Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2020, 02:11 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
A sales rep from RT told me a few years ago that 80 percent of their clients want a wet bath, but, when they surveyed how many people actually use them it was only 20 percent....

Make of this what you will, but, the people I know feel the same way and their preference is to just shower at a campground / RV park....
Have they published this "survey"?

Barring a documented source, what I make of it is that it is nonsense.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:27 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Default I really don't care what you think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Have they published this "survey"?

Barring a documented source, what I make of it is that it is nonsense.
Look, maybe you don't want to believe that, and it was told to myself and my wife in person...we actually believed this person who had been selling coaches at Roadtrek for a while....

He specifically said that they want the shower feature, but, just don't use the shower.... almost 100 percent use the toilet....

I don't know if it's ever been published.. I don't need to see that... he seemed very credible to us in person....

Why would someone lie about that?

And, we've personally met a lot of people traveling in Class B's all over the USA.... and they just don't use their wetbath to shower..... which is consistent with what the Roadtrek
representatives statement was.

Most, if not all, of the people who we met at campgrounds cited these reasons for using the shower facilities elsewhere;

1. Unlimited hot water and 20 minute showers
2. More space and able to leave the coach free
3. Doesn't have to worry about cleaning or dealing with the tanks, either refilling the water or dumping the tank....

We don't have a gravity dump system....so there's no point of even thinking about setting up dump hose which is only 1 1/4 inches in diameter and is coiled like an accordian under our rig in a channel permanently attached... I only pull this out when we need to dump..... We have to turn on the macerator to pump out water.

I know that most people have a 3 inch or larger dump hose on a gravity dump...we don't....

Perhaps, you and a few others are just outliers from the 20 percent group??

As you know, being in a Class B is a much more "mobile experience" than a Class A or Class C....

I see how ensconced people get at campgrounds, hooking up their black and gray tanks, running lines and leveling their coaches with jacks.....we don't do this.....

I definitely like a lighter footprint....
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:31 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Sales reps tell what the buyer wants to hear. They aren't a good salesman otherwise.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Default That may be true.... however.. read below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Sales reps tell what the buyer wants to hear. They aren't a good salesman otherwise.
We weren't buying one.......we already own one.

Again, give me a compelling reason why someone would lie about this...... I'm sorry, I just can't respect your answer or Avanti's...

Maybe you and him are in the less than 20 percent of the people who do use their shower regularly....

And, from what I can tell, you're probably in the RV more than we are......

We don't live in our RV...... I doubt you do... but, as a percentage of time...if you are more than 51 percent in the RV than the house or apartment... you're living in the RV....

Maybe this is what you want.... great.....
Old 01-07-2020, 05:53 PM   #25
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
We weren't buying one.......we already own one.

Again, give me a compelling reason why someone would lie about this...... I'm sorry, I just can't respect your answer or Avanti's...

Maybe you and him are in the less than 20 percent of the people who do use their shower regularly....

And, from what I can tell, you're probably in the RV more than we are......

We don't live in our RV...... I doubt you do... but, as a percentage of time...if you are more than 51 percent in the RV than the house or apartment... you're living in the RV....

Maybe this is what you want.... great.....

bizarre, sad

Why?

Why is Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 bashing and trashing the op's nice new Sequence? Over and Over, Again and Again?

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:13 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Default Agreed, it's a little sad indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud View Post
and this one? "he told me that the acceleration was really weak in this and it took a very long time to get to 60-65...."

Listen, I hope Timbo likes his new Sequence and uses it well.
Congratulations on your new purchase!

You know, i relayed two statements from a prospective RV purchaser i know personally who recently rented a Travato for four days for an evaluation. These two perceptions were; and you think this is "bashing" someone's new RV? This was your response below;

bizarre, sad

why?

Why is roadtrek adventuous rs1 bashing and trashing the op's nice new sequence? Over and over, again and again?

Bud

hardly.... They are statements of perception from a person i know , get over it. He said,

1. The "wet bath" seemed a little small for them and not usable"
2. They had some trouble accelerating particularly up a hill to get up to speed. "he said he had to floor it" and it was not that responsive.

It didn't work for his situation, that's all.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt what the roadtrek sales person said to us privately. He told me that they heard that from their clients all the time, but, they wanted the bathroom with the shower combination anyway. They felt as though people would see this as benefit at resale. Having had a small trailer previously with "no bathroom" at all, i completely agree with that.

It's no secret that "wet baths" are generally small. And, my friend thought it was a bit small for them. Heck, i think in the rt 190 popular series to use the "wet bath" you have to basically remove part of the floor board in the center aisle and block the aisle completely just to take a shower, how's that working for you?

It's pretty rich that you're actually "bashing" my rs in your previous thread inferring that my rv is a little under powered with only 188 horse power compared to a 280 horse powered engine. I imagine that you think i have trouble getting up to speed, getting out of the way in traffic or even climbing hills with such puny resources.

if 280 hp won't do, i wonder about 188?
Old 01-28-2020, 04:46 AM   #27

Subscribing to this thread. The Sequence 20K has caught our attention. With all do respect, Thor quality has us more than a little concerned, however, as we haven't purchased a van we're going to keep our minds open until we're ready to put money down. Thanks to all the owners adding to this discussion.

Travel safe everyone.
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:02 AM   #28

Great Thor Sequence page on Facebook
mtbkr1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:17 AM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkr1030 View Post
Great Thor Sequence page on Facebook
Darn, I miss a lot of stuff by not being on Facebook & Twitter. But not enough to make me join.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:39 AM   #30

Join, it’s fun. Lots of great info. More people on face Than on these message boards.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:31 AM   #31

Default Sequence curious

Thanks for starting the thread. I am interested to know if you have any updates since your purchase? I really like the Sequence and would like to be aware of possible issues I would need to deal with along the way.

The Travato K has the better cushions, but you have solved that with replacing your foam. Have you used the shower? What are your thoughts on that? I found that at my height 6'2" the Travato K has a light in the middle of the shower that hits my head. I also prefer the curtain in the shower. As some have mentioned the lack of opening windows in the sleeping area, have you found that a problem? Is the storage enough?

Anything you might be able to pass on would be an asset.
Thanks
pdnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:50 PM   #32

I'm sure the Travato has better cushions but for the price of the Sequnce K it just made sense for me. I've used the shower once and I'm 5'9" and no problems with hitting my head. There's a curtan in the shower and it works great. Ventialtion on the K is not a problem. There are two windows up front right where the bed is. I haven't used it in an extreme HOT weather yet. Please check out the "Thor Sequence and Tellaro Owners and Wannabees" FACEBOOK page if you want great details on the Sequence. Tons of pics, etc.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #33

Thumbs up Don’t have yet but just purchased Sequence 20A

Let me see if I can figure out how to load floorplan
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DCEAFB8C-0885-4442-BFAE-65685D58A6EF.jpeg (55.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpeg 79013DC9-77CA-4DE0-8BB4-00BDD5A5017D.jpeg (47.1 KB, 22 views)
Paul Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:40 PM   #34
Platinum Member

Default Sequence 20A vs Tellaro 20AT

So what is the difference between your new Sequence 20A and the very similar Thor Tellaro 20AT? Floorplans look nearly the same and both feature optional pop-top roof sleeping areas.

The only obvious difference appears to be Sequence's slide-out bed frame vs. fold-up on the Tellaro. Oh, and slide-out pet food trays on the Tellaro?

Any other differences that aren't obvious from the floorplans?
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:45 AM   #35

Yes slide over bed I prefer over fold up and apparently the cabinets are European, whether they are sourced that way or designed that way I am not sure.
Paul Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:31 PM   #36
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
So what is the difference between your new Sequence 20A and the very similar Thor Tellaro 20AT? Floorplans look nearly the same and both feature optional pop-top roof sleeping areas.

The only obvious difference appears to be Sequence's slide-out bed frame vs. fold-up on the Tellaro. Oh, and slide-out pet food trays on the Tellaro?

I have not seen the Sequence 20A, but my guess is that the difference is merely cosmetic.

The production Tellaro 20AT I saw in Tampa had a sliding bed as well, though I think a prototype in a December video had a folding bed like the Hymer Aktiv. Thor's site also shows the pet bowls in the Tellaro, which I presume are removable.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:32 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post

They are identical builds- some dealers get the Sequence, some the Tellaro.
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:15 AM   #38

Default I chose Sequence 20L v. Travato 59K

Just bought a 2021 Sequence (delivery in 2 weeks). Its my first RV and plan to use it for touring, naps, rest stops, and rarely overnights. The dealer asked $79,999 but agreed to $75K, with tax $80k... out the door.

I compared 2020 models: Sequence 20L v. Travato 59K and found them nearly identical. I chose Sequence.
1. I believe it cost less (but admit I didn't "bottom-line" a Travato).
2. I preferred the lighter color cabin decor.
3. I preferred the sliding side-door screen door vs. a mag/zip door.
4. I preferred the ladder (it hides... less "RV" look and its usable elsewhere).
5. I preferred the control panel with easy buttons for lighting.

Can't bash either... they're both very nice.
I hope this info helps others.
fx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #39
Platinum Member

Congrats on your Sequence! Keep us informed of your delivery.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:21 PM   #40

Hey Timbo: We just bought a 20L Sequence also! I have been buying things to get it ready for our first trip. Can't wait!
jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote