Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #21
Platinum Member

My 7'cf double door Isotherm uses a max of 5 amps intermittently, cools very fast. Although very large, it was the best decision in my build. It holds an amazing amount of food, drinks and ice-cream. It frees up storage space as we are able to fit most of our food and drink supply into it. It is deeper than most RV refrigerators and very quiet. My small aux AGM battery and dedicated 40watt solar panel can keep it running most of the time.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:46 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Litchisinn has pics of the new Paseo.

Looks nice in some ways.

- I like the layout except would have preferred lengthwise sleeping in the dinette...

- Big fridge is nice
- Really nice rear screen
- Bath shower area looks usable

New 2017 Winnebago Paseo 48P Motor Home Class B at Lichtsinn RV | Forest City, IA | #717224A
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:47 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyne View Post

Looks nice in some ways.

- I like the layout except would have preferred lengthwise sleeping in the dinette...

- Big fridge is nice

New 2017 Winnebago Paseo 48P Motor Home Class B at Lichtsinn RV | Forest City, IA | #717224A
Agree about the nice rear screen, but not impressed by the overall "very ordinary" design of the coach. It's old WGO decor in a new chassis. Maybe their focus groups concluded that it was best to stay traditional. I was hoping their Adventure 4x4 Sprinter concept vehicle would contaminate a bit more their future designs.

Did an album with the photos from Lichtsinn RV.
New Ford Transit Paseo from Winnebago
https://www.facebook.com/kampervanfu...20315468229200

GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:09 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyne View Post

Looks nice in some ways.

- Big fridge is nice

Nice find! That is a LOT of photos.

It has more features than I thought it would have. Solar controller, tank heater, Truma, BIG fridge ................
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #25
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Agree about the nice rear screen, but not impressed by the overall "very ordinary" design of the coach. It's old WGO decor in a new chassis. Maybe their focus groups concluded that it was best to stay traditional.
::
Well, I don't blame them. Look at their sales figures. Who's dare to put their pension on the line to propose a change?

When you are the market leader, the only time to change is when the sales starts to taper off.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:53 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
Well, I don't blame them. Look at their sales figures. Who's dare to put their pension on the line to propose a change?

When you are the market leader, the only time to change is when the sales starts to taper off.
Very true! That's why innovation often comes from smaller up-fitters or from abroad.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:26 AM   #27
Bronze Member

Glad we didn't wait for this floor plan to come out. Very happy with our Travato 59K purchased this past spring. More open feel than the Paseo and we don't need to convert the bed each morning and night. The Paseo might be fine for a solo traveler who keeps the bed made up and dines at the rotated passenger seat.

According to the cross-bed dimensions, the Travato interior is 4" wider. The bed in the Paseo would not work for anyone 6' or taller (assuming the dimensions shown are correct).

It will be interesting to see how well these are received compared to other alternatives.
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:55 AM   #28
Platinum Member

No Paseo at Hershey. These pics are out because a dealer jumped the gun and posted them, and then Lichtsinn raised hell with WGO corporate.

The official debut is at the dealer event in Elkhart next week. There will be a followup with a Facebook video thingy at Pomona.

I like some of the ideas in this unit very much. Russ did tell me pricing will not be much less than a Sprinter offering, mostly due to the cost of the chassis. Also, they don't have any choice with the windows - they have to use the glass from Ford as there are a bunch of curves in it to match the body form.

Also, it was indicated to me that the build was quite difficult and they had to engineer and form all the plastic panel inside to accomodate the ribbed structure of the sidewalls of the Transit. They couldn't just modify Sprinter designs to the Transit, as all the anchoring points and features are completely different.

Personnally, I think the Paseo will be a big hit. The primary complaint will likely be that it's expensive for what it is, as the expectation may be that the pricing should be squarely between Travato and Era, but it will be closer to Era.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:08 AM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
No Paseo at Hershey. These pics are out because a dealer jumped the gun and posted them, and then Lichtsinn raised hell with WGO corporate.

The official debut is at the dealer event in Elkhart next week. There will be a followup with a Facebook video thingy at Pomona.

I like some of the ideas in this unit very much. Russ did tell me pricing will not be much less than a Sprinter offering, mostly due to the cost of the chassis. Also, they don't have any choice with the windows - they have to use the glass from Ford as there are a bunch of curves in it to match the body form.
Thanks for the info. Yes, Lichtsinn precocious post wasn't welcomed . I noticed that they managed to use the passenger van windows with inside screens and shades. It simplifies the build and gives a clean seamless look outside. It works because they have enough opening sections.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:11 AM   #30
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Yes, Lichtsinn precocious post wasn't welcomed . I noticed that they managed to use the passenger van windows with inside screens and shades. It simplifies the build and gives a clean seamless look outside. It works because they have enough opening sections.
What does "Lichtsinn precocious post wasn't welcomed" mean?

Yes, they are ordering the full window version of the van. Better sealing, higher quality.
About $110k is the non-rack installed retail price I'm hearing, which if so is real close to what our 2013 ERA 70A was....it was $109k.

Agree with previous statement that this will be a hit...

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
What does "Lichtsinn precocious post wasn't welcomed" mean?
That's what I understood from wincrasher's post. Maybe it's not what it meant. Sorry, English is not my native language Maybe I shouldn't have used "precocious" but "premature posting" or simply say that Lichtsinn posted these pics too early.

Quote:
...These pics are out because a dealer jumped the gun and posted them, and then Lichtsinn raised hell with WGO corporate. ...Personnally, I think the Paseo will be a big hit. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
Agree with previous statement that this will be a hit...
Yes bobojay, unfortunately for "tall-people-who-hate-sleeping-crosswise-and-like-contemporary-interiors", this Paseo might be a winner judging from the social media attention it is getting from very limited exposure.
On my Kampervan Flipboard mag.
https://flipboard.com/@gogeorges/kampervan-u5qd3sehy

Old 09-18-2016, 01:01 PM   #32
Platinum Member

There's not much competition on the Transit chassis yet either so the asking price can be as high as they think will work.

The other Transit based B's are New West https://www.new-west.com/our-new-west-liberte.html & Sportsmobile Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Your Home Away From Home as far as I know.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:03 PM   #33
Platinum Member

The sad fact is the Transit chassis is only about $2000 less than the Sprinter chassis.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:07 PM   #34
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
There's not much competition on the Transit chassis yet either so the asking price can be as high as they think will work.

The other Transit based B's are New West https://www.new-west.com/our-new-west-liberte.html & Sportsmobile Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Your Home Away From Home as far as I know.
Yes, because the Transit is not an easy beast to tame into an RV. Even in Europe where it was born, it is mostly used for class C builds.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:
The sad fact is the Transit chassis is only about $2000 less than the Sprinter chassis.
Unfortunately an expensive van for up-fitters, but it is "Made in America" with a good network of dealers. It is one of the reason (not the only one, because it appears to be a good vehicle) it is grabbing a good chunk of the cargo van market.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #36
Platinum Member

Not much incentive for Ford to reduce the price when they are still ramping up production and selling all they can make at the current pricing. Pretty spectacular sales in the first full year. Also not much incentive to make many changes to address the Class B market with only 3000-4000 total produced each year in North America.

Commercial Van Sales In America - December 2015 And 2015 Year End - GOOD CAR BAD CAR
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Not much incentive for Ford to reduce the price when they are still ramping up production and selling all they can make at the current pricing. Pretty spectacular sales in the first full year. Also not much incentive to make many changes to address the Class B market with only 3000-4000 total produced each year in North America.

Commercial Van Sales In America - December 2015 And 2015 Year End - GOOD CAR BAD CAR
Impressive stats! I knew about the Transit domination of the van market but I thought that the Sprinter was now behind the Promaster.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #38
Platinum Member

The close price between the Sprinter and Transit may be a temporary thing. The US manufacturers often offer deep discounts for all kinds of reasons, especially fleet pricing, and it appears that MB doesn't do much. Once Transit production catches up, it will be interesting to see what the actual sales prices are.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #39
Platinum Member

Quote:
Impressive stats! I knew about the Transit domination of the van market but I thought that the Sprinter was now behind the Promaster.
Hard to tell since Mercedes reports combined Sprinter and Metris numbers, you don't get a number for Sprinter alone...
Old 09-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #40
Platinum Member

I wonder if the Freightliner Sprinter sales are included in the numbers or not??