Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2022, 08:21 PM   #1

Default R&R propane hose

2008 Roadtrek with hitch receiver. Must remove hitch,
8 bolts. Leak was found at the BBQ connection. Replaced 7” hose with a standard 12” Amazon purchase, under $25. Required relocating mount because of the added length, but easy with self tapping screws.

Hint on reinstalling receiver. Bolts are NOT attached to the frame, but simply drop through holes. Makes it tough to retighten bolts by being loose. Manufactured plates with corresponding holes, welded bolts to the plates, dropped them in the frame and was very easy to tighten bolts that didn’t move.
Landsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsub View Post
2008 Roadtrek with hitch receiver. Must remove hitch,
8 bolts. Leak was found at the BBQ connection. Replaced 7” hose with a standard 12” Amazon purchase, under $25. Required relocating mount because of the added length, but easy with self tapping screws.

Hint on reinstalling receiver. Bolts are NOT attached to the frame, but simply drop through holes. Makes it tough to retighten bolts by being loose. Manufactured plates with corresponding holes, welded bolts to the plates, dropped them in the frame and was very easy to tighten bolts that didn’t move.
I found that I did not need to remove the hitch entirely on my 2006 210. I removed the bolts on the right side. Then I started loosening the bolts on the left side. The right side will drop down. Just loosen the left side bolts as much as needed to drop the right side enough to get access to the propane regulator.
peteco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:57 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I know this has been up for a while, just some added info on a 2010 210... Not sure if you're was a similar setup but this was from my complete r&r of the propane regulators and hoses. Easier to overhaul the whole thing than to keep chasing seeping leaks.

You can see the new primary and secondary regulators but I recommend that every fitting be disassembled , threads cleaned and refitted using gas rated sealant. I use Rectorseal #5.

Removal - I first loosened the fitting at the main line from regulator to coach. Lefty loosey. I then removed the bolts attaching the black mount plate from the propane tank so that the propane "manifold" so to speak was loosened from the tank. Next was loosening the short black hose from the tank valve. Righty loosey and support the valve itself as you work the fitting. I also removed the BBQ hose from the secondary regulator. After removing the fitting from the main inlet line the manifold can be maneuvered out thru the tank fill access hole in the bumper. Reassembly is the opposite just remember the first connection needs to be at the main tank. I didn't need to remove or even loosen tank or hitch.

In my case I needed to be sure I used a vertical vent regulators with the vent pointing down. I also had to slot a couple of the holes in the black plate for the new primary regulator - just a hair difference in the mounting, no big deal. And important last step, leak/soap test every connection under a strong light, use a small mirror if needed to look all around every fitting.

TX-Trek is offline   Reply With Quote