Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Froli Star Bed System

Hi,

I just purchased a froli star system that I am going to install in my 2000 Chinook Concourse. I will remove the couch and make a bed platform, install the star system and put a mattress on top.

My question is specifically about the Travato. What kind of matress do they use on top of the froli system?
Is it just foam covered in fabric?
I am a bit lost trying to find a 32-34" x 75" ish mattress for my planned system. I will have a tiltable head rest, so it needs to be flexible. Any ideas where I should look?

Thanks,

JP
eurovanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:27 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurovanman View Post
Hi,

I just purchased a froli star system that I am going to install in my 2000 Chinook Concourse. I will remove the couch and make a bed platform, install the star system and put a mattress on top.

My question is specifically about the Travato. What kind of matress do they use on top of the froli system?
Is it just foam covered in fabric?
I am a bit lost trying to find a 32-34" x 75" ish mattress for my planned system. I will have a tiltable head rest, so it needs to be flexible. Any ideas where I should look?

Thanks,

JP
There are several marine mattress companies that will make you anything you want for shape and thickness, with or without hinges.

If you can go without hinges, Minnesota Mattress will make a custom foam one to your size and shaped. I don't think they are doing hinges yet, but we hope to see them at the Mpls RV show this week. We got our home latex mattress from them. Great folks to deal with and will save a bunch over the marine mattress guys.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:24 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks booster. I don't think a hinge is necessary as it just needs to be a little flexible like most rv mattresses. I am leaning towards this one. Parklane RV - The Explorer RV Innerspring Mattress

Comes shipped rolled which leads me to believe it will be flexible enough for the 8 or so inches of tilt I plan.
eurovanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Comes shipped rolled which leads me to believe it will be flexible enough for the 8 or so inches of tilt I plan.
Watch out for cheap foam that doesn't have a reasonable warranty. I bought a 3" thick piece of memory foam to use on top of a mattress. It came tightly rolled up but as soon as the 90 day warranty ran out, it started developing cracks in places where it had flexed and bent. Eventually, it self-destructed and ended up in pieces. I think that it somehow hardened slightly over time and became less and less flexible.
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I'm waiting for the Chinese to do a Froli knock off. I priced for or van $350.00. Yikes !
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I sprung for the latex mattress instead. A lot heavier but very comfortable.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Default Froli install

I installed the Froli system on our platform bed. Expensive, indeed, especially when adding the Canadian tax and international shipping costs. Outstanding comfort with our memory foam mattress and most of all, less condensation in hot weather.

Left them loose so I can roll the whole thing when I need to work in that area. I used the red stiffeners everywhere and the tighter spacing. It is perfect for our usage.

The Spring Time! album at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2388992&type=3

GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:14 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Quote:
Thanks booster. I don't think a hinge is necessary as it just needs to be a little flexible like most rv mattresses. I am leaning towards this one. Parklane RV - The Explorer RV Innerspring Mattress

Let us know how the Parklane mattress works, if you decide to go that route. We purchased a Parklane pillowtop for our home bed and love it.
Suza is offline   Reply With Quote