Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2018, 03:04 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Lagun Table

All major items knocked off the final to do list. We didn’t have a table for the front seats, now we have. Easy to store, erect and it swivels for an easy access. Lagun is a high-quality table stand. The table size was a tradeoff between maximum size and easy storage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GR170878.jpg (314.1 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg GR170881.jpg (285.1 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg GR170882.jpg (260.4 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg GR170885.jpg (369.4 KB, 193 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:37 AM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

+1

Nice work.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:28 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Very neat. In it's stored position, is it detached or does it fold that much?

I've been ogling that lovely curtain fabric at JoAnne's. Your cabinets are so cool.
Saldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:34 PM   #4
Platinum Member

When I purchased the Lagun Table mounts for our new vehicle the best price was from the UK with pretty quick delivery to the US.

https://www.marineteak.co.uk/lagun-a...ing-system-331
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saldar View Post
Very neat. In it's stored position, is it detached or does it fold that much?

I've been ogling that lovely curtain fabric at JoAnne's. Your cabinets are so cool.
Thera are 2 possible storing positions:

1. The permanent mount with the leg attached / the detached table top with the attached arm
2. The permanent mount / the detached table top with the attached leg and the arm.

I didn’t decide yet, leaving the leg in place would make deployment a little faster. I still need to attach some brackets for a strap to keep the table top tight at its storage place.

We like our curtains a lot, they add life to greyness of the MB grey, aluminum, and grey cabinetry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GR170885e.jpg (175.8 KB, 99 views)
Old 02-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
When I purchased the Lagun Table mounts for our new vehicle the best price was from the UK with pretty quick delivery to the US.

https://www.marineteak.co.uk/lagun-a...ing-system-331
We got the Lagun table mount from the same place. I had a self-induced shipping issue due to signature requirement and they were able to resolve it, great company to deal with.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Advanced RV has been installing Lagun tables for a few years now for many of their customers. I have two Lagun tables in my proposed next B but am still undecided on them because I probably don't need the versatility they have in my particular design. They are cool products.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #8

Default Lagun table mount

I installed one last season. It has worked out great in our Travato. Very versatile as dinning table and snack table, etc. and stores easily above the drivers area at night when we make up the beds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170427_192936.jpg (160.3 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg 20170604_133730.jpg (141.0 KB, 118 views)
Robert Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:17 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Thera are 2 possible storing positions:
We like our curtains a lot, they add life to greyness of the MB grey, aluminum, and grey cabinetry.
I don't call that grey. I call that calm. There is so much stuffed into a van smoothing things out inside makes it more peaceful. You did such a nice job. Did you use a computerized router?
Saldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:32 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saldar View Post
I don't call that grey. I call that calm. There is so much stuffed into a van smoothing things out inside makes it more peaceful. You did such a nice job. Did you use a computerized router?
Thank you. Most of machining for aluminum extrusion was done in 80/20 factory and for HDPE plastic in the CNC shop. For straight cuts for fill panels or sliding doors I used my table saw at home.

The door latches cutouts are not really possible with woodworking tools.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Holding strap done, 2 buckles, one for quick disconnect and one for tightening. the table is out of the way and I still have room for gadgets behind the driver seat. Little details like that make life easier on the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GR140896.jpg (124.3 KB, 81 views)
Old 03-10-2018, 02:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Holding strap done, 2 buckles, one for quick disconnect and one for tightening. the table is out of the way and I still have room for gadgets behind the driver seat. Little details like that make life easier on the road.
What did you use for the table top? Looks nice.
dttocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:40 AM   #13
Platinum Member

We used one of these folding teak table tops with a Lagun mount in our new truck...

https://www.svb24.com/en/roca-foldab...-tabletop.html
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:43 AM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dttocs View Post
What did you use for the table top? Looks nice.
HDPE – High Density Poly Ethylene. The same staff cutting boards are made from. It is used often in the marine industry replacing teak. It is immune to UV, machining can be done with woodworking tools including high speed routers. Most of my cabinetry HDPE was done on CNC but this table top I cut using table saw and finished the edges with a router.

I used Mercury Grey color Seaboard by Vycom. Another popular brand is King Starboard but surface is easier to scratch.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #15
Platinum Member

I've joined the ranks of the Lagun table owners. I give the Lagun mounting system 5 out of 5 stars for quality of build (top notch materials), and maybe 3 out of 5 stars for quality of engineering. I think the latter could be substantially improved upon, but I'm not sure that the market would support a more elaborate product (I certainly would buy it, but how many others would?).

The main limitation is the need to vault the bracket out from whatever vertical surface it is to be mounted on, in order to achieve clearance. This becomes particularly important if the elbow has the potential to contact the vertical surface, vs. simply presenting above it in an unrestricted air space (blog post here on how I fashioned an adapter). But even with that, it's a good product.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #16
Platinum Member

That was a terrific write-up, Interblog! Loved your thought process and the detailed information. Not that I'm going to install one of these - I just like reading about it on your blog!
Old 04-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Nice installation. I had to built up the Lagun mount base as well and chose 2 x ˝” HDPE shims for the post to clear the galley’s countertop. The thickness of this base could vary a lot from one to another installation and it could add to the cost. Some folks would prefer wood some black or like myself grey HDPE, likely too expensive to accommodate all customers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GR170884a.jpg (241.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 05-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #19
Platinum Member

Last night I finished revising my table top which, as I stated above, is configured to accept both the OEM pedestal legs for use in the van rear, and also be used with our new Lagun mount at the front of the van.

The Lagun use in particular inspired me to go back and round the corners. I should have done this initially, but it became more important with a mobile table top that was swiveling here and there (the sharp corners were hooking on things). So this job required a jigsaw in the capable hands of my husband, and then it took me about two hours to re-bind the edge of the aluminum sheet using belt webbing and tapestry floss.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Very nice work, is this your idea to use webbing on the edge?, very innovative. How thick is the perforated aluminum top?