Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2020, 08:35 PM   #21
Platinum Member

The following are the Part #s from the Bilsteins I removed from the Roadtrek 190P. One front shock was leaking.
Bilstein Front – F4-BE5-2480-H0
Bilstein Rear – F4-BE5-2570-H0
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemo View Post
The following are the Part #s from the Bilsteins I removed from the Roadtrek 190P. One front shock was leaking.
Bilstein Front – F4-BE5-2480-H0
Bilstein Rear – F4-BE5-2570-H0
Stevemo,
What are the part numbers for the custom valved foxshocks that were included in your kit?
I also noticed the rear shocks were about 1.5 to 2 inches longer than the Bilsteins.
How much longer were the front foxshocks vs the bilstein?

Kindest regards,

-Hapi
bigcabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
My Koni FSD's are still good after two years and almost 25,000 miles on my Airstream Avenue (think 190P and you've got an idea of my model.)

They do ride well, control secondary motions, and side winds. But then, I was replacing worn out OEM shocks so anything would have been an improvement. I specifically ordered the FSD's because the were NOT gas-charged, thinking this would soften the initial impact of road imperfections. They were also the priciest out there and I decided to see if spending more money bought me anything.

When the Koni's arrived and I took them out of the box, I could easily compress and expand them. I was used to gas-charged shocks you could not budge and so I was sure I'd made a huge mistake and there was no way they could control a 9000+ lb van. But, they do a great job. I would go with them again, especially if Koni stands behind their warranty (I'll be checking for leaks).

Just my limited experience. Can't imagine changing shocks annually. Hope your set up lasts a lot longer this time.
Thank you for the feedback with your Koni FSDs. I thought the same thing (ie. how easy they were to push in). In crosswinds or when 18 wheelers pass you by, do you have a difficult time driving in a straight line with your Konis?
bigcabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:22 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcabus View Post
Stevemo,
What are the part numbers for the custom valved foxshocks that were included in your kit?
I also noticed the rear shocks were about 1.5 to 2 inches longer than the Bilsteins.
How much longer were the front foxshocks vs the bilstein?

Kindest regards,

-Hapi
I don't think I saw or checked the fronts against each other. I may pull one of them out and check it against the Bilstein just to confirm the difference in stiffness...I think they were the same length.
The next week is booked for painting trim at the house so perhaps I'll have a ride report some time after that. There are many things to cover but it is a good product and I'm glad I did the install.
Giving out the part # would be pointless because they are boxed for their original application, I have read that I could remove some rubber caps to see if the valving was scribed into the body of the shock.
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote