Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2021, 03:01 PM   #1

Default What should I expect to pay for a Tofino

Hi All
New to this forum and very interested in a Pleasure Tofino. I know it rude to ask but Im going to anyway. What do you end up paying for you Tofino? Im in SOCAL and the dealers are asking $3000 plus over what Pleasureway bulid and price site is asking... Is that what you guys find too
Bandzdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:23 PM   #2
Platinum Member

They are in high demand, so if you want one you pretty much have to pay what they ask. You might find one closer to MSRP if you search for dealers outside of California. But, you pretty much have to buy it when it hits the lot because it won't be there long. Pleasureway is a small company and they are selling faster than they can build them.

It has been awhile since anyone reported a discount from MSRP on the owners Facebook page.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:12 PM   #3
Platinum Member

78k to 80k. Well worth it!
ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:23 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Hi and Welcome to the Forums

The forums are here to share information, and that can include costs of ownership.

You will need to ensure the van meets California emissions regs if shopping outside CA- the emissions sticker under the hood will detail compliance.

here in PHX there are non stop RV commercials from LaMesa touting the ongoing "RV Show" at the stadium. I have no idea of inventory, cost or compliance issues, but PHX is 6 hours from LA or SD

I have a 2006 PW model. Very happy with the build quality, materials chosen and the layout of the water, gas, electrical systems

I rented an RV in ireland on the Citroen version of that van- diesel 6 spd, It was quite a good drive

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:01 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Default Option to Tofino??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandzdaddy View Post
Hi All
New to this forum and very interested in a Pleasure Tofino. I know it rude to ask but Im going to anyway. What do you end up paying for you Tofino? Im in SOCAL and the dealers are asking $3000 plus over what Pleasureway bulid and price site is asking... Is that what you guys find too
I would suggest you may want to consider the Winnebago Solis 59P, built on Promaster 2500 high cube and has all same options of Tofino with a tad more room and a wet bath! Prices off the lot are Low $80's for the P and Low 90's for the PX which has AC and Gen on 3500 PM. Both are 4 season vans with plumbing inside other than gray tank and have 220W solar on the pop top....

They are also in high demand, but supply is ongoing. If willing to fly and drive off of coast you can find one within a day drive at lower pricing as well.

We have one and love it after considered the Tofino, but really wanted a full bath for travel especially for boondocking and Covid.

I would take a look....
rboegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:53 AM   #6

I took possession today. The thing cost me $106,000 Can. The van had all the extras. Solar 200A, screens etc. lovely to drive home but I must sat the drivers seat is not that comfortable. Might need to fix that.
Chris77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 04:08 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Hi Chris

welcome to the forums, and congrats on your new ride

I don't know what your experience is and what type of camp/ travel you do- but for us in AZ we are happy to get North for 4 or 6 weeks during the summers.

cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 12:26 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Chris, if that is a PM, the normal (fairly rapid) progression is from, "This driving position is weird/uncomfortable," to "This is the most comfortable driving position I’ve ever had." Check out all the adjustments and give it a bit of time. Like trucks and buses, it is designed for long distances.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 02:04 PM   #9

New Member here....

Picking up my new 2022 Tofino next week. End of the year Special, since they are already ordering in 2023 models.

16K below MSRP

Thanks for the forum! I'm learning a lot!

Carl
Cnatter is offline   Reply With Quote