Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2021, 08:45 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek Aisle shower history

I’m looking for and older Roadtrek 170 Popular or 190 Popular. The Macerator option I believe started in 2007; which I want.
I also want the Aisle shower; but have not been able to exactly determine when that went away? The brochures start showing pictures of a wet bath as early as 2013, but the floor plans do not until 2016? So that leaves me assuming I should be looking for a 2007-2012 at least in a 190.
Do any long time Roadtrek owners/fans have any knowledge of what years I’ve confined myself to?
The factory ie Rapido has been zero help…

Thank you in advance.

Ex 2004 210POP owner looking for another smaller RT
daetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:58 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daetrip View Post
I’m looking for and older Roadtrek 170 Popular or 190 Popular. The Macerator option I believe started in 2007; which I want.
I also want the Aisle shower; but have not been able to exactly determine when that went away? The brochures start showing pictures of a wet bath as early as 2013, but the floor plans do not until 2016? So that leaves me assuming I should be looking for a 2007-2012 at least in a 190.
Do any long time Roadtrek owners/fans have any knowledge of what years I’ve confined myself to?
The factory ie Rapido has been zero help…

Thank you in advance.

Ex 2004 210POP owner looking for another smaller RT

We have a 2007 190P that came with a macerator and aisle shower, which we too wanted and like. We got it new.

Wet baths started shortly after we got ours, at least by 2010 as we have friends that have one. But it has always been optional one way or the other. The latter years had many fewer aisle showers and more enclosed ones. We wouldn't have wanted an enclosed one if it was offered as it is our preference in many ways. We do appear to be in the minority with that thinking, though, I think.

They are still out there, in most years, with the aisle shower, and probably at a bit lower pricing, but may be hard to find to some extent.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:15 PM   #3

Thanks for the input…
I have followed Roadtrek since their beginning, dreaming of having one someday. I have never seen them offer the enclosed wet bath as an option; or any options other than paint and interior choices.
I don’t intend to start an argument, just relaying my experience.
Do you or anyone know when that started? I know my 2004 210POP had the aisle shower, and believed that model switched over befor the rest?
I also find it confusing that the window shown of the enclosed wet bath, doesn’t show on pictures I’ve seen.
Thanks again everyone.
daetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:32 PM   #4
Platinum Member

No argument here, but the information is still available for past years on the Roadtrek site.

Just follow this link to the brochures

https://roadtrek.com/brochures/

Then choose whatever year and open the PDF. Go to near the end of them to features and options pages and you should find it on the first yellow page of them, at least for the mid older years from 2005-2010. Looks like 190s started in 2010 as an option and 210s started in 2005 or so from a quick look.

You can see when many things changed, like the missing audio cabinet in the same time range.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:28 AM   #5
Platinum Member

As far as I know, the aisle shower never went away; it’s on all Dodge and Chevy models right up until the bankruptcy. The wet bath enclosure was only offered as an option on the Chevy and is more common on newer and wide body units; however units with the larger bath enclosure still have the aisle shower. It’s a great feature!

My 2014 C190P has the enclosed bath option. You can take a seated shower in the enclosure or a standing shower in the aisle by opening the doors and running the shower curtain outside. I was looking at a video of a 2017 C210P with enclosed wet bath and could still see the curtain tracks and floor pan for the aisle shower. I’ve also seen units going all the way back to the 90’s and as new as 2018 with the small toilet cabinet and aisle shower.

You’d pretty much have to be a child or a contortionist to take a shower inside the enclosure on the 190. But it is realistic to use the toilet with the doors closed, which is the real advantage in my mind.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:55 AM   #6
Silver Member

Our 2006 RT 190V has the Macerator option and the Aisle shower. It was built in Dec 2005.
55 Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:03 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 Nomad View Post
Our 2006 RT 190V has the Macerator option and the Aisle shower. It was built in Dec 2005.

I wonder if it was a special order or added afterward as they only showed it as on the 210 and RS models in 2005. I think the 210 unit would have fit so maybe that is what was done.

Have you had it since new so you could see it on the option sheet the come with? I have never seen one that early that I can recall, except later fits by a dealer or individual.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:05 AM   #8
Silver Member

I am the 3rd the third owner. I have not found a Roadtrek option build sheet. I have contacted Roadtrek but they say they don't have records from before they bought it. If you know of anyplace I might find the Roadtrek build information please let me know. I have the Chevy and Quigley 4x4 build sheets and would love to also have this information.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:51 AM   #9
Platinum Member

You want the QA/warranty sheet with all of the Serial #s. This is for a 2004 190 that has the macerator but our 1991 had a similar sheet with it. You can install a macerator in most applications, I wouldn't look hard for that option pre-installed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Roadtrek_144.pdf (1,022.3 KB, 7 views)
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:44 AM   #10
Silver Member

I have not seen or found a sheet like that. The only paper work I have from Roadtrek is the bound "170 & 190 Chevrolet Models Owner’s Manual". Where did you find your sheet?
Old 09-05-2021, 01:36 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 Nomad View Post
I have not seen or found a sheet like that. The only paper work I have from Roadtrek is the bound "170 & 190 Chevrolet Models Owner’s Manual". Where did you find your sheet?
There is usually a folder with all of the component manuals and other random information. I think our Dodge had the original manufacturers window sticker included.
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:18 PM   #12
Platinum Member

We got a sort of build sheet with our 07 Roadtrek 190P, but it didn't really even reflect the option and stuff actually available at the time. For instance it still showed things like the range vent fan and sink liner. Owners manual was also wrong as it was for 2006 models and early 2007 ones. Our later year 2007 was like a 2008 so we needed that manual for ours. Of all things, crooked Roadtrek dealer said they could get us a 2008 manual, but we would have buy it for our brand new van just bought from them.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:04 PM   #13
Platinum Member

I was just looking at an ad for a 2013 Ranger, and it did not have an aisle shower. It did have the fully enclosed wet bath. The Ranger is a stripped-down version of the Popular.

So I stand corrected. There are some out there without the aisle shower.