Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Boat furnace n LED lighting

This young man has some interesting videos
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Boat furnace n LED lighting

Better video of furnace.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:05 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Stan,

That's kind of cool. I don't know I would want to give up space in a B for it. A logical spot in many Bs would be the spot where they usually put the third captain passenger seat. I'd trade that in an instant but I don't have the third seat. I'll just have to put up watching my DVD on TV of a burning Yule fire.

It has been some years but I remember a guy once remodeled an Airstream trailer and put in a wood-burning fireplace.

Here is that propane fireplace website: http://www.dickinsonmarine.com/Specshee ... 2-2008.pdf He used the P9000 unit.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:03 AM   #4
Platinum Member

First, great videos and this heater would create a beautiful atmosphere in a RV or Cargo Van. Where it goes wrong is the amount of space you loose even in a midsize RV.
I just wonder what the benefits are over the Propex heater. Also propane driven, maybe a little less in btu's, but smaller and able to be installed underfloor. Priced very similar.

Van Williams

CargoVanConversion.com
cargovanconversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Propex heaters are very popular with the Sortsmobile crowd.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #6
Bronze Member

I just discovered Justin's page on youtube about two months ago by accident and im hooked, only because he seems to know his Class B's. I will admit that his LED lighting and Marine Fireplace are a nice touch. He answers questions from viewers who wish to know more about Urban Camping and the basics of the Xplorer 230 XLW. He is making a soild case for getting or finding a 98-03 Dodge Xplorer. In short, i watch his vid's to hopefully educate myself a little more before diving in and buying one.
Bugsy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Justin is very entertaining. Hopefully he'll feature his stripper friends in future videos. I'm sure their comments will be interesting.

The fireplace is neat, but I wonder what the LP consumption on it is.

I also enjoy the youtubes of Nomadic Fanatic. That boy is so stupid, and without good judgement, you never know what kind of dumbass thing he will do next. It's kinda like watching a train wreck.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw909
Propex heaters are very popular with the Sortsmobile crowd.
I'm dreaming of putting a HS2211 in mine.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #9
Bronze Member

" I also enjoy the youtubes of Nomadic Fanatic. That boy is so stupid, and without good judgement, you never know what kind of dumbass thing he will do next. It's kinda like watching a train wreck." ( spits out my drink ) ROTFLMAO!!! I thought i was the only one who was shaking my head from watching him and thinking Jax ( his cat ) would somehow claw him a new brain, ~ Justin and Mark ( Happily Houseless ) are good tv, but Eric is in league with Jethro ( B.Hillbillys )
Old 04-11-2015, 02:21 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy White
" I also enjoy the youtubes of Nomadic Fanatic. That boy is so stupid, and without good judgement, you never know what kind of dumbass thing he will do next. It's kinda like watching a train wreck." ( spits out my drink ) ROTFLMAO!!! I thought i was the only one who was shaking my head from watching him and thinking Jax ( his cat ) would somehow claw him a new brain, ~ Justin and Mark ( Happily Houseless ) are good tv, but Eric is in league with Jethro ( B.Hillbillys )
Now before people get upset with me for saying that, let me be clear - Eric is a very likable character and his videos are put together very well. I like watching them very much. I just think his antics, mostly thru doing dumb things, make it compelling to watch. He certainly has alot of haters in his comments section - trying to portray him as some kind of scoundrel. You won't find any from me on his channel.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #11
Platinum Member

I agree that he's a bit of a "Jethro" but one thing about Eric that I like is his ability to admit his errors. For instance, in his current video he talks about the problem he has encountered with not being able to access the control knob to his stove when his side door is closed. Some one with a little more forthought would have seen the issue before hacking up thier countertop but not Eric. Even now he could simply remove the door altogether and the problem would be solved, but he does admit he screwed up for thousands to see.Hopefully he will become wiser before something really bad happens but there isn't much drama if everything is perfect.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #12
Bronze Member

I agree with both of you ( Wincrasher and Stan ) I think the day i posted that comment is the day i saw the vid he uploaded as to what he did outside the Walmart 0_0 and then he pulled the vid because everyone was suggesting that he will get Walmart upset and it might cos trouble for other RV'rs ( good point!)...I will give Eric credit for having the balls to take the plunge and get the rv, ditch the house and go on the road and actually see the sites, travel across states and he seems like a harmless dude..i stay out of the comments , i watch him, Justin, Mark, Xplorer Steve, Wanderlust, and a few others, just so i can get a basic training and helpful hints of What-not-to-do & what-to-do before i buy mine. I apologize if i came off being judgmental, YT is my tv since i stop paying for cable ( savings )