Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2018, 10:29 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek Model w/ 4 captains chairs AND King size bed?

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the Class B world and am still familiarizing myself with all the makes and models. Is there a Roadtrek model (190, 210, etc.) that has 4 captains chairs up front AND the King size bed in the back? Does that exist? Are there certain years I should be looking for?

Thank you!
Kitty_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_Q View Post
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the Class B world and am still familiarizing myself with all the makes and models. Is there a Roadtrek model (190, 210, etc.) that has 4 captains chairs up front AND the King size bed in the back? Does that exist? Are there certain years I should be looking for?

Thank you!
Not on the Chevy 190/210. The Sprinter Etrek does have 4 seats. But remember that in a class B. four seats will inevitably somewhat cramp the layout. For AGM battery models, model year isn't particularly important but the AGM battery warranty, while transferable, is year dependent. Prior to 2016 it was for five years but from 2016 on it dropped to one year. . For lithium battery models, there were problems in 2014, 2015 and I think early 2016.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:48 PM   #3

We have the etrek xl. 4 captain chairs and king size bed. Works for us
XLent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #4

the 210 versatile has 4 seats up front and a queen size bed in the back when the rear sofa is lowered.
3fox3@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:23 PM   #5

Thank you, all! Very helpful. I'll check out the 210 versatile, as a queen bed would be fine. We're just trying to avoid the "double" or full size bed as it is a little cramped for two tall people.

I should clarify that our budget is limiting us to the older Roadtreks, those built on Chevy/Dodge/Ford chassis. I love the Sprinter models, they are just too expensive for us at this stage in our life.
Kitty_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #6
Gold Member

You have some good choices in the older models. The 190’s have an option of belted seating across the rear sofa giving a total of 4 seats.

Since the seats are all the way in the rear there are drawbacks. The seats are “bouncy.” We are working on improving this with suspension changes but they will always move more than seats further forward.

The A/C and heat from the front may have trouble getting that far back but you do have the option of running the generator and using the heat pump.

Also if you have grandkids back there you can’t hear them hollering but that’s not exactly a drawback.
CaDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fox3@att.net View Post
the 210 versatile has 4 seats up front and a queen size bed in the back when the rear sofa is lowered.
Live and learn. Thanks for correcting me regarding this. I was unaware RT once made a versatile version of the 210 that provided 4 forward seats. I guess it didn't attract enough buyers to to keep it in their line.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #8
Silver Member

The early to mid 90's 210 versatile uses a fullish queen rear with 4 captains seats.

The 210 popular used the King size in the rear (well almost king) but you lose the shower.

I'm 6' tall, I fit sideways just fine with the lady. She has a 190 Versatile.

Remember, the 21ft 210 will have size and parking restrictions whereas the 19ft 190 will not. Being as you're from Cali that might be something to consider.
Etzu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roadtrek