Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ ADVenturist View Post
GP- that is very cool! Who did the lift? DIY? It looks great & works good!
We are having ours done by a small shop in Prescott Valley. Using "Super truck" coil springs in front & "Airlift" bags in rear. Bilstein shocks. Should be finished next week. Anxious to get out & play. It won't be as capable off road as yours, but maybe handle 'washboard' & our rough AZ hiways better.
Great photos too.
Happy Overlanding! Ric.
Sorry I missed this first time around, Four Wheeler Supply in Phoenix did the lift and Weldtec Design provided the 3" lift spindles, coil spacers and Fox shocks. Valley Spring in Phoenix did the rework on the rear springs. Airing down your tires really helps also on the washboards! Post a pic when you get done, always nice to see the AZ vans!
GpnAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog View Post
GpnAZ,
What leaf spring changes did you make to the rear?

I had a progressive spring pack made, unfortunately the way the waste tanks wrapped around the front of the left spring pack they still had to use a 2" block for the height. It drives great on the highways and not bad on washboards. I also added a Hellwig rear stabilizer bar.

Do you have any idea what your front and rear weight is?

I am out of town right now so I don't have the weight slip but will let you know after I get back.

Last question: Is your rear axle a semi-float or a full-float design?

Semi-float

You use your van the same way we do, and we still need to finish the rear suspension.
I'm really happy with the way the van drives now, I feel better then when it was stock!
Old 02-22-2018, 02:06 AM   #23

Default van weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog View Post
GpnAZ,

Do you have any idea what your front and rear weight is?

Rear weight is 4,680 lb and front weight is 3,600 lb - total is 8,280 lbs.

You use your van the same way we do, and we still need to finish the rear suspension.
The weight given was before any mods, I will have to weigh again as I'm sure the rear weight has increased some, maybe another 50-75 lbs. Hope this helps!
Old 05-04-2021, 01:20 AM   #24

Wow. Awesome job! We have a 2012 Airstream Avenue and after backroading/boondocking this weekend, I’ve also considered getting a lift. For those that have done it, what’s the price estimate for that?
4E fam is offline   Reply With Quote