Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2019, 01:28 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Roadtrek Chevrolet Versative / Popular Dumping and Winterizing Video

I did this video on a 2004 Roadtrek Popular 190 but it should be applicable to the Chevy Versatile and Popular 170 as well. Roadtrek always stuck with their concepts for the long term so it may cover 1990 vans through 2020 which I believe will be the last year of the Chevrolet if they built any before the change in ownership. And remember, if you can wash a head of lettuce with it you can probably use it for an RV shower because a human also has a head. That is solid Canadian logic.

I added a note to the bottom of the video with some additional steps for the city water fill valve. This is probably the last Coach video for the year unless something comes up. I do need to change the oil pan gasket, oil cooler gasket, change both serpentine belts, and do some other chassis work...hopefully before winter.
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:38 AM   #2
Platinum Member

When replacing the serpentine belts you may want to also consider replacing at least the tensioner and if it has one or more, the idler pulleys.

I had an idler pulley seize up on the road and of course it took out the belt. Camped on the side of the highway that night until I could chase parts with the motorcycle the next morning. Once home, new tensioner, water pump, and fan clutch. This was done at about 160k miles. Sooner or later, all of that stuff is likely to fail. Much more convenient to do at the house vs on the side of the highway.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:47 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Yes, I ordered Gates green belts and new idlers/tensioners. My van appears to have original belts on it so I'm doing the full deal on it. You can cut off the AC belt if need be but the main belt needs to be there. I haven't had any belt mishaps and hope to keep it that way.
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote