Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2021, 09:41 PM   #1

Default Panoramic RV

Hi, I am new to this forum. My H and I are on the wait list for a Panoramic RV. They are made in Quebec. I think they are fairly new to the US market. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has one. How they like it, any issues, etc. Thanks in advance
Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Ultramobility on YouTube has been test-driving a Panoramic, and he has posted a couple of videos. I encourage you to visit his channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/Ultramobility/videos

Hope that helps!
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:15 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I just started to watch...they say that their RAM PRO-MASTER Model doesn’t come with Cruise Control. Wonder why?
Old 02-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
Platinum Member

That is weird, since cruise is a normal feature on the PM. If you happen to get one without it, however, there is an aftermarket that is reportedly effectively identical to OEM and an easy install.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:36 PM   #5

Thanks so much for this information. We have seen these. I will keep watching as he is supposed to do a full review after he finishes his trip in the Panoramic.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:28 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook View Post
Thanks so much for this information. We have seen these. I will keep watching as he is supposed to do a full review after he finishes his trip in the Panoramic.
Great! It's been quite a while since he started his test run, and I'm looking forward to his follow-up video(s).
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:40 PM   #7
Bronze Member

All the panoramic are coming with the cruise control. The demonstrators that Neil is using is the only one that do not have the cruise and it is a mistake made by the dealer.
jgmarcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:53 AM   #8
Bronze Member

If you want to meet owners there’s two group on Facebook : panoramic RV owners and wannabes group , this group can answer most of your question and the group is open to everybody, they are owners or future owners in Canada and in the USA. Also on Facebook there’s the : Panoramic RV club, this group is just for owners of Panoramic and you will not be able to access. If you already order your unit send them and email and they will probably gave you the access. I hope that the information will be helpful.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:00 PM   #9

We purchased ours back in 2019 and picked it up Jan 2020. So far no issues except the wine rack is a little tight for some wine bottles. Build quality is outstanding. There was a recall from Chrysler regarding a tranny linkage, but that was an easy fix. Philippe and his crew did a great job on the build and a couple of request we had. We have sumo springs installed front and rear that really stabilizes the vehicle for a very good ride. We wanted a Canadian built vehicle, looked at PW, Safari, RT and Leisureway but was sold on Panoramic and Philippe. We were fortunate enough to visit his operation a couple of times during the build and see the progress of our van. Overall very pleased with all.
kpeter02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:39 PM   #10

Default Panoramic RV

Thanks so much for providing this information. We have to wait till September 2022 for our Panoramic, but really looking forward to it.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeter02 View Post
We purchased ours back in 2019 and picked it up Jan 2020. So far no issues except the wine rack is a little tight for some wine bottles. Build quality is outstanding. There was a recall from Chrysler regarding a tranny linkage, but that was an easy fix. Philippe and his crew did a great job on the build and a couple of request we had. We have sumo springs installed front and rear that really stabilizes the vehicle for a very good ride. We wanted a Canadian built vehicle, looked at PW, Safari, RT and Leisureway but was sold on Panoramic and Philippe. We were fortunate enough to visit his operation a couple of times during the build and see the progress of our van. Overall very pleased with all.
There were many comments on Neil's site about the small size of the bathroom. Has that been a problem for you? Otherwise curious why you chose the Panoramic over the PW?
elayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:07 PM   #12
Bronze Member

There were many comments on Neil's site about the small size of the bathroom and the lack of a bathroom sink. Has that been a problem for you? Otherwise curious why you chose the Panoramic over the PW? Thanks
Old 02-14-2021, 07:42 PM   #13

With the PW it lacked the garage space, and making up the bed daily was not what we were looking for. Also the PW lacked the pantry compared to the oversized pantry in the Panoramic. Doing maintenance on the PW installed generator does not appear very easy, for changing oil/plug. Panoramic, the garage is what we wanted/needed, as we did not order the installed genny, rather we carry a portable generator that is dual fuel,(we can run off of attached propane tank). We also store the BBQ, chairs, table, solo stove,and ladder in the garage. Hoses, cables, plumbing items, tools are all stored in the 3 drawers under the bed. As for the bathroom, shower size is tight, but does not create a problem. A sink in the bathroom, in my opinion, is a waste ...as the sink in the galley is less than 26" from the bathroom. If a sink in the bathroom is a deal breaker, maybe a Winnebago is the better choice for sinks in the head.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:04 PM   #14

Default Panoramic RV

Thanks for all of this information. What type of dual fuel generator do you carry? We are looking at the Champion 3400 dual fuel inverter generator. Do you carry your generator in the garage or on a hitch attachment? Have you run your air conditioner off your generator when not plugged in? Do you find that you need your generator to cook and use heater and other appliances, or only for the air conditioner? Sorry for all these questions, but my H and I are new to all this. Thanks again, Brook
Old 02-14-2021, 08:16 PM   #15
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeter02 View Post
With the PW it lacked the garage space, and making up the bed daily was not what we were looking for. Also the PW lacked the pantry compared to the oversized pantry in the Panoramic. Doing maintenance on the PW installed generator does not appear very easy, for changing oil/plug. Panoramic, the garage is what we wanted/needed, as we did not order the installed genny, rather we carry a portable generator that is dual fuel,(we can run off of attached propane tank). We also store the BBQ, chairs, table, solo stove,and ladder in the garage. Hoses, cables, plumbing items, tools are all stored in the 3 drawers under the bed. As for the bathroom, shower size is tight, but does not create a problem. A sink in the bathroom, in my opinion, is a waste ...as the sink in the galley is less than 26" from the bathroom. If a sink in the bathroom is a deal breaker, maybe a Winnebago is the better choice for sinks in the head.
Thanks for the info. I guess it is all about what one needs so I think your last comment was unnecessary.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:20 PM   #16

That is the same genny we use. Champion gas/propane. 24x17 19 tall. About 3 sq ft of garage space. We carry it in the garage under the bed. I run it outside on propane only attached to a 15 hose to the RV using a quick connect low pressure connection. When boondocking last summer used it to run the AC and the microwave at the same time. It was a cloudy day so no sun for the solar, and it also topped up the batteries. We use the propane for the stove top or BBQ, no electric. It will run the heater, but the heater can run either propane or electric or a combination of both.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:26 PM   #17

elayjay.....Winnebago has a drop down sink, but a whole different layout compared to the Panoramic. For us a sink was not required in the head. it's all about compromise. We don't really live in the RV, we live outside when weather permits.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #18
Bronze Member

My apologies. I took "sinks in the head" to mean something else entirely. You were using "head" as a euphemism for toilet/bathroom. It would be the PW Ontour 2.2 I am considering. A fold down sink was just a way Panoramic could have kept the same footprint and still provided a sink. But Phil and I exchanged emails about this and he felt a fold down sink was too much of a compromise and many, like you, felt a bathroom sink was unnecessary. Enjoy your rig.

Leslie
Old 02-14-2021, 09:13 PM   #19
Bronze Member

I have a 2020 and i have a Honda EU 2000 i that i bought in 2109 in my other Panoramic the first year i was carrying it, but last summer did not use one time. We have plenty of power. I have 300 undred watts of solar and if you live in California no problems, you can run the micro wave , the refrigerator, the AC can be run with a low start feature. Talk to Philip about your concern.
Old 01-17-2023, 07:12 AM   #20

I found the Panoramic RV to not be very good when it comes to removing smells from the inside. I took a big dump one morning and it smelled through the whole RV for hours. Even my dog wanted out. Maybe I just have a defective van. I will wait till I take another dump and smell how it goes. Has anyone else had this experience in their Panoramic RV?
SissyBoyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote