Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default FYI soundproofing cab doors Promaster

Finished soundproofing the cab doors, pretty straightforward job.
Found that 8mm Sound Proofing Insulation Deadener Mat, (just adhesive backed neoprene ) is the best size to cover the door under the panel.
I tried 10mm but it was too thick. I used the 10mm to fill in the backside of the plastic door panel. Makes quite a improvement and makes your speakers sound better. Also, each door requires about 2 sq ft of the rubber deadining mat stuff and about 8 sq ft of the neoprene stuff.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:11 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Some photos would be appreciated.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I cut 4"x4" squares or smaller of sound mat, butyl aluminum covered stuff and applied to door while knocking on the outside, doubling where needed. I also installed it to any flat areas on the opposite side, inside of the door.
The adhesive neoprene was installed by covering the interior of the door panel and adding extra layers where there was no interference. (Good place to use your scraps) the more you can get in the better the results.
Then using the vapor barrier as a template, cutout a duplicate 1" removed from the perimeter so the door panel will seat back in place.
The lower panel I fitted the foam in each cell of the the web structure, quite tedious.
I also lined the bottom bin so stuff doesn't rattle.
It is well worth doing, figure on 6 hours to do both doors.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Popped off the triangular trim pieces on the door windows. I added some sound mat, neoprene and covered the holes. The tend to rattle when you close the door.