Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 03:17 AM   #1

Default Can a 2015 3-point seat be shaped into 2020 Travato?

I'm a newbie looking to buy a class B. The Travatos look like a good fit. The newer post 2017 Travatos have nice features but the 2015 version appear to have 3 point seat belts for the second row passengers. The newer versions don't seem to have the shoulder strap any more, just lap belt.

I have 2 kids, and my wife worries about safety, so I was wondering if it would be possible to take a 2015 seat and put it in a newer Travato for the best of both worlds.

Not sure why they would get rid of the 3 point belts anyway, you'd think they would want to keep safety up.

If not, then if people have other vehicle such, I'm all ears.
Nnhgew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:58 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You can always go to a auto parts yard and purchase 3 point seat belts from other vehicles and install them. You just need to find secure attachment points.
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:21 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnhgew View Post
why they would get rid of the 3 point belts anyway, you'd think they would want to keep safety up

possible the old 3 point scheme either cost .75¢ more, or didn't meet regulations/pass testing ( which has occurred with roadtrek/hymer)

Having owned many old cars, retro-fitting seatbelts ( never mind 3 point) is not always easy ( seatbelts were optional or not available before 1968 Federal mandate [ thanks Ralph])

Not a bad idea to swap in a seat with integral 3rd point- IF the vehicle mounts also work.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #4
Platinum Member

If we're talking about the G model Travato, the three point harness mounting frame was eliminated to make room for the Truma Combi water heater/furnace.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safety, seat belt, travato