Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2020, 01:30 PM   #1

Default FINALLY - Quality 2" Front Lift Spacers for Chevy

I purchased these CNC Aircraft Aluminum 2 inch Leveling Spacers from Weldtec.

Professional Installation cost for my 2005 RT 210 P along with new Bilstein shocks and alignment was $200.

Stock springs and front end - nice lift - minimal alignment adjustment.

Love the ride, handling, additional clearance, and now matching height with rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_391c.jpg (325.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_391e.jpg (234.9 KB, 41 views)
BoiseAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:15 AM   #2
Gold Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAndy View Post
I purchased these CNC Aircraft Aluminum 2 inch Leveling Spacers from Weldtec.

Professional Installation cost for my 2005 RT 210 P along with new Bilstein shocks and alignment was $200.

Stock springs and front end - nice lift - minimal alignment adjustment.

Love the ride, handling, additional clearance, and now matching height with rear.

Good info what did you do to the rear for lift?
Moto Metal M970 16x8
Buc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:45 PM   #3

My RT 210 P came with 2' blocks installed in the rear. I read somewhere that RT installed them at the factory when new? Otherwise the last (original) owner installed them.
BoiseAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:49 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAndy View Post
My RT 210 P came with 2' blocks installed in the rear. I read somewhere that RT installed them at the factory when new? Otherwise the last (original) owner installed them.

Roadtrek did use the 2" blocks in the rear on 210s to compensate for the very low height they have from the rear weight they carry compared to a 170 or 190. The block location doesn't unload the springs at so they nearly always heavily on the overload leafs which can cause a harsh ride and/pitching on bumps.

I think the first aluminum 2" front spacers showed up a few years ago for he vans at another manufacturer and certainly will work. I was looking at them to see if the could be cut to less lift and combining that with a slightly stiffer spring as I think the originals are a bit soft. We know have apparently lost being able to use the Moog springs get 2" as they are giving more like 3-4" which IMO is a bit much for the front geometry with a spring lift, so I am sure we will see more people using the blocks in the front with stock springs.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:53 PM   #5
Gold Member

Booster

I will be following carefully to see what you and others may come up with. As of right now I leaning toward 2" spacers for front and back springs, but not going to do anything till it gets warmer in the spring as my RT will not fit in my garage.
Moto Metal M970 16x8
Buc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:31 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Has anyone used the yellow (heavy duty) Sumosprings on the rear and how did that affect ride quality and height?

I ask because the Sumosprings look like they would add 2" of rear lift. If installed on the rear of my Chevy 3500, the rear suspension would be sitting on them at all times, but I don't know if they'd sit at full height (the aforementioned 2" higher than currently) or compress. And if they were strong enough to maintain the 2" height at rest, would they make the ride very harsh by not allowing enough travel.

Edit: jamesv999, how are your results?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:37 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Has anyone used the yellow (heavy duty) Sumosprings on the rear and how did that affect ride quality and height?

I ask because the Sumosprings look like they would add 2" of rear lift. If installed on the rear of my Chevy 3500, the rear suspension would be sitting on them at all times, but I don't know if they'd sit at full height (the aforementioned 2" higher than currently) or compress. And if they were strong enough to maintain the 2" height at rest, would they make the ride very harsh by not allowing enough travel.

In general, the urethane springs like the Sumo tend to be stiffer than airbags would be, but might be less stiff than the Chevy that sits on the very stiff overload leaf. I think someone on the forum put some on a while ago, but I don't recall who. Personally, I don't care much for using the urethane as active overloads. Good as non active, overtravel, type though as they tend to very progressive in spring rate.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Just a word of caution about lifting the rear of a Roadtrek and not the front. The air conditioner bay will leak into the van if the van is pitched nose down too much.
rtbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:33 PM   #9

This is similar to the solution I went with, i.e., Bilsteins, SumoSprings and 2" front lift spacers. We continue to be very happy with the results.

I posted the full write-up here:
https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...90p-11245.html
jamesv999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:36 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbill View Post
Just a word of caution about lifting the rear of a Roadtrek and not the front. The air conditioner bay will leak into the van if the van is pitched nose down too much.
Correct about the A/C I have an 08 Chevy Pleasure-way. No mods here and rides just fine. I did remove the 200 pound spare tire and steel support hanging on the door. All JMO, but I have a cell phone, towing insurance, Michelin tires and stay on grid, so I'll roll the dice.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote