. But as a practical matter we opt in favor of showering at a RV campsite or a Travel Plaza or even now and then, a Motel 6. IMO, the best bath/shower design I've seen is the Travato 59K.

9. Other than the Etrek or CS models, the 210 is the only other Roadtrek model that offers the 800ah lithium battery option which we choose over the 400ah option. It's nice to have that boondocking capacity. Roadtrek had early problems with their Etreks but I think they have finally straightened it out. We had one battery failure (of four) which they replaced under warranty and also replaced the AGM which was actually past warranty. Unfortunately, there is no State of Charge metering which presumably will be addressed if and when they resurrect their Coach Connect module.

10. The rear view camera and the zone lines are excellent.....until you put a couple of bikes on the back at which point the camera is useless. This is because they didn't relocate the camera portion from the license plate frame to the top of coach where it belongs.

11. Both interior and exterior storage on the 210 is a strong point. But there is evidence of minor water intrusion into the rear compartments in heavy weather so objects sensitive to that should be protected.

12. Guard the 2 keys & fob with your life. You can replace a lost fob at a dealer if you have the other one but when I inquired about duplicate keys they told me that they couldn't be cut at the dealer level and had to be done with a factory order.

13. The forward slide out table is a real plus because it doesn't require dragging out a post and table every time you want to use it.

14. There are two places where until you learn the hard way, your head will get whacked. One is entering or exiting the coach and the other is moving from the living area into the driver or passenger seat.

15. How long they will keep making these Chevys is a vexed question. RT insists that they still can be ordered although they are quoting a 6 month delivery after receipt of order. My guess is that Hymer will eventually drop them from the line. I note that in screening a recent MSRP sheet for a 2018, it showed a 2016 chassis which is unusual considering that typically there is not more than a one year difference between the model year and the chassis year.

16.Three items I would consider avoiding:

a. The original Voltstart module used a 12.4 Volt threshold for initiating Voltstart. Current production has increased this to 12.8 Volts probably to reduce the depth of battery discharge. But the consequence is that at 12.8 Volts there will be very little engine off battery run time before Voltstart kicks in. Considering that the option costs over $1800, I don't think it's worth it.

b. Another option I would avoid are the aluminum wheels. The factory wheels have the offset properly designed for the suspension. The aluminum wheels have an offset designed to push the tires out that may look jazzy but which increases tire scrubbing and wheel bearing loads.

c. I'd also stay away from the undermount AC. On a Sprinter, it provides space for more solar and lowers overall height but not on the 210. Also I saw a CS adventurous at Pomona with this option and while it was quiet inside, when standing outside,the compressor made a racket damn near as loud as an Onan.

17. If I was choosing a B today, along with the 210, I would be looking at the Coachmen Galleria (2019 Mercy gasser) and the WGO Travato but in your case, having a 6 year warranty and being just an hour from the factory to exercise it, IMO, weighs somewhat in favor of going with Roadtrek.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #22

I have a 2007 210 P and am very happy with it. We took out the passenger seat and structure beneath being very careful no to disturb the furnace and put in a small wood 2 drawer filing cabinet which gives us more storage and extra counter space and also gives a lot more space to enter and exit as you do not have the seat sticking out half way into the door. We also installed shelves in the cabinet that had the clothes hanger in it which also gave us more storage and flexibility of where to put stuff. Two inches of memory foam for the single bed configuration makes it very comfortable and warmer to sleep when it gets colder. We use a fold up chair for eating and also doubles
as an outside table when needed. Resale value is a big factor in buying the 210, we have had ours for 4 years and can sell it for $2000 less than what we paid for it.
Hope this helps
coveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Many thanks to Cruising 7388 and Coveman for the helpful info.

Cruising7388 ............

Good tip on the high idle option available on the Chev.

I wonder if ordering a new 210 that you might be able to have the rear view camera located high - we plan to carry bikes and probably on the back, although we have carried them on the front of our last three tow vehicles and I suppose that would be an option. I do like the idea of leaving the back doors unobstructed if we had to get out in an emergency.

I like the charcoal paint but had alreadu decided against it - we have two black vehicles at present and they look sharp when washed - for maybe a day or so! I would go with teh silver colour!

Very surprising the 210 does not have any outside duplex 110 outlet - I would not have expected that. I wonder again if it could be ordered with one. Seems apain having to leave a door open to run an extension out

Coveman

I too had thought about replacing the third seat if we got a 210. I think I would buy it with the third seat, then evaluate and maybe - as you did - make a replcement storage unit to suit our needs.

We did get to see a 210 on Monday - had only seen videos before. I continue to be impressed by many of its features but my better half felt the decor wasn't too much to her liking - she had seen a new Lexor with the white chocolate curved cabinets and was smitten by it!

The 210 we saw was a 2005 model but I imagine the decor of the new ones is not much different. Compared to PW, RT don't seem to have done so much to update the decor.

Not that big an issue to me - I am more looking for all the storage options, wide aisleway, GM platform etc,

Anyway, I suppose we will have to look at a few more competing models - or maybe I can convince my wife on the 210, I'm not giving up just yet!

Brian,
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #24

Our 2006 210 Versatile has an outside receptacle inside the pull out battery box. Have you checked there?
djdeld01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Many thanks to Cruising 7388 and Coveman for the helpful info.

Cruising7388 ............

Good tip on the high idle option available on the Chev.

I wonder if ordering a new 210 that you might be able to have the rear view camera located high - we plan to carry bikes and probably on the back, although we have carried them on the front of our last three tow vehicles and I suppose that would be an option. I do like the idea of leaving the back doors unobstructed if we had to get out in an emergency.

I like the charcoal paint but had alreadu decided against it - we have two black vehicles at present and they look sharp when washed - for maybe a day or so! I would go with teh silver colour!

Very surprising the 210 does not have any outside duplex 110 outlet - I would not have expected that. I wonder again if it could be ordered with one. Seems apain having to leave a door open to run an extension out

We did get to see a 210 on Monday - had only seen videos before. I continue to be impressed by many of its features but my better half felt the decor wasn't too much to her liking - she had seen a new Lexor with the white chocolate curved cabinets and was smitten by it!

The 210 we saw was a 2005 model but I imagine the decor of the new ones is not much different. Compared to PW, RT don't seem to have done so much to update the decor.

Not that big an issue to me - I am more looking for all the storage options, wide aisleway, GM platform etc,

Anyway, I suppose we will have to look at a few more competing models - or maybe I can convince my wife on the 210, I'm not giving up just yet!

Brian,
I don't understand why RT hasn't implemented the high idle feature on their Chevys which only involves programming.considering that it's now standard on their Sprinters and Mercedes gets a pretty stiff premium for this option.

AFAIK, you can't order an outside receptacle on the 210. Just a guess, but I think it has something to do with the fiberglass construction at the logical installation point. There are two presumable"fixes" for this that certainly deserve the description of hokey kludges, but which for practical purposes, works. You can run the extension cord out by plugging into an interior receptacle, and feeding out by cracking one of the opening windows. Alternatively, using an HD SJ cord, you can connect up with the receptacle under the third chair and snake it out past the side door seal.

The rear view camera is Chevy and RT won't relocate it. The fix is to employ an aftermarket (Tadi Bros. et al) digital wireless rear view camera with a 5-7" dash display. You can mount the camera on the roof AC shroud and provide up 12V off the marker lights. It's a project but you end up with a display that works full time if you choose as opposed to the Chevy display which only works when you are in reverse.

Your comment regarding the wealth of features and your wife's reservation regarding the decor reflects the timeless war between form and function.
You're correct, the layout has been essentially unchanged for the past 10 years and you would be hard pressed to see any differences with the exception of the bathroom which is now fore-and-aft rather than transverse.

PW has paid more attention to decor but IMO they have fallen short in function. 200ah of lithium makes no sense to me. I would opt for a more cost effective 400ah in AGM if given the choice. Also, in this day and age I think 3 way propane driven refrigerators are dinosaurs.

The process you are going through is simultaneously rewarding and frustrating. It's rewarding because you will end up with a product that better fits your needs. It's frustrating because you'll never end up with a perfect fit. With the physical constraints of a class B, that just ain't gonna happen.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdeld01 View Post
Our 2006 210 Versatile has an outside receptacle inside the pull out battery box. Have you checked there?
That could well be the case for production in that period. However, in talking with RT today, they indicate there is no external receptacle provided in current production. BTW, the pull out battery box is still used on the current AGM powered 210 but with the lithium option, there is just a single AGM battery in that compartment to support the lithium BMS, the pullout is eliminated and the fiberglass cover no longer swings open, that is, until you whack it on a curb.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:29 AM   #27
Platinum Member

I have the '15 210 and have been very satisfied. Admittedly, the interior doesn't have the "wow" factor some wives might need, but the storage and size are great. When I was looking, I did the research on the GU, and opted4 AGM"s and the Onan; had a '05 190P with Onan and very satisfied. We especially like the 30" single beds...those 27" in the 190 was like being punished. I am glad the A/C is set up like it is....gives it a more van appearance, but then that was our opinion. As for the outside outlet, I seen one installed on a 190 some years back....and it looked good. In the meantime, I will opt to follow Roadtrekker.com, he has a six foot extension cord, originating at the outlet just inside the door and fed thru to exit around the battery box. I recently decided to raise mine, and with the excellent info/advice we get from Booster and all the other guys here who know the technical side of vehicles. I have now acquired the the AirLift Ultimate System for the rear, new Bilstein's all way around, and this evening with order the Moog Coil Springs for the front end. I was going to have a Suspension Shop in Richmond, VA do the job, but the Owner says "sure" but when I contacted the various sections that do the work....nah! The front end folks said the Springs would be $386 (I can get for $200), and the labor for front end would be high five hundred range . Then I went to the Rear Suspension folks......that is where all doubt was removed about them doing the work. The guy said he refused to work on a van, would not install any type air bags, etc; needless to say the shocks weren't discussed. I sent a note to the owner and said that due to a disconnect, and specified the disconnect from his "we can do it"). So I am back to looking again, but I will do it....it is costly, but I feel money well spent. I researched the Sprinter, and knew from the start it was not coming my way. I have never looked at another brand, and have been well served by RT. Ron
Old 05-03-2018, 02:48 AM   #28
Bronze Member

Default 210p occc

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
It is impossible to have too much storage in a B, I think

We have a 190P and had the same problems with the fold out table in it. If you were in the front seats with the table in place, you couldn't get around it to get anywhere else, like the kitchen. We solved it by making a smaller table that left enough room to walk around by the side door. Works very well.

We have added the armoir since, and it still works well.
When I contacted Roadtrek customer support at the factory regarding OCCC for the 210P, by the time the weight of the added options (generator, awning, television, extra batteries and some others were added, the OCCC decreased from the 1,450 lb. stated in the online brochure to around 1,050 lb. which is much too low for our style of camping which is mostly boondocking. About the lowest we have ever had the weight that counts against the OCCC is about 1,450 lb. and that was without our 2 mountain bikes, without our portable solar panels (two 100 Watt panels), with about 10 gallons less water than we normally carry and with warm weather clothing (very light weight) only. We use a CAT scale for weighing our RV. On one of the RT online discussion groups, one of the participants was complaining about the handling of the 210P. Turns out he was about 800 lb. overweight. I'm curious as to whether any of the 210P owner participants in this discussion have any issues or concerns regarding the 210P OCCC.
AreCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:03 AM   #29
Platinum Member

There have been several discussions here on the 210 having very low cargo capacity, and also the about the way Roadtrek publishes the capacity spec.

IIRC, if you get fully loaded up 210 and use the previous cargo capacity method of rating, it can be as low as 500#, but now Roadtrek doesn't include and "options" in the weight, even if essentially every van has that "option".

One poster stated that they weighed their new 210 on the way home from the dealer with just the two persons and a big dog, and were nearly overweight.

One discussion here

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...bels-5844.html
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:13 AM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCF View Post
I'm curious as to whether any of the 210P owner participants in this discussion have any issues or concerns regarding the 210P OCCC.
I have weighed my 210P loaded and have concluded I have to be very careful. So I typically fill only the 10 gallon internal water tank and don't carry bikes or other heavy gear. If I wanted to have those items I have a lightweight aluminum trailer, but that defeats the advantage of the B.

Overall though, I still like the 210 best for us. The pros for us are: extra width, extra external storage, under 22-ft, styling, height is reasonable, drives well, gas economy is reasonable, dining setup simple with pullout table and 3rd seat with passenger seat for eating (the driver seat is too much trouble to turn around). Also the enclosed bath with shower was a big deal maker for my wife. And american made with extensive repair network nationwide. Also sleeps 3 easily with the 3rd seat bed mod I made for when my son camps with us.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:09 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks Much Mat Mobile!

We don't have one yet but the 210 still ranks high on my short list! It is so difficult to decide, I keep jumping back and forth between a regular length Sprinter model such as teh Adventurous CS and the smaller Promaster based campers.

The 210 is in between these two length wise and seems a good compromise and as well, seems to have the advantage in terms of aisle width, twin bed sizes and lots of storage - including the outside storage. The GM platform is also appealing.

I haven't been able to see one yet, and I wouldn't order any van camper without actually seeing one because I suspect that no matter how great something looks on paper, it is easily possible to miss a feature that you don't care for if you have not actually spent some time in one! Your comments are encouraging, thanks!

Brian
Here is a photo of the Dinette option for the 210 that deletes the power sofa.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 210 dinette.jpg (88.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-03-2018, 11:52 PM   #32
Platinum Member

I keep reading the problems encountered by some owner's of these Sprinters, and having no experience with diesels, the heated floors, etc, I am so happy to have chosen the 210. To read some of these inputs, they are patient people! i read that one Class B Warned – Well, This Hasn't Gone Well and sigh relief. At least with the Chevy, I know if I need help or parts, they are around the corner; the plumbing, etc is SOP for any RT Dealer. Ron
Old 05-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #33
Platinum Member

Brian, We have a 2008 210P and love the layout. The rig, in general works very well for us. The only complaint I have is that it is very close to the GVW of the chassis and the tires. I am always cognizant of this and am especially cautious when I use my Stowaway 2 cargo carrier. On the plus side, it has a generous tow rating and some of the interior weight could be off loaded into the "toad" as long as one does not exceed the GCWR...not too likely. One could also tow a small trailer. We tend to cross seasons and carry quite a bit for that reason.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #34
Platinum Member

Johnny - thanks forthat helpfl feedback.

I finally got to see a 210P earlier this week - a 2005model, but I imagine the new ones are not a whole lot different in terms of layout. I was quite impressed with it and see many advantages compared to other current models on the market.

My wife needs a bit of convincing as she had seen a new Lexor with a very light interior decor and RT (even in their new models) seem to have a much darker and less attractive decor. Just the way it is I guess.

Ss for load capacity, the brochure on the new model shows an OCCC (occupancy and cargo carrying capacity) of 1450 lbs which I thought was reasonable.

1450#

less 36 gals water at 8.34 = 300#
less 8 gas propane at 4.2 = 34#
Less pass/driver at 160ea ave = 320#

should leave 796# for everything else.

Doesn't seem too bad - am I misunderstanding anything here, or are older model 210's rated differently?

Any thoughts on this? Thx ........... Brian.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:

I finally got to see a 210P earlier this week - a 2005model, but I imagine the new ones are not a whole lot different in terms of layout. I was quite impressed with it and see many advantages compared to other current models on the market.

My wife needs a bit of convincing as she had seen a new Lexor with a very light interior decor and RT (even in their new models) seem to have a much darker and less attractive decor. Just the way it is I guess.

Ss for load capacity, the brochure on the new model shows an OCCC (occupancy and cargo carrying capacity) of 1450 lbs which I thought was reasonable.

1450#

Doesn't seem too bad - am I misunderstanding anything here, or are older model 210's rated differently?

Did the 2005 have an aisle shower or an enclosed bathroom? The models with the aisle shower really have a lot of storage space, the some folks don't like the temporary bathroom. We really like the layout, though, much better than an enclosed, tiny, bathroom. It is nearly identical to how our 190 is made.

You may want to go back and read the thread that was linked earlier about weight and how the capacity is calculated.

You did water, propane, and people, but on the new rating system none of the "options" for the RV are included in the base weight and also have to be taken off of the capacity. This can add up to quite a bit of weight. Continental spare is over 100#, generator about 125#, a couple extra batteries another 125#, solar panels 50#+, etc, etc.

If you get a chance, look at the weight label on the 2005, which will be the old style and give a better representation of what you likely would get for actual capacity of you stuff. Many of the 210s we have seen weights on have been in the 500# or under range.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:56 PM   #36
Platinum Member

Quote:

1450#

Did the 2005 have an aisle shower or an enclosed bathroom? The models with the aisle shower really have a lot of storage space, the some folks don't like the temporary bathroom. We really like the layout, though, much better than an enclosed, tiny, bathroom. It is nearly identical to how our 190 is made.

You may want to go back and read the thread that was linked earlier about weight and how the capacity is calculated.

You did water, propane, and people, but on the new rating system none of the "options" for the RV are included in the base weight and also have to be taken off of the capacity. This can add up to quite a bit of weight. Continental spare is over 100#, generator about 135#, a couple extra batteries another 135#, solar panels 50#+, etc, etc.

If you get a chance, look at the weight label on the 2005, which will be the old style and give a better representation of what you likely would get for actual capacity of you stuff. Many of the 210s we have seen weights on have been in the 500# or under range.

We totally agree with your wife on the dark cabinetry, our 2007 190 has light maple and white appliances, and is much more appealing to us.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Booster

Thanks for that added info - I did wonder about the OCCC because it did seem to me I had read a figure of about 500# someplace else and didn't understand the difference in comparison to the 1450# figure in the RT brochure - now I do!

I will say that in the brochure, there as an asterisk next to the 1450# figure but I could not find anything linked to the asterisk to see what additional info it conatined - I think you have explained it!

Still, 500# doesn't seem TOO bad, although I suppose that right off the bat the two bikes and bike rack we would want to carry would eat up maybe 150# so now we are down to
350" for clothes,food, cookin equipt and toys, so i can see it would be right up there!

I will take a look at the tread link you kindly included to see what else I can learn.

I wonder if the other models I am considering are in the same boat. Looks like my short list in addition to the 210is coming down to Adventuous/Plateau and Lexor/Zion I think.

Maybe also the Travato 59K, although the 1 yr warrantee scares me in terms of the levelof confidence Winnnebago have in their own units. As well, the bench seats - though I think they would make great twin beds - seemed like not the best for seating - ie legs dangling and back rest too far away for us short little people!

The model we say at a Camping World in Florida last month already exhibited some quailty issues with interior panels coming detached etc.

Brian.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:37 PM   #38
Platinum Member

Quote:
Booster

Thanks for that added info - I did wonder about the OCCC because it did seem to me I had read a figure of about 500# someplace else and didn't understand the difference in comparison to the 1450# figure in the RT brochure - now I do!

I will say that in the brochure, there as an asterisk next to the 1450# figure but I could not find anything linked to the asterisk to see what additional info it conatined - I think you have explained it!

Still, 500# doesn't seem TOO bad, although I suppose that right off the bat the two bikes and bike rack we would want to carry would eat up maybe 150# so now we are down to
350" for clothes,food, cookin equipt and toys, so i can see it would be right up there!

I will take a look at the tread link you kindly included to see what else I can learn.

I wonder if the other models I am considering are in the same boat. Looks like my short list in addition to the 210is coming down to Adventuous/Plateau and Lexor/Zion I think.

Maybe also the Travato 59K, although the 1 yr warrantee scares me in terms of the levelof confidence Winnnebago have in their own units. As well, the bench seats - though I think they would make great twin beds - seemed like not the best for seating - ie legs dangling and back rest too far away for us short little people!

The model we say at a Camping World in Florida last month already exhibited some quailty issues with interior panels coming detached etc.

Brian.
FYI there is a 2017 with 22,000 miles for private sale on www.rvtrader.com that is fully loaded. It has the Dinette option which unless you need the additional seat belts I think is the better layout. It also has the undermount AC which apparently can provide meat locker temps in tropical climates. As far as I know there are no changes whatsoever in 2018 and 2019 models other than the chassis year which is probably 2016.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:04 PM   #39
Platinum Member

Thanks!

Seems a bit pricey though - I was offered a lower price from a local dealer on a brand new one - although his trade in allowance on our Airstream 30 ft Classic traer and 2500HD diesel truck was about $8k less than I felt I should get on a trade!

My problem at the moment is that I wouldn't buy a van unless/until I sold at leat our trailer if not both the truck and trailer so I am looking mostly at dealers at present for new RT's or very recent ones. I know I won't get as good a deal that way!

If cannot find a reasonable deal I will advertise the trailer and truck then look for a camper van.

That under mounted AC unit is huge - 30,000btu - I wonder why? I'm not sure it is a good idea where we live anyway due to the amount of salt they through on the roads in winter.

On the plus side, I guess in addition to all that cooling capacity, youdo gain teh interior storage space across the back at the top.

I did wonder about the dinette arrangement. I think I prefer the electric couch option that makes for a nice seating area, but I suppose the dinette offers the advantage of being able to carry long items. Also might be better for an eating arrangement for more than two

But neither of those advantages would be of great import to us. Are there other advantages I haven't considered?

Thanks! ............. Brian.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #40
Platinum Member

No, I am sure that they are rated the same. Mine is pretty loaded up: generator, 2 heavy batteries, power sofa, rear spare tire and, of course, the Stowaway 2 hanging off the back. I don't know if any of this is accounted for in the RoadTrek brochure (obviously not the Stowaway). I have had the rig weighed at a couple of CAT scales and an independent 4 wheel weigh at an Escapees rally. It just felt close enough that I think about it...I am probably over paranoid. You can't beat the extra space provided by the flared out body. It is very easy to drive and parallel park. I have been getting about 13.5-14 MPG which I consider acceptable overall. Although not full timers, we have lived in the rig for 3+ months at a time and haven't killed each other! The new ones have lots of neat new features like floor heat, LiFePO4 batteries, solar, extra alternators but I hear a lot of heartburn and frustration concerning these systems too. As a retired Electrical Engineer I am well up on technology and troubleshoot/repair most devices and carry a pretty comprehensive toolkit, there is something to be said for the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid). I always believe in buying used: my 2008 210P had 90K miles on it when I bought it in 2013 and it has 145K now...problems, sure, but nothing horrendous. (Tires, rear axle bearing/brakes/rotors, front brakes/rotors, tranny flush, belts). Except for a blow out I have never been left out on the highway.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote