Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default Winnebago Paseo

This is the 1st mention I've heard of the new Winnebago Transit Van Class B. I guess we'll just have to settle for gazing at the floor plan until the reveal at Hershey.

#0 - 2017 Winnebago Paseo for sale in North East PA
tmshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Unique engine, a PowerStroke V6 gas engine... LOL
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Nice find

Winnebago Paseo.jpg

I think some folks have been hoping/waiting to get a Class B with the PowerStroke V6 gas engine.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Found this photo on Triangle RV's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/TriangleRvCentre/

2017 Winnebago Paseo.jpg
Old 09-04-2016, 04:38 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I look right at the size of the bed- 53" x 72"--- would anyone really be ok with that for more than 1 person ( and it's a climb-over to use the head at night).

seems the space could be used better- the head seems quite large for a B and the bed quite small

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
Platinum Member

That bed size is slightly bigger than what I have now (by an inch or two). The size is ok for us as we are not large. The climb over would not be my first choice though. It's a Classic B van compromise - in our case we each have our own wardrobe - his & hers - but have the smaller climb-over bed setup.

Swapping the fridge and wardrobe in the Paseo and making the wardrobe half height (ceiling down) looks like it could give you two twin beds but typically the fridge is positioned to be a certain distance away from the fuel filler so maybe that is why the fridge is in that spot.

It kind of looks like a single traveler could use either the fore/aft bed on the passenger side or the larger double size flex bed.

Maybe this is a bit of a re-emergence of cross way sleeping with Hymer and Winnebago offering it (based on the early pre-production info).

If it is indeed priced less than the Travato as surmised by the FB comment below that might push Winnebago to new heights in the B market place.

paseo less than travato.JPG
Old 09-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

It's going to be priced between the ERA & Travato. Folks that went on the GNR tour of WGO's class B plant were told that. They saw mockups of this interior...

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Sadly, I didn't get to see those mock-ups. This looks like a Zion, but with the Sprinter proportions. Can't wait to see it in person at Hershey. Hopefully it's all fitted out so I can get some pictures of the underside.

I wonder what event these pictures were taken? Louisville? Surely not the Outdoor Retailer's show.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:21 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
I look right at the size of the bed- 53" x 72"--- would anyone really be ok with that for more than 1 person ( and it's a climb-over to use the head at night.
It would actually be overkill for us. There is always room to spare in our 48" X 72" bed. And we prefer climb-over to slide-out-the-bottom-and-drag-the-covers-with-you.

Choices are a good thing.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:27 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Nice that it has the Ecoboost gas, nice alternative to a diesel Sprinter...

And where are those naysayers who said no one would build on the Transit for a Class B??
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:07 AM   #11
Platinum Member

I wonder how that floor plan will take hold. It is unique, but it raises a few questions:

First, I assume it has a drop-down bed? If not, having just the itty bitty table at the passenger side may not be enough if one person wants to sleep, the other wants to do computer stuff. If it has a drop-down bed, I wonder how low it will go. Hopefully there is some room so a laptop can be kept on the table when the bed is down, as in the Trend.

Second, I wonder if the table is portable or permanent. If the table and the beds could fold out of the way, it would allow the Paseo to have some use as a utility van with easy access out the door. The advantage of the dinette is that one can open the rear doors and have a full view of the outdoors (assuming a screen.)

Third, I hope the mechanism for the bed (if it does drop down) is reliable. I've seen some European ones which are very simple, and all they need is a sling of a handle to get the bed from up to down. Other mechanisms are similar to the Coleman popup trailers, where if one of the steel cables snaps, the entire bed is rendered useless until repaired, and the repair is painstaking to rethread. It needs to be bulletproof, since it would be used at least 600-1000 times a year at least (assuming at least 1-2 cycles a day.)

Overall, I am a tad disappointed in the floorplan. For me, the Travato 59G's floorplan is close to ideal, except for the fact that you have to actively pump the shower pan out and pump the gray water tank to dump it. The 59G offered a place to have one's stuff on a dinette table, and be able to go to bed without having to move things. Although I'm not a fan of RAM/Fiat, I've not heard any major Travato horror stories. Maybe the floorplan will be more useful once there are more pictures of it, but there just seem to be better ones out there that used drop down bed lifts, especially from Safari Condo, and other places.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #12

Where are you all seeing what the bed size is?
And that it will drop down from the ceiling???
meagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #13
Platinum Member

post #3 has an image of the interior lay out. bed is given at 53 x 72, it is a sideways sleeper.

it is the winnebago flex bed system- from the website:

"The Flex Bed System allows you to quickly and easily convert the bedroom or living area spaces into bed configurations that accommodate your sleeping needs. For example, twin beds in the bedroom can be turned into a single queen-size bed. Or, in some floorplans, a sofa and dinette or bench seats and a dining table are easily made into a bed. There’s even a Flex Bed System that converts living area furniture into a lower bunk bed. No matter which Flex Bed System you choose, the sleeping arrangement can be just as easily switched back to its original setup."

I think it is the usual "tetris the cushions into a bed"

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #14
Platinum Member

I hate to say this, as I normally love Winnebago offerings, but I'm not really excited at having to shuffle everything around like that when going between a dinette and sleeping. It reminds me of one of the floor plans of the Thor ACE, which to convert the rear sitting area into the master bedroom required yanking cushions off the walls and with all the stuff that has to be thrown around, eventually things wear out, fasteners get pulled out of the wall, or just break. I am a fan of simple mechanisms, like the flip-down bed in the 59G, or the beds that slide together with a board between them, like the 59K.

The moving of cushions is just fine if taking an occasional guest in a 59G, but for day to day use, it sounds like a hassle.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:59 AM   #15
Platinum Member

I didn't think the Transit had enough width to support a transverse bed. I would guess 72" is the absolute max. So, if you are 6' or taller this is a no-go. I think a lot of folks will "pass" on the "paseo". Besides, we already hated one paseo:
Jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Any couple that would accept a cross sleeping bed with a narrow passage to get out of bed must have strong bladders and also love to flagellate themselves.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:39 PM   #17
Platinum Member

LOL David, this type bed keeps your joints loose having to crawl out, or should I say, fall out.
I've just seen some "not supposed to have been taken" pics of the inside of one of these. Love the interior setup. HUGE 2 door compressor, fridge on top Nova Cool unit with convection microwave above that. Sliding door bath with porcelain toilet that faces forward. Flip out table ala Travato K model at the passenger seat location. The normal WGO class B & C kitchen appliances. Sliding upper cabinet doors ala WGO Fuse. (Wonder if that's a weight saving thing?)
The screen door setup looks kinda funky if indeed what's in the pics is the final design. And the wood used in this one doesn't look like the same material as in their ERA & Travatos. Almost looks like birch?? Like Pleasureway uses. In fact the whole interior looks Pleasurewayish if that makes any sense, mostly because of the window shades. Yeah, looks like they are getting away from those pain in the a** MCD roller shades. I hope!

As said above, the bed looks to be the big "issue" in the whole setup. Have to see in person to make a final determination on that one.

As B vans go, these should be hot rods with that EcoBoost engine with 400 ft lbs of torque. 15 mpg if one stays out of those turbos most of the time...

Old 09-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #18
Platinum Member

I wonder how they handle the power for the big frig?

From the reports we have seen on compressor frigs, they seem to increase pretty linearly with size. The 3cf ones are at a 25-45 amp hours per day, and the 6ish one about double that, so you start talking upwards of 100 amp hours a day. You would need upwards of 400 watts of solar and good sun to cover that use and substantial battery capacity if you wanted to stay put for very long without shore power or good sun, without running a generator.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #19
Platinum Member

According to Nova Cool's website, it's uses 4.4 amp hrs, but only when the compressor is running. Of course that's going to depend on the surrounding temps.
The folks that have the Nova Cool 4.3 cu ft fridge in their Travatos say the compressor might run 20-25 minutes per hour, again depending on surrounding heat and how much it's opened. As in other compressor models, you can pack it tight, so the more that's in it, the less it will run once cold

Old 09-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Wincrasher is supposed to be going to Hershey this month. The Paseo is supposed to be there, so he's getting tons of pics, in, out, over & under