Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2016, 11:09 PM   #21

See you're in Colorado. Check out Boulder Offroad in Lafayette. They install roof racks with ladders on f'glass roofs among other things. Take a look at their website. Lots of ideas there.
Mycopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:42 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Misadventure - you said you wanted swivel seat bases. Trying to find them in an older van might be possible. You would have to check out junk yards near you. They are available as I found in a quick search.
Dodge Van Bases - Van Seat Bases - VAN SEATS

Don't know your budget, but at $170 each they aren't too bad.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:54 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Misadventure - you may want to also check out this thread about front seat swivels on the Cheaprvliving forum.
Swivel seat for front passenger captain chair - Question please regarding airbag safety

I have factory swivels on my Sprinter front seats so it can be done without disabling the air bags. You just have to be sure there is enough wire under the seat to allow it to swivel freely.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #24
Platinum Member

I have a carrier for a Honda trail 90.
My spare is mounted on the rear door, I have to use a 12" extender on the hitch so the bike clears.
It rides well and some extra stuff could probably be attached back there.
the trail 90 allows the bars to be turned 90º

scooters or any bike with a rear weight bias can be a problem on carriers- breaking the aluminum ones...you'll see lots of cracked harbor freight carriers on craigslist because of scooters.
the honda 90/110 is well balanced- stock has USFS approved muffler (spark arrest) and parts/service are easy to get.
expect to pay $1400+ for one that is worth having. they'll top out just over 40 mph.
michelin gazelle moped tires are great for street use on these.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:31 AM   #25

Haha Davyyd, well if it was a Vikings fan they won't be to happy about the game today! The purple was scary and we're glad it's gone!

So far some of the remodel decisions include:
Maxx Air Fan
Vinyl sheet flooring ( easy to install and clean)
Wood cabinets for storage( girlfriends dad is a carpenter so they should be pretty sweet)
Wallpaper or painted walls for bedroom/dining area
A lot of copper accents in the kitchen

Few things we're still deciding on:
How to do Bed set up (we need room at foot of bed to get into bathroom so maybe a removable table so it can be a converted dining area?)
Storage options (leaning towards small trailer for simplicity and able to lock gear up)
The loft area above cab ( any cool ideas out there would be much appreciated!!)
Misadventure Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:35 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
I have a carrier for a Honda trail 90.
My spare is mounted on the rear door, I have to use a 12" extender on the hitch so the bike clears.
It rides well and some extra stuff could probably be attached back there.
the trail 90 allows the bars to be turned 90º

scooters or any bike with a rear weight bias can be a problem on carriers- breaking the aluminum ones...you'll see lots of cracked harbor freight carriers on craigslist because of scooters.
the honda 90/110 is well balanced- stock has USFS approved muffler (spark arrest) and parts/service are easy to get.
expect to pay $1400+ for one that is worth having. they'll top out just over 40 mph.
michelin gazelle moped tires are great for street use on these.

Mike
Thanks for the info Mike! I've been trying to find a good bike that'll get us around when we need to make quick trips to the store or job. The Honda trail 90 could be perfect! I'm guessing it can be licensed for street use if you say there are good street tires for em?
Misadventure Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #27
Bronze Member

I just put down some Shaw resilient vinyl plank flooring in my rig. Like yours, it had some gross purple shag stuff in there before. I ended up having to rip out the entire plywood subfloor and replace it with some 3/4" treated plywood with a 1/4" lauan plywood underlayment over that before I felt comfortable putting down the vinyl. You can see some pics below. The second picture is actually the first in the series; you can see what awful shape my subfloor was in. That's after I removed the shower pan and the existing vinyl sheet.

People swear by Trafficmaster by Allure as well for flooring; I went with Shaw because...well, I don't really know. It's just what I picked up at the hardware store. Seems to work fine.

As for storage options, I'm planning on putting down the money for a SwingAway hitch. I need all the storage I can get for rock and ice climbing gear inside the rig, and I'll need to store it under the bed in the back with a slide-out drawer, so it makes the most sense for me to be able to swing the hitch mounted box aside, open the door, and slide out my climbing gear drawer. Your needs may vary; the SwingAway is an expensive option.

Note when you're shopping for hitch-mounted stuff that a lot of what you'll see is designed and rated for power wheelchairs. Someone else may have more experience with that hardware, but my research indicates that it is not strong enough for the kind of storage you'll want mounted on your Class B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160104_221153.jpg (118.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20151231_163157.jpg (157.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20160107_231933.jpg (113.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20160110_184156.jpg (145.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20160110_225428.jpg (135.7 KB, 1 views)
Straylight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, fiberglass, rack, roof, swivel