Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2022, 08:47 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Promaster (Thor) seat covers?

The nice light-colored fabric seats in my new Thor won't stay that way for long.

Does anyone have a suggestion for covers that are not super expensive, don't damage the original seat cover, and don't look too icky?
Urlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 02:34 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Do you have the seats with the integrated shoulder harness or is the attachment on the door post?

It is very hard to find seat covers with the integrated.

If on the door post, there is a great set sold on the Eurocampers site that fit well and hold up well. The cheap ones stretch and are very quickly useless. So you are constantly replacing them. The prices have gone up about $20 since I bought, but the quality is high.

https://www.eurocampers.com/2014--20...ts_p_1587.html
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 02:35 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I purchased these seat cover from Walmart for about $25 and they only cover the back and bottom. This is because of the air bags on the side of the seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seat Covers.JPG (852.1 KB, 20 views)
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:42 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Do you have the seats with the integrated shoulder harness or is the attachment on the door post?

It is very hard to find seat covers with the integrated.

If on the door post, there is a great set sold on the Eurocampers site that fit well and hold up well. The cheap ones stretch and are very quickly useless. So you are constantly replacing them. The prices have gone up about $20 since I bought, but the quality is high.

https://www.eurocampers.com/2014--20...ts_p_1587.html
No integrated harness, just regular bucket seats with inner armrests. They have airbags in them though.

Thank you for the link! The image there isn't very appealing, lol.

Any thoughts about SeatCoversUnlimited?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22011101.jpg (221.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-11-2022, 08:18 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloganusda View Post
I purchased these seat cover from Walmart for about $25 and they only cover the back and bottom. This is because of the air bags on the side of the seat.
Thank you! Good price. Are the swivel camper captain chairs the same dimensions as the ones in the original Promaster?
Old 01-11-2022, 11:21 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlauber View Post
No integrated harness, just regular bucket seats with inner armrests. They have airbags in them though.

Thank you for the link! The image there isn't very appealing, lol.
I got the light gray color and IMHO, they look great once on... much better than the photo. I like the easily washable fabric and it holds up great. After 3 years, those on my S-SRT still looked like new.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 01-11-2022, 11:33 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
I got the light gray color and IMHO, they look great once on... much better than the photo. I like the easily washable fabric and it holds up great. After 3 years, those on my S-SRT still looked like new.
Would you happen to have a pic? The small black&white thumbnails on their website are atrocious... I guess their ad department is underfunded...

They note on their website: "They will not fit aftermarket seats or aftermarket leather seat covers." -- My understanding is that Thor replaces the original seats with swivel seats, or are they the same thing just on a turn-table?
Old 01-12-2022, 02:10 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Would you happen to have a pic? The small black&white thumbnails on their website are atrocious... I guess their ad department is underfunded...

They note on their website: "They will not fit aftermarket seats or aftermarket leather seat covers." -- My understanding is that Thor replaces the original seats with swivel seats, or are they the same thing just on a turn-table?
Haven't a clue what Thor does. Promasters can come with factory swivels or Thor could add them. Normally manufacturers merely add various 'pleather' options or just have factory seat covers. I highly doubt that Thor would go to the expense of replacing the seats.

The facebook owners page may have someone who has researched the answer to that one. If you have the fake leather seat covers, these seat covers won't work. Fortunately my Promasters have had the OEM seat covers... which I much prefer to be honest. lol
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 01-12-2022, 08:59 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Haven't a clue what Thor does. Promasters can come with factory swivels or Thor could add them. Normally manufacturers merely add various 'pleather' options or just have factory seat covers. I highly doubt that Thor would go to the expense of replacing the seats.

The facebook owners page may have someone who has researched the answer to that one. If you have the fake leather seat covers, these seat covers won't work. Fortunately my Promasters have had the OEM seat covers... which I much prefer to be honest. lol
Yeah not sure, just worried about the disclaimer. Seats in my ProMaster are fabric, not (p)leather(ette), and I like them (that's why I want to cover them up somehow )

Maybe someone with a recent Thor PM knows for sure?
Old 01-17-2022, 10:38 AM   #10
Silver Member

Quote:
Any thoughts about SeatCoversUnlimited?
We got seat covers from them for our 1984 Bronco. They fit perfectly and have held up since 2013. We also wanted to keep the original seats in original condition.

Good luck!
pasusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:31 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Thank you! I went with a cheaper option for now, if I have to replace them quickly or they don't look/fit right I'll consider something more custom&expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071DV2RS8

Should get them in a couple of days.

Reviews for SCU were pretty horrid, even considering that disgruntled customers are more likely going to speak up than satisfied ones. The fact that they are all considered custom = non-returnable is a bit of a risk.