Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2021, 11:30 AM   #1

Default Pleasure-Way Plateau TS , anyone own one, thoughts, etc…

Theses units are interesting to me, they seem to be very well built and on par with the Airstream Interstate models (?).

I thought I’d post some questions here as getting out to view these in person, which is not easy.

Any input is appreciated, good or bad. Experience with a Canadian build, warranty issues? Comparison with other luxury class B’s ?

Thank you all
Sailusvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I just reviewed the websites of Airstream and Pleasure-way noting that Airstream is converting only 170 extended body Sprinters vs. Pleasure-way converting 170 regular body Sprinters. They have similar floor plans. They both convert the much shorter 144 body Sprinter. I’ve had all three body Sprinters plus the N1T Pleasure-way. Of the two companies I would go with Pleasure-way. They are less expensive, but probably better quality (that you don’t see on the surface) and family owned. For all practical purposes their specs and layout are similar. The regular body is easier to drive, park, and maneuver than the extended body Sprinter. I don’t see much sacrifice in amenities and space with the shorter regular body. If you want go everywhere and easier maneuverability the less than 20 ft. 144 Sprinter tops them both and you don’t lose much other than a much longer aisle. Speaking of the aisle, measure them both and the wider aisle is much better. In a B just 1” is important and could make all the difference in comfort and dancing with your partner with the “after you shuffle.” I know with the 2005 era N1T Sprinters Pleasure-way had the widest aisle at that time.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Pleasureway also has two models on the Transit van for those looking for a gas engine rv.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:59 PM   #4
Platinum Member

the more units you can see, new or used, any brand- the more you can discern which features you like/need and which don't matter or are an unneeded expense.

ex: for us a power sofa bed appears to be a tetris of cushions to make a bed, there is also the matter of what if it gets stuck and no storage underneath- others LOVE their sofa and it may add legal seated positions

for build quality, lift the cushions and look at the back of cabinets- does it look pro or is it a mess

we learned something from every one of the units we looked at, when we found "the right one" we knew right away

also watch sales videos on youtube as features are explained/demonstrated- watch how easily (or not) the salesperson moves around the cabin

some of the premier brands are Canadian built, manufacturers warranty is handled through dealers just like anything else.

Canadians use Robertson ( square, tapered) head screws for cabinetry and electrical, if you buy you'll want an R1, R2 screwdriver

We have a 2006 PW Lexor on a Chev.
I have no complaints about the quality of the build or the systems electrics, plumbing, gas etc.

an older model we have propane, dc power and ac power with genny ( never used it) or shore power
managing our power and water we are good for 5 or 6 days off grid
we carry about a weeks clothing and food
and if camping remote, plan on going into town for food, laundry and water/dump tanks at least once a week

we had a choice of gas/diesel, domestic or imported vans

a domestic gas van means parts and service anywhere by anyone with parts from NAPA

length: some longer vans run afoul of local parking regs-

for Santa Monica it is 20' and 8' tall otherwise you need a permit, available to residents.
we are 19'7" when we go to see family. nobody has ever measured ( 9'4" highest, but 8' at the edges) our height

a short van ( many of the 4wd) will have less room inside

go kick some tires

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:36 PM   #5

Thanks y’all good info !
Sailusvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:37 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailusvi View Post
Thanks y’all good info !
As I mentioned over on the other board, I would check out the Transit models. Much easier to find service and Sprinter has the Mercedes logo which means even an oil change is super expensive... but they usually give you a free latte.

Every wide spot of the road has a Ford garage... with normal pricing.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:53 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
As I mentioned over on the other board, I would check out the Transit models. Much easier to find service and Sprinter has the Mercedes logo which means even an oil change is super expensive... but they usually give you a free latte.

Every wide spot of the road has a Ford garage... with normal pricing.
Yeah but, Mercedes Benz Sprinters have 20,000 mile interval service and oil changes.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Yeah but, Mercedes Benz Sprinters have 20,000 mile interval service and oil changes.
Yeah but, in the Promaster service intervals I can get 3 oil changes and still have paid less. There is little (actually zero) justification for the gouging that Mercedes continues to charge every step of the way. Three of my friends with Sprinter based RVs dumped them because of the constant issues. Sick of those multiple hundreds mile tows and "limp home" incidents... even if they are covered by warranty.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote