Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
Ron
Platinum Member

Default Honda EU-2000i-Storage/Cargo Tray & Container

Have a 2002 RoadTrek 190 Popular with the door mounted spare tire, when I ordered my RT ordered without the generator, I do have both a EU-1000i as well as a EU-2000i generator, do use the EU-2000i with the RT.

The EU-2000i does operate the House air conditioner, and the microwave, though not at the same time, as well as the lights, and TV at the same time, I am also able to run a small 900 watt Ceramic Heater.

When transporting the EU-2000i if I want I am able to place it securely behind the drivers seat, there is no odor of gasoline, depending on the amount of fuel in the EU-2000i I will drain the fuel.

I also purchased a Lund: "Do-It-Yourself" Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier Kit and the Lund Aluminum Cargo Tray, as well as a Contico Pro Tuff Bin, model 3725, which can be purchased at Lowes, Item #: 91573, has a lock on it.

The EU-2000i can be transported in the Pro Tuff Bin as well as other items, I do use a 7 inch Hitch Extender because of the spare tire mounted on the rear door.

I was wondering if there is a Swing Away Hitch that I could connect my Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier Kit, Tray, and Pro Tuff Bin on.

Read a post from Sizzy, on RV.NET, and being in touch with Kathy she has a Swing Away Hitch Hauler which she carries her EU-2000i on as well as a smaller Bin Container, I already have a Carrier/Tray, and which is a smaller size.

My Aluminum Cargo Tray is approximately 36 inches long, by approximately 20 inches wide as compared to the Hitch Cargo Carriers which are 60 inches long by 20 inches wide.

Ron

Photos of my Storage/Cargo Tray & Container:

FMCA:303873 ~K1RRC~ RRRCRT@aol.com
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:06 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Great post Ron. Nice job on the carrier.

I've been looking for a swing away mount also but haven't found anything. They all seem to come with carriers.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: Honda EU-2000i-Storage/Cargo Tray & Container

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
.........I was wondering if there is a Swing Away Hitch that I could connect my Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier Kit, Tray, and Pro Tuff Bin on.................
I'm using slides on mine Ron. Maybe that would work for you also. Same company sells 36" slides. Instead on sliding back, maybe it could slide to the side. The hitch and cargo carrier would have to strong enough though and the slides would be really expensive.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Hi Ron,
What is that - vinyl siding inside your garage? I never saw that done before. Looks nice! It should clean easily. My only concern would be the flame spread and smoke index in case of fire.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:30 AM   #5
Ron
Platinum Member

rv-n-agin,

Yes it is vinyl siding, it is my understanding that vinyl siding will melt when exposed to a significant source of flame or heat, if it catches fire.

It has a lower flame rate it will resist ignition much longer than most materials, which could serve to slow or even stop the spread of a fire.

There also is some type of material inside the walls as a fire precaution, the garage is approximately 35 feet deep, also keep in the same garage an enclosed 5x10 Haulmark trailer which stands behind my RoadTrek.

I do have several outlets with Cable for TV as well as phone jacks, and several electrical outlets along the walls, as you can see in one of the photo's.

The grandkids like to see TV in the RoadTrek when the RT is in the garage, so I hook up the RT to the Cable outlet, they can either see Cable TV or a video in the RT.

I do pressure wash the walls as well as the ceiling every summer.
FMCA:303873 ~K1RRC~ RRRCRT@aol.com
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote