Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2021, 08:07 PM   #1

Default GAME CHANGING RT 210p BED MODIFICATION

I am 68 and single and travel with two medium sized dogs. The SINGLE biggest issue and "buzz killer" when camping and traveling was the 2005 RT 210P bed. Either two twins or a "filler" process to make a queen.

The queen was a fine size - but getting in and out (several times a night) was horrid. Making the bed a true bother. Leaving the queen "made" meant that you LOST the floor aisle and had to crawl into the back to get to overhead storage, lift up cushions for under bed storage, open and close windows and curtains etc.

My solution was to build a spacer support so that the passenger side bed is now a "full size" bed (using the standard RT cushions) and the drivers side remains a single couch. CHANGED EVERYTHING! With a 1/2 aisle I can now access the back - including ALL storage and leave the beds made up! The new "full" bed is plenty large and comfortable - you do not even sleep on a crack!

Added bonuses are that I made an access door (front and side) so that the spacer support has nice long storage. The dirty and wet camping dogs now have their own bed at night leaving my bed cozy and clean for the entire trip.

With a lagun table (which does not have to be stored like the standard table) the back area is now fully functional as beds AND as couches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3a1a.jpg (189.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3a19.jpg (203.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3a18.jpg (191.4 KB, 44 views)
BoiseAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Good solution, thinking outside of the box (pun?).
I went a different route as the passenger side was to short for me. Although, your solution would work for either side.

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...-bed-5823.html
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:16 AM   #3

Great idea!
JENinATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, couch, road trek, storage modification