Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2021, 07:21 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Question on RT 210's macerator system.

The black water system is on the curbside of the RT. The dump is in the roadside of course. Does the flexible macerator hose connect directly to the macerator, or is there a solid pipe from the macerator to the left side of the RT? And whether it's the flexible or solid tube, does it pass over or under the drive shaft?
Atlee Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

On my 2015 RT 210 POP the flex hose goes from the macerator under the exhaust and drive shaft. It is zip tied to a metal support going across.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:11 PM   #3
Gold Member

2008 rt 210v
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mas. Hose Route.jpg (157.7 KB, 35 views)
GroupB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:11 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Thanks to GroupB and Deano.

From GroupB's handy picture, it looks like the macerator is vulnerable to hitting stuff due to the low riding nature of the Roadies.

I can see that the macerator hose is attached to a cross beam all the way across from right side to left side. What happens to the necessary slack in the hose when the sliding tray is closed? There must be some, to allow the sliding tray to open.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #5
Gold Member

I, like others, have replaced the front coil springs to provide the proper nominal ride height for this always-loaded-to-the-max vehicle. I have also added rear air bags. Provided a ground clearance increase of 2 inches, which satisfied my need to reduce the vulnerability of the macerator.

Many hours worth of reading on this topic in this forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mas. Hose 2.jpg (169.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Thanks.

I have already read a lot on this forum about the low ground clearance problems inherent in the Chevy based Roadtreks, some of the fixes, etc., and I continue to research the problem. Still, from your picture, it seems, even with a 2" lift, that the excess hose that dangles down would be subject to snagging on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupB View Post
I, like others, have replaced the front coil springs to provide the proper nominal ride height for this always-loaded-to-the-max vehicle. I have also added rear air bags. Provided a ground clearance increase of 2 inches, which satisfied my need to reduce the vulnerability of the macerator.

Many hours worth of reading on this topic in this forum.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:20 PM   #7
Platinum Member

On my 2008C210P the macerator pump is located on the driver (left) side of the vehicle. A solid ABS pipe runs from the Black and Gray tank Tee to the pump over the driveshaft and exhaust pipe. The pump is protected by a sheet metal heat shield. After a previous melt down of the ABS I used reflective metal duct tape to further protect the components close to the exhaust pipe.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:47 PM   #8
Gold Member

I've got the same green hose on my RT 210P ('0. What is it called? Who sells it? I've been searching for it in order to replace a friends leaky hose on her 210 and have not been able to locate some. The local RV shop couldn't even locate it. Thanks in advance.
bwatters60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:07 PM   #9
Gold Member

Kanaflex 300 EPDM
Old 01-10-2021, 10:49 PM   #10
Platinum Member

The best hose to replace this hose i made by Thetford. It is very flexible and collapses easily. Amazon sells it: https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-7042...0322432&sr=8-2
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:18 PM   #11
Gold Member

Thanks Johnny. I do have the Sani-Con hose on my RT, in my drawer, attached to the end of the Kanaflex coming from the macerator. Both are very good hoses!
bwatters60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:04 PM   #12
Platinum Member

I have the Sani-Con on my 190 and it packs away nicely but I don't think you would want it under your vehicle. It doesn't have any rigidity.
The Kanaflex should be available at an agricultural or industrial supply shop.
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote