Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Cargo net mod rear class B upper cabinets

I recently added a rear cargo net on my upper rear cabinets that is handy for storing bedding pillows during the day and a shelf throwing your day clothing in overnight for easy access the next morning.

Very easy mod to do. I installed 4 boat fittings under cabinets and a zip tie ‘ring’ off the air conditioner to hold the elastised cargo net. The cargo net came from an Arctic Cat ATV dealer (18x36 @ $20) and boat fitting from general hardware store (about $6 with short screws). Mod has been working out extremely well, so much so I may put a second cargo net over the drivers seat for soft items like insulated windows blinds.

The whole net sits back far enought that it doesn’t interfere when sitting or standing in back of van during the day time.

See pictures:
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:51 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Looks good.

Your a/c cowl must be more substantial than the one I have. I'm not sure there is anything I could or would want to attach to.

Glad to see you're making use of your down time this cold Winter to make some mods.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #3
Platinum Member

My a/c just happens to have a cover bolt right in the middle at the rear between the two vent swivels that I was able to route the zip tie around not interefereing with the vents. The zip tie doesn’t really hold very much weight if any but just lifts the net enough that nothing falls out when braking.
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:33 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I just discovered those boat loops quite recently. They have a thousand uses. Strapworks is a good source of them.

Your net is similar to my headliner gear sling / loft. I opted to use ripstop rather than netting because I was afraid the netting would sag down too much over time.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cargo net, easy modification, storage