My Roadtrek came without an awning. I thought an awning would be a good idea. I thought a $1000 awning was a bad idea. My solution?
- 4 aluminum (electrical conduit from Home Depot) poles @ $2.85 each
- 2 1/4" X20 carriage bolts @ .15
- 2 1/2" dowel plugs ... (scrap laying around)
- 4 Airhead suction cups @ $4.95
- 1 Heavy duty UV resistant boat tarp ($19)
- 2 fender washers (.40)
- 2 cord thimbles (.85)
- 2 tent stakes (spares from RV)
- 2 hitch pins (.95)
- 2 wing nuts to secure cord assembly to rods
- parachute cord ( spare from tool box)
It rolls up in a VERY compact package and fits in my driver side lower external compartment. Weighs less than 10 pounds. ..... eat your heart out Fiamma!