Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2020, 09:06 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Foglights on a Dodge (Pleasure Way Excel RD)

On my 2000 Pleasure Way Excel Rd the odometer and radio/clock readouts are green LED that automatically dim when you turn on the headlights. The idea is it won't be too bright for night driving. However I like to turn my headlights on while driving during the day so that others can see me better. Combine the dimmed readouts with sunglasses and I can't even see them.

So I wanted some lights I could switch on to be more visible without dimming the dash readouts. I found these foglights on Amazon as well as the rocker switch. The plastic vent inserts in the bumper are held in with three tabs along the top. The vents can be removed by gently pushing down on the tabs with a flat blade screwdriver while pulling them out. To reinstall, fit the groove in the bottom of the vent to the bumper opening and then push the top in until the tabs click into place.

I used a box cutter (use what you have!) to remove one of the vertical fins in the vent so that the light would fit inside. I wired the lights to a hot lead I found under the dash and wired in an inline fuse holder. I have a 5 amp fuse installed. The switch is mounted next to the headlight switch and has a double stick adhesive pad.

Simple mod. In case anyone has the same idea. This is how I did it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VentMod.jpg (213.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg LiteInVent.jpg (210.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg LitesInstalled.jpg (299.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 4-NewLightSwitch.jpg (165.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 3-NewLightsOn.jpg (157.7 KB, 7 views)
RV-there-yet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Looks like a factory fit. Show us what they look like when they're on!
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Default Lights on

Here's one I took before reinstalling the grille. I took the grille out to facilitate installation and wiring. Easy to do. About 8 screws and it just come off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LightsOn.jpg (274.4 KB, 9 views)
RV-there-yet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:06 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Another great & classy, Class B work around.

Together we can get to the Moon ...

Now all we have to discover is a 100% solution to people who text when driving ...
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote