Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2020, 02:09 AM   #1

Default Thor Tellaro Owners

Not much on line about the Tellaro. Post your experience with this b-van. Likes and dislikes etc. Curious about what people have paid as well.
cfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #2
Gold Member

Probably the best place for that is the FB Thor Sequence and Tellaro Owners and Wannabees page.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #3

Default Thanks - Facebook

Thanks. I know Facebook wants everyone to think that everyone has a Facebook account, but I do not. Beside I want to support the RVLIFE commnity. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInWoods View Post
Probably the best place for that is the FB Thor Sequence and Tellaro Owners and Wannabees page.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:13 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrank View Post
Thanks. I know Facebook wants everyone to think that everyone has a Facebook account, but I do not. Beside I want to support the RVLIFE commnity. Thanks for the suggestion.
What is support the RVLIFE community? There are many of us on Facebook and also participate here. I think here because of a dedicated few the discussion is in more depth and the forum structure structure allows for more continuity. I created a group on Facebook that follows a single type of sandwich in primarily 4 states and now is closing in on 35,000 member and added 300 this week. That would be impossible with an independent forum like this. So you can imagine the rich RV life that is on Facebook with probably thousands of groups from "small workshops" to "Broadway." See below.

I learned in the 1980's that in any forum or group there are actors and audience. The actors are the people who post consistently and entertain the audience which is a vast passive group called sometimes derisively, lurkers, but actually necessary. The Thank button here or the Like button on Facebook is sometimes is their only participation. The private message is a knock on the dressing room door. The actors will sometimes make a comment that will draw out a member of the audience to participate. That and the Like/Thank buttons are the clapping for the actors. The quality of the production is a indicated by the growth of the audience.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:09 AM   #5

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
What is support the RVLIFE community? There are many of us on Facebook and also participate here. I think here because of a dedicated few the discussion is in more depth and the forum structure structure allows for more continuity. I created a group on Facebook that follows a single type of sandwich in primarily 4 states and now is closing in on 35,000 member and added 300 this week. That would be impossible with an independent forum like this. So you can imagine the rich RV life that is on Facebook with probably thousands of groups from "small workshops" to "Broadway." See below.

I learned in the 1980's that in any forum or group there are actors and audience. The actors are the people who post consistently and entertain the audience which is a vast passive group called sometimes derisively, lurkers, but actually necessary. The Thank button here or the Like button on Facebook is sometimes is their only participation. The private message is a knock on the dressing room door. The actors will sometimes make a comment that will draw out a member of the audience to participate. That and the Like/Thank buttons are the clapping for the actors. The quality of the production is a indicated by the growth of the audience.
Thanks for your personal insights into facebook, sandwich groups and the theater. Very interesting. Yes RVLIFE will never grow if everyone gets shooed to Facebook. I am not looking for 35,000 members here, that would probable crash the internet and the lights would go out in Dixie. But, I am not going to worry about that happening. I would be happy with 5-6 members here. Thank you for your suggestions.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:38 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post

Good inside, thank you. I am not too much into sandwiches but a German pork knuckle, spätzles, red cabbage and a good beer is my chosen pork meal.
https://en.petitchef.com/recipes/mai...ge-fid-1052956
Attached Images
File Type: png spatzle.png (696.5 KB, 16 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:45 AM   #7

Default Food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Good inside, thank you. I am not too much into sandwiches but a German pork knuckle, spätzles, red cabbage and a good beer is my chosen pork meal.
https://en.petitchef.com/recipes/mai...ge-fid-1052956
Thank you. Now that sounds and looks really good.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Default Tellaro

I ordered a Thor Tellaro 20AT in early March. I'd like to give you a first hand account of it, but it has not yet been delivered due to a recall on the Promaster chassis.

There are now three floorplans:
20AT - clone of the Hymer Aktiv 2.0 including an optional Sky bunk pop top. This is the one we have on order, including the optional Skybunk.

20LT - clone of the Travato K

Coming soon will be the 20 KT, which is a unique floorplan available only on another Thor Sequence Model 20K. We like this floorplan because of the larger fridge, more cabinet space, and more countertop space.

These three floorplans are also available in the Thor Sequence. These two Thor models seem to be physically identical. The Sequence has slightly different interior color options.
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
I ordered a Thor Tellaro 20AT in early March. I'd like to give you a first hand account of it, but it has not yet been delivered due to a recall on the Promaster chassis.

There are now three floorplans:
20AT - clone of the Hymer Aktiv 2.0 including an optional Sky bunk pop top. This is the one we have on order, including the optional Skybunk.

Coming soon will be the 20 KT, which is a unique floorplan available only on another Thor Sequence Model 20K. We like this floorplan because of the larger fridge, more cabinet space, and more countertop space
Hi. I missed hearing about the promaster chassis recall. Appreciate the heads up, I will look more into that.

I like the AT with the rear twin beds. I like being able to open the rear doors. I've talked to a couple dealers here and they immediately try and switch me to a Winnebago Travato. Yes the AT has a small microwave and almost no closet, but having the front lounge and twin beds is what I have been lookin for. Guess I will have to wait for a bit. I saw them from $75k to 105k so big price difference by dealer, but now they mostly seem to say "call for best price." I would assume they are the same price as the Sequence. Everything seems the same except the floor plan.

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-03-2020, 05:51 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hi. I missed hearing about the promaster chassis recall. Appreciate the heads up, I will look more into that.

I like the AT with the rear twin beds. I like being able to open the rear doors. I've talked to a couple dealers here and they immediately try and switch me to a Winnebago Travato. Yes the AT has a small microwave and almost no closet, but having the front lounge and twin beds is what I have been lookin for. Guess I will have to wait for a bit. I saw them from $75k to 105k so big price difference by dealer, but now they mostly seem to say "call for best price." I would assume they are the same price as the Sequence. Everything seems the same except the floor plan.

Thanks for the info!
We selected the 20AT floorplan for the same reasons you noted.
The rear bed is a king when fully set up. Lots of ventilation with the back open.

We felt having a bed in the back and a smaller bathroom was a good tradeoff.

We also like the fact that there are two separate areas in this van - one for sleeping in the back, the other with the kitchen and front area available at the same time. So Kelly can sleep in while I'm up rooting around, making coffee, etc.

The Skybunk option MSRP is $16k, so that accounts for a lot of the price difference you may see online. After looking at the Sequence and Tellaro closely there is really no price difference for similar models.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:57 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Default how big is the bed ?

Quote:
I

There are now three floorplans: soon there will be the 20 KT, which is a unique floorplan available only on another Thor Sequence Model 20K. We like this floorplan because of the larger fridge, more cabinet space, and more countertop space.

These three floorplans are also available in the Thor Sequence. These two Thor models seem to be physically identical. The Sequence has slightly different interior color options.
Do you know the bed size of the sofa bed of this model? I went to both the Sequence and Tellaro webpages and neither pf them had this info posted that I could see.
GBail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBail View Post
Do you know the bed size of the sofa bed of this model? I went to both the Sequence and Tellaro webpages and neither pf them had this info posted that I could see.
Interesting. I don't see details either. Only two twins or king bed. Here is a good sequence review but it does not say either.

You have me curious so down the rabbit hole I go...
Old 05-03-2020, 08:19 PM   #13

I looked at the tellaro in Houston a few weeks ago, and the reason we we're interested in the AT is because of the two three-point seat belts for grandchildren behind the driver seat. The other option we're looking at is the Roadtrek Zion SRT 2020 model they're about the same price. The Zion has the two three-point seat belts on the rear couch.
The pop-up is definitely very cool The salesman had a very hard time pushing it up. He tried to use the ladder to push it up and the ladder ended up at our feet in the parking lot, almost took us out, definitely don't like the little teeny refrigerator on the floor.
Still checking them both out, we will see
roncreighton@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:07 PM   #14
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBail View Post
From an earlier thread on this forum: "Colin from the Factory measured the bed and it is 74" x 59" - just a bit shorter than a Queen size which is 80" x 60".
https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...lar-10112.html

Also about this on the FB page I mentioned:"Can't walk around the bed when its fully extended. You sleep N/S in both models. 74" x 58" fully extended."
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thor...4651848377267/
Old 05-03-2020, 09:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Interesting. I don't see details either. Only two twins or king bed. Here is a good sequence review but it does not say either.

You have me curious so down the rabbit hole I go...
Found the specs for the Sequence 20L, twin beds, rear bath. 30X80 on one, and 30x74 on the other. Ultramobility review had that info.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roncreighton@gmail.com View Post
I The other option we're looking at is the Roadtrek Zion SRT 2020 model they're about the same price.
The best published price I can find for the AT has been $79k at La Mesa Rv.(no poptop) I’m willing to travel for a deal.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:53 PM   #17
Platinum Member

We are a few weeks and 2000 miles into our 2020 Tellaro 20AT. So far, we've camped 9 nights. We're pleased with the floor plan. Drivability is excellent - this van is fun to drive and easy to park. Build quality is very good - no issues so far.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:21 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Quote:
We are a few weeks and 2000 miles into our 2020 Tellaro 20AT. So far, we've camped 9 nights. We're pleased with the floor plan. Drivability is excellent - this van is fun to drive and easy to park. Build quality is very good - no issues so far.
Appreciate the update.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:59 PM   #19

Default Good to hear

Thanks for info.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:13 AM   #20

Love the AT model! Just wish it had a black tank and not a cassette!
flyhi1213 is offline   Reply With Quote