Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2022, 01:20 AM   #1

Default Extra Sewer Hose Storage

I have a Coachmen Nova 20RB Li3. I added a sewer hose storage tube under the RV attached to the underside of the running board. There were already mounting holes on the storage tube. I had to drill a few holes in the supporting brackets for the running board. This gives me an extra 10' of hose and it has come in handy in a recent trip to Tennessee. The storage unit cost $55.00 on Amazon. It is easy to get to and it is out of the way (see photo).

Joe
2022 Coachmen Nova 20RB Li3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sewer hose.jpg (212.2 KB, 62 views)
JoeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
I have a Coachmen Nova 20RB Li3. I added a sewer hose storage tube under the RV attached to the underside of the running board. There were already mounting holes on the storage tube. I had to drill a few holes in the supporting brackets for the running board. This gives me an extra 10' of hose and it has come in handy in a recent trip to Tennessee. The storage unit cost $55.00 on Amazon. It is easy to get to and it is out of the way (see photo).

Joe
2022 Coachmen Nova 20RB Li3
Great idea, thanks for the information
Layton100@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 08:30 PM   #3

What size tube did your Nova come with and what size hose do you store in that? Our new 20C has a tube that only has 29" depth, and we are looking for a better solution. Mounting under the running board is a great idea!
bapitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 08:48 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapitner View Post
we are looking for a better solution.

Look for something where you can leave the fittings on the the hose- the less you have to handle it, the happier you will be.

I have a plastic tub about 18 x 10" and 6" high- the "stinky slinky" and fittings fits in that and I have a side storage compartment it will fit in.

My van came with a tube thing to store the hose, but only with the fittings ( the bayonet mount to the van discharge & the right angle into the dump) removed
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 01:10 AM   #5

Default Sewer Hose Storage

I have the same size storage tube you have. It was tough finding a 10 foot sewer hose to fit in that compartment. I eventually found one by Camco at Amazon. The storage tube is Valterra A04-5094BK RV Adjustable EZ Hose Carrier with Lockable Door Cap also from Amazon. It was easy to mount to the existing frame for the running board. I have one 10 foot hose in the existing storage compartment and another 10 footer in the tube under the running board. It has come in handy and several occasions where hookups were just a little too far for the 10 foot hose alone. I store the plastic elbows in a small plastic tub next to the toilet. I recently replaced the covers on the dump valves with ones that have handles on them for easy removal. Coachmen is now doing that on their new vans.
JoeM is offline   Reply With Quote