Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Power window modification 2006 Roadtrek RSA

The driver's side power window stopped working after installation of a weathertech window vent. When I would try to raise or lower the window, it would just click. I took the door apart and found what appeared to be a SPAL 3300-0030, which has been discontinued, power window unit. Everything in the unit worked until it came to the two adapters (3301-0143 and 3301-0155) which weren't properly engaging. I found a broken tooth on the secondary adaptor. I ended up encasing the two adapters with a hose clamp to keep them from deforming while I tapped the screw in, then heated a sheet metal screw to melt/tap the platic adapters and formed a new "tooth" to mesh the adapters together. I removed the hose clamp, re-assembled the unit, and tested the up/down window operation several times. Worked quite well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0311.jpg (161.1 KB, 20 views)
Moonmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:50 PM   #2
Platinum Member

By RSA do you mean the RS Adventurous? I have this year and model (Sprinter Chassis) and this pic does not resemble my window regulator. I had an issue with the plastic travel block disintegrating. Fortunately, a company came up with a brass replacement.

I detailed the repair in another thread which contains info on obtaining the replacement blocks.

Sprinter Window Issue - Track Bushing - Class B Forums
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0108191002.jpg (209.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 0108191012.jpg (247.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 0108191023_HDR.jpg (421.2 KB, 4 views)
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:31 PM   #3
Silver Member

Yes, RS Adventurous, 2006. Yours looks like a stock Mercedes/Dodge power window unit...which mine did not come with. The build sheet, according to my VIN through Freightliner/Mercedes. came through with standard roll ups. Roadtrek added the power unit as far as I, and the Freightliner dealer can figure.
Moonmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote