Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2021, 01:34 AM   #41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
The Thor owner’s resource has electrical schematics for your rig.
For our 2020 Tellaro 20AT the battery (+) feed splits off to three places:
To the inverter
To the chassis battery isolation relay
To the main DC manual rotary disconnect.

You would need three shunts to measure A-H in and out of the batteries.

There is a single wire from the battery (-) terminal to chassis ground - that may work but it is underneath the van and exposed to the elements.

Tom

The shunts go to the negative cable as the last thing before the battery, with no other connection in between it and the negative terminal, so as long as the grounds are already combined, or the last thing currently is a ground from the chassis to battery, it could be very easy. Nothing to do with independent power side cables.

Before I would put the shunt under the van, I would just move the ground connection to an area of the chassis inside the van or in a protected area and extend the ground cable to it.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:12 AM   #42
Platinum Member

You could consider mounting one shunt in a heat dissipating enclosure like this one under the van
https://www.newark.com/hammond/1455k...um/dp/67AC4423
or just current monitors or battery monitors which can be mounted on positive sited from Bluesea. I have battery monitor on my battery bank (negative) and just ammeter monitoring charge between house and engine batteries (positive).
https://www.bluesea.com/products/183...meter_with_SoC
https://www.bluesea.com/products/cat...igital_Monitor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00803.jpg (617.4 KB, 5 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 01:00 PM   #43
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashmead View Post
A question for those of you who understand the wiring: Is it possible to mount the Victron BMV 712 Battery monitor shunt inside the Tellaro AT near the power center? Since the batteries are under the chassis, the shunt would be too exposed without some sort of protection. Would anyone share their experience at installing this?

We do not have the lithium package in the new Van, but our current one does and we have found the monitor very useful. So even without lithium, we would like this upgrade. I have found monitoring by voltage less satisfactory.

Thanks!
I think it would be easier to somehow weather protect the shunt than to splice onto and then run all the large cables and wires into the cabin. There are weatherproof enclosures available at Lowe's and watertight fittings for cable entry and exit if you want. On my Travato, the shunt just sits on top of one of the batteries, secured only with a heavy copper strap that doubles as the negative connection to the battery (Thanks, Avanti). Never had a problem in years. My Dynamax is still in the planning stages but the shunt will be outside, protected from the weather in a plastic junction box but only a foot away from where the batteries will be moved to. All the cables that were once attached to the negative post will be attached to a buss bar so only one cable will be attached to either end of the shunt. It will be an easy task to keep the shunt out of the elements.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
I think it would be easier to somehow weather protect the shunt than to splice onto and then run all the large cables and wires into the cabin. There are weatherproof enclosures available at Lowe's and watertight fittings for cable entry and exit if you want. On my Travato, the shunt just sits on top of one of the batteries, secured only with a heavy copper strap that doubles as the negative connection to the battery (Thanks, Avanti). Never had a problem in years. My Dynamax is still in the planning stages but the shunt will be outside, protected from the weather in a plastic junction box but only a foot away from where the batteries will be moved to. All the cables that were once attached to the negative post will be attached to a buss bar so only one cable will be attached to either end of the shunt. It will be an easy task to keep the shunt out of the elements.

To each there own, of course, but I will run one cable into the van before I would try to either mount a box that also has to be able to keep the shunt cool, or weatherproof it some other way while also assuring cooling. All it takes is a 1/2" or 3/4" hole that probably already is around somewhere, or can be cut easily. It is a ground so not as much precaution needed as you would with positive cables. If it is outside, you still have to run the low voltage wiring to it anyway which requires about a 1/4-3/8" hole. Those would also need to go into a box if you use one.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:41 PM   #45

Default Tellaro AT under bed dimension

Would greatly appreciate if anyone has the measurement for height of the aisle space under the bed (from the floor to the bottom surface of the bedframe/support) when it is fully extended. Trying to figure out if there is sufficient height for us to figure out a way to store bicycles under there if we remove wheels etc., though it looks doubtful from eyeballing the photos. Many thanks for any info.
jhkvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:35 AM   #46
Platinum Member

27” from rear floor to bottom of bed frame
rear floor is 24” wide at base of cabinets, 23” wide minimum due to cabinet door handles.

2020 Tellaro 20AT

Tom
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:13 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrank View Post
Thanks. I know Facebook wants everyone to think that everyone has a Facebook account, but I do not. Beside I want to support the RVLIFE commnity. Thanks for the suggestion.
I agree, I don’t want a FB account our anything to do with that company.
OldSheepDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:18 PM   #48

Quote:
No to both.
There is room in the inverter cabinet for a hardwired surge protector.

I bought one from Hughes autoformer that protects against surges and over/under voltage.
I pick up my Tellaro on May 3rd, would you happen to have a picture of were the inverter lives?
Old 04-25-2021, 03:30 PM   #49

Does anyone know if a Webber Q1000 will fit in the storage area at the rear of the van where the outside shower is located? If not does anyone have a grill recommendation that does that is of similar quality to the Webber?
Old 04-25-2021, 05:46 PM   #50
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSheepDog View Post
I pick up my Tellaro on May 3rd, would you happen to have a picture of were the inverter lives?
Congrats! Not long now. What model did you buy? I have pics of where I installed the power watchdog on our 2020 Tellaro 20AT but each floorplan is different.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:00 PM   #51

Quote:
Congrats! Not long now. What model did you buy? I have pics of where I installed the power watchdog on our 2020 Tellaro 20AT but each floorplan is different.
We bought the LT, two twin beds that can be combined. The twins will allow me to use it when I go hiking with friends, or push the beds together when I’m with my better half.

I tried to register on Thor with my VIN but it wont let me do that yet.

I did plan on picking up a Hughes Autoformer PWD30-EPO and water pressure regulator before picking her up.
Old 04-25-2021, 11:03 PM   #52
Platinum Member

Sorry, I don’t have any pics of the LT. I have the PWD30-EPO and highly recommend it.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:09 PM   #53

Default Newbie Question: Sewer Hose Storage

We will take delivery of our 2022 Tellaro LT later this summer. It appears that something like the Stowaway2 is my long-term fix for sewer hose storage. Has anyone implemented a more quick and dirty storage solution? It's 2,000 miles from the dealer to home, and we plan to make a road trip of it. Thanks.
Lawrence L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:40 PM   #54
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldlukens@comcast.net View Post
We will take delivery of our 2022 Tellaro LT later this summer. It appears that something like the Stowaway2 is my long-term fix for sewer hose storage. Has anyone implemented a more quick and dirty storage solution? It's 2,000 miles from the dealer to home, and we plan to make a road trip of it. Thanks.
To me "Stowaway 2" mostly says swing away. What do you mean, you would use the giant box they offer to go on top of the hitch platform with something else on top. What are you envisioning?
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:40 PM   #55
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldlukens@comcast.net View Post
We had a Stowaway II box and used it for stove, BBQ, camping chairs, mineral water and other miscellaneous stuff. We no longer have one, to park my van in the garage I had to remove it and mount it for trips, it was just cumbersome. I replaced it with a permanent ladder for chairs and BBQ.
The biggest issue with the box is that it is a major stuff magnet, very often after the trip we found unused stuff inside. I don’t have a drain hose in my current RV – have a cassette system.

If I had to store a sewage hose, I would attach a PVC storage tube to the box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GZR02212-2.jpg (588.7 KB, 8 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:59 PM   #56
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence L. View Post
Check this out:

https://dwincorp.com/product/super-s...ozoVE5MeFD2XB8

That would fit under the van. Looks pretty simple to install.

My view: the advantage of a Class B is small size and simplicity. So external cargo boxes, trailers, etc. are all no-go.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:08 PM   #57
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
To me "Stowaway 2" mostly says swing away. What do you mean, you would use the giant box they offer to go on top of the hitch platform with something else on top. What are you envisioning?
Misspoke, use the box on top or use something instead of the big box, not something on top of the big box.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #58

Default Sewer Hose Storage

Thanks to everyone who replied. It looks like my short-term (at least) fix is something like a Valterra tube and several heavy duty cable ties.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:42 PM   #59

Thumbs up W9TR, totally agree with your view!

We will pick up a Tellaro KT soon, and your post has solved a big problem for us. Thanks!

Quote:
Check this out:

https://dwincorp.com/product/super-s...ozoVE5MeFD2XB8

That would fit under the van. Looks pretty simple to install.

My view: the advantage of a Class B is small size and simplicity. So external cargo boxes, trailers, etc. are all no-go.
bob12531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:48 PM   #60
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12531 View Post
We will pick up a Tellaro KT soon, and your post has solved a big problem for us. Thanks!
Glad I was able to help out. Enjoy your new rig!
Tom