Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2021, 09:09 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Sprinter 2009 - 2016 Emission recall

Sprinter’s folks are likely aware of emission recall by Mercedes and class action suit. You can check if your van is included. https://bluetecupdate.mbvans.com/home. Sprinter Forum has good thread https://sprinter-source.com/forums/i...3#post-1012510 Class action site https://www.mbbluetecsettlement.com/

I am getting mine done next week. I just talked to service folks in McCoy Portland OR. They couldn’t tell me how much time is needed to do the repair, they have to extract more information from the van's computer to know exactly what they need to do, it could take up to 6 hours, so they asked for a day.

I tried to connect with a service advisor in Mercedes in Wilsonville for a couple of days but was not successful. Talk to someone at front desk to schedule appointment. She verified that they have all necessary parts.

I am leaning towards McCoy assuming they could be more knowledgeable as they are focused on Sprinters.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I am getting my serviced on Monday, emission update is a requirement to get extended emission warrant and paid by MB over $3K from class action suit.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:51 PM   #3
Platinum Member

How did it go? Was there any upselling or 'additional charges' ?

I know my DPF is due for replacement, so I might as well get that done too.
Nic7320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 08:11 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic7320 View Post
How did it go? Was there any upselling or 'additional charges' ?

I know my DPF is due for replacement, so I might as well get that done too.
No upselling, my upfront call to change oil. They will not do any work unless van is in a running, no engine lights, condition.

I dropped it at 9AM and at 3PM it was ready; 2 NOx sensors, SCR, reprogramming and label under the hood. Oil change was $229
In a short drive back home in the traffic I didn’t noticed any changes.

Yesterday we drove about 50 miles, a little highway, side roads. I felt the engine run smother and quieter, my wife concurred so 2 positive observations. Based on vans MPG there was no drop in gas mileage, but, only 50 miles.

Getting 4 years/48K miles additional warranty on the most troublesome part of the Sprinter is a good Christmas gift, additional $3600 from class action suit will help as well. Sprinter forum has more details.
Old 07-28-2021, 03:30 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Just got an extended warranty for turbocharger for 11 years or 120,000 miles. The warranty is specific to OM642 - V6/3l engines. I like MB gifts, by Christmas time I should be getting a new and free van from MB.

Tags
emission recall sprinter