Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2016, 04:23 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

GeorgeB, Lichtsinn was not the dealer that posted the pics and info early. It was a Canadian dealer and one other here in the states.

Lichtsinn only posted the pics and info after WGO had given the OK since someone else had already broken the news.

The pictures on Lichtsinn's website were taken at the assembly plant on a pre-production unit, (prototype so to speak). The "official" WGO publicity pics will come after the true unveiling at Elkhart and Pomona.

I'm sure there will be a "FitRV" introduction video from Pomona in the coming weeks....

The price I stated earlier is pure speculation on my part. I'm sure Ford is giving a BIG price break to fleet buyers like WGO. They are heavy into fleet marketing, and will do what it takes....

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:46 AM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
GeorgeB, Lichtsinn was not the dealer that posted the pics and info early. It was a Canadian dealer and one other here in the states.

Lichtsinn only posted the pics and info after WGO had given the OK since someone else had already broken the news.

The pictures on Lichtsinn's website were taken at the assembly plant on a pre-production unit, (prototype so to speak). The "official" WGO publicity pics will come after the true unveiling at Elkhart and Pomona.

I'm sure there will be a "FitRV" introduction video from Pomona in the coming weeks....

The price I stated earlier is pure speculation on my part. I'm sure Ford is giving a BIG price break to fleet buyers like WGO. They are heavy into fleet marketing, and will do what it takes....
I wasn't aware of the previous Canadian and US posts of the Paseo. One thing is sure is that WGO is interested in leaking pics even if it's a preproduction unit. They just posted my Kampervan FB post on their Winnebago Life Flipboard mag [url]https://flipboard.com/@winnebagolife/winnebagolife-qcp475nuz[/u
I think WGO has the ability to conquer new markets. I'm sure they are keeping an eye on the Erwin Hymer Group moves. The B market will benefit from Hymer's acquisition. Not only from what they will offer but also from how the competition will react.

GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #43
Platinum Member

One thing of note - the color of this van in the pictures is not the color they will be using. Ford discontinued this brownish color while they were building the prototype.

The production van will be similar to the granite that is so popular on the Promaster.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:31 PM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
One thing of note - the color of this van in the pictures is not the color they will be using. Ford discontinued this brownish color while they were building the prototype.

The production van will be similar to the granite that is so popular on the Promaster.
Yes the so far released pics are of a 2016 chassis. The retail units will be 2017 on up.
Makes a difference when your chassis supplier's plant is only 350 miles away from you

Old 09-21-2016, 12:38 AM   #45
Platinum Member

This one I would be interested in I think. As long as build quality compares to PW.
Is the V6 turbo?
Also isn't the Ford a bit wider than the MB?
Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:18 AM   #46
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley View Post
This one I would be interested in I think. As long as build quality compares to PW.
Is the V6 turbo?
Also isn't the Ford a bit wider than the MB?
Ford EcoBoost engines are turbo. In this case, twin turbos, one on each side.
Yes the Transit is just a bit wider than the Sprinter, not to mention a much more modern interior design

Old 09-21-2016, 11:41 AM   #47
Gold Member

Here's another article with details for the Winnebago Paseo

Winnebago launches Ford Transit-based Paseo camper van
tmshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:35 PM   #48
Platinum Member

A feature that is useful is the capability to carry 6 people using the 4 belted seats in the rear.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #49
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
A feature that is useful is the capability to carry 6 people using the 4 belted seats in the rear.
I assume, that being a dually, the Transit has more load capacity than the Chevies and other single rear vans, but does it have enough to cover 6 people in full RV conversion van, plus your stuff? Roadtrek says the 210 Chevy can carry 4-6 also, but it doesn't have load capacity to do it unless they are all very small.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:28 PM   #50
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I assume, that being a dually, the Transit has more load capacity than the Chevies and other single rear vans, but does it have enough to cover 6 people in full RV conversion van, plus your stuff? Roadtrek says the 210 Chevy can carry 4-6 also, but it doesn't have load capacity to do it unless they are all very small.
Since when does the typical RV owner worry about details like GVWR, they put seat belts there for people to sit there so,that is what they do...
Old 09-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #51
Platinum Member

Quote:
Since when does the typical RV owner worry about details like GVWR, they put seat belts there for people to sit there so,that is what they do...
Yep--the belts are there so they stay "seated" when the van is sitting on it's roof after blowing a tire-----
Old 09-21-2016, 02:43 PM   #52
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Impressive stats! I knew about the Transit domination of the van market but I thought that the Sprinter was now behind the Promaster.
Hard to tell since Mercedes reports combined Sprinter and Metris numbers, you don't get a number for Sprinter alone...?

Are we reading the same chart?

Promaster DOES lead Mercedes; even WITH the Metris combined..

Commercial Van Sales In America - May 2016 YTD - GOOD CAR BAD CAR
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #53
Platinum Member

Worrying about sales figures to me is like saying you prefer Bud Light and McDonalds Big Macs over every beer and burger in the world.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #54
Platinum Member

Interesting that Sprinter sales are not growing now...
Old 09-21-2016, 03:03 PM   #55
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Impressive stats! I knew about the Transit domination of the van market but I thought that the Sprinter was now behind the Promaster.
Hard to tell since Mercedes reports combined Sprinter and Metris numbers, you don't get a number for Sprinter alone...?

Are we reading the same chart?

Promaster DOES lead Mercedes; even WITH the Metris combined..

Commercial Van Sales In America - May 2016 YTD - GOOD CAR BAD CAR
What is a RAM Cargo Van? Only 1 sold so far this year??
Old 09-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #56
Platinum Member

Quote:
Interesting that Sprinter sales are not growing now...
What may be of more interest than the brand growth itself, could be the reason. The MB products are getting more and more loaded up with proprietary features, it appears. I don't know if you can buy a "stripper" Sprinter, but I would think that a lot of fleet delivery, tradesman, etc would be looking for that, and that is what the used to get in the traditional Ford, Chevy, Dodge body on frame vans. If all the other brands go away from the basic stripped down van, will things be better for MB?
Old 09-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #57
Platinum Member

MB must have faith in the next generation Sprinter to invest in the new manufacturing plant...
Old 09-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #58
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
What may be of more interest than the brand growth itself, could be the reason. The MB products are getting more and more loaded up with proprietary features, it appears. I don't know if you can buy a "stripper" Sprinter, but I would think that a lot of fleet delivery, tradesman, etc would be looking for that, and that is what the used to get in the traditional Ford, Chevy, Dodge body on frame vans. If all the other brands go away from the basic stripped down van, will things be better for MB?
MB introduced a "stripped" basic van version in 2016. I believe it's several K cheaper than the previous basic van.
Personal opinion is that the Metris will soon be their highest volume van offering in N.A, but we may not know that when it happens because of the combined sales figures of the Sprinter & Metris.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #59
Platinum Member

Quote:
What is a RAM Cargo Van? Only 1 sold so far this year??
Must be the cargo version of the caravan...
Old 09-21-2016, 03:39 PM   #60
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
MB introduced a "stripped" basic van version in 2016. I believe it's several K cheaper than the previous basic van.
Personal opinion is that the Metris will soon be their highest volume van offering in N.A, but we may not know that when it happens because of the combined sales figures of the Sprinter & Metris.
Looks like they are split out now in that latest report...

Is the new US plant building a mix of Sprinter and Metris, that flexibility would seem to reduce the risk of not meeting sales goals for the Sprinter...

Answer I found is yes...

http://www.postandcourier.com/201604...rogress-report