Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #61
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Must be the cargo version of the caravan...

The Ram cargo van is the cargo version of the mini-van. It's been discontinued now that their new model mini-van is out

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #62
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Looks like they are split out now in that latest report...

Is the new US plant building a mix of Sprinter and Metris, that flexibility would seem to reduce the risk of not meeting sales goals for the Sprinter...

Answer I found is yes...

New Mercedes-Benz Vans boss stops by North Charleston plant for progress report - Post and Courier
I see they are separated now. Sensible decision about building both models together here as the future Sprinter numbers wouldn't support a full on assembly plant here I feel

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #63
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Interesting that Sprinter sales are not growing now...
Why should that be a surprise?
When there is a choice, people will make the choice.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #64
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
Why should that be a surprise?
When there is a choice, people will make the choice.
Not surprising to me either but maybe not what MB was hoping for when you read the article above about the new plant...

Will they lower the price using the savings from getting rid of the chicken tax extra work or will the next gen be so much better that they can increase sales at the current prices? Not sure I understand their plan to grow sales in the face of the competition that has been introduced into the eurovan market here...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #65
Silver Member

I looked at the Paseo at the Central NY RV show yesterday, and I didn't see a grab bar for when you are entering through the sliding door. The dealer had taped a signed up saying not to use the screen door as a grab bar (which is probably why the 59G on display had a mangled screen door). The only "grab bar" I found was to open the small screen window by the sliding door and use the metal bar that the screen slides into as an assist.
Am I missing something? I use the grab bar on the Travato 59K all the time.
Howard
gk&hc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #66
Bronze Member

I don't see one in the photos and videos. We also use the grab bar on our 59K Travato and would think not having one on the Paseo is a real safety hazard.

Howard - as a 59K owner, what did you think of the Paseo? We have not seen one yet.
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:30 AM   #67
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat66 View Post

Howard - as a 59K owner, what did you think of the Paseo? We have not seen one yet.
I think the only reason to buy one is for the increased seating capacity. I still much preferred the open interior of the 59K. The people who like the 59G might like the Paseo; it's hard to tell.
gk&hc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:48 AM   #68
Platinum Member

As a Travato 59 G owner, I can tell you the Paseo does nothing for me, if I were to switch, I'd much prefer the K. The Paseo looks like the same old "done to death" long skinny hall/Rear couch/bed/dinette set up where you are constantly "resetting" the room, and if you do carry passengers, they are 15' behind you in the rear of the van where you probably can't even speak comfortably to them..

Of course, this seems like the most popular floor plan for decades among other brands, so that goes to show you what I know...
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:40 AM   #69
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk&hc View Post
I think the only reason to buy one is for the increased seating capacity.
Plus a few other things that come to mind:

Way more torque
Larger water tanks
5000# towing capacity
Spare tire
Ford chassis (more service dealers, esp. in small towns)
Much larger fridge (than in the 59K)
Dual rear wheels
More OCCC
A real sewer hose storage tube
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk&hc View Post
I think the only reason to buy one is for the increased seating capacity. I still much preferred the open interior of the 59K. The people who like the 59G might like the Paseo; it's hard to tell.
The Paseo is a really nice looking RV, really liked the looks of it on the outside. That being said, I agree that I also like the open interior of the 59K. I wish the 59K's twin beds doubled as a seating area with seatbelts for occasional passengers tho and prefer the tank sizes in the Paseo. I really do not like models like this Paseo where the bathroom is right behind the driver's seat, too claustrophic. The only way I would have liked is if they pushed the bath and fridge down, taking out the closet, and maybe putting a low smaller closet on the floor behind driver, this way you could double as a table and feel more open that is IF the front driver's chair turned around, another issue with the Ford Transits. When both chairs turn I may look trading up to a B+ size from Era to a Transit. I really like the new floor plans they are using now in the Fuse with the twin beds with bathroom in back, very open. Again tho I want both seats in the front to spin. Anyone know if they are coming out with another floorplan in the Paseo or if they are working on making the front seat spin in the Transits?
cjscott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:50 PM   #71
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjscott123 View Post
The Paseo is a really nice looking RV, really liked the looks of it on the outside. That being said, I agree that I also like the open interior of the 59K. I wish the 59K's twin beds doubled as a seating area with seatbelts for occasional passengers tho and prefer the tank sizes in the Paseo. I really do not like models like this Paseo where the bathroom is right behind the driver's seat, too claustrophic. The only way I would have liked is if they pushed the bath and fridge down, taking out the closet, and maybe putting a low smaller closet on the floor behind driver, this way you could double as a table and feel more open that is IF the front driver's chair turned around, another issue with the Ford Transits. When both chairs turn I may look trading up to a B+ size from Era to a Transit. I really like the new floor plans they are using now in the Fuse with the twin beds with bathroom in back, very open. Again tho I want both seats in the front to spin. Anyone know if they are coming out with another floorplan in the Paseo or if they are working on making the front seat spin in the Transits?
Ford is moving the brake on the 2018 Ford Transits. Then both front seats will be able to swivel. This is per a discussion on the fordtransit forum.
I am waiting to see if they do and if they do then I may have sportsmobile build a custom van for me.
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:35 PM   #72
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperml View Post
Ford is moving the brake on the 2018 Ford Transits. Then both front seats will be able to swivel.
I saw mention of this over on The conFUSEd RVer. A Winnebago Fuse owner's group had a get together recently & Ford sent a factory rep to talk about the Transit.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:48 PM   #73
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I saw mention of this over on The conFUSEd RVer. A Winnebago Fuse owner's group had a get together recently & Ford sent a factory rep to talk about the Transit.
This thread on the ford transit forum has all the updates that Ford will do on the 2018 Transit.
Ford announces new standards, options for 2018 Transit - Ford Transit USA Forum
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #74
Platinum Member

unfortunate that the Transit was basically DOA in the RV market. Really wanted a Ford based B in the layout we want. Basically the Fuse, but with Ecoboost and a van.

But Fords pricing is just too high. RV makers feel that the price difference is too small and they may as well just use the Benz because people perceive it as higher value.

Guess if we want gas vans the Promaster is it.
mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
unfortunate that the Transit was basically DOA in the RV market. Really wanted a Ford based B in the layout we want. Basically the Fuse, but with Ecoboost and a van.

But Fords pricing is just too high. RV makers feel that the price difference is too small and they may as well just use the Benz because people perceive it as higher value.

Guess if we want gas vans the Promaster is it.
Don't know what you consider too high, but a couple weeks ago I picked up a new 2017 PASEO for $87k. It's a great RV, handles like a new quad cab pickup truck and tows my '04 Wrangler beautifully.
AC Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:23 AM   #76

I love mine! Engine / drivetrain is last thing I worry about on my Paseo.
annarborRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:25 AM   #77

Bought my Paseo used, love the Ford drivetrain. Wouldn't trade it even up for a Benz diesel. Fuel is more expensive and just wait for the $5,000 injector maintenance bill.
annarborRVer is offline   Reply With Quote