Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2016, 03:18 AM   #1

Default Rear Sway Bar 08 pleaseureway???

I have a 2008 Ford E350 Pleasure Way Excel TS and LOVE it. However, in the wind, or windy roads, in and out of the driveway, it seems very "wonky" out back and rocks back and forth too much. Does anyone know a part number for a rear sway bar that will be a direct bolt up deal for this van? Thanks!

C.
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Sorry, can't help with a part number. When you do find it, carefully review the installation instructions paying particular attention to clearances. Look for any added part that might be in the way like a tank or generator etc.

Have you checked tire pressures? That can help.

Did your TS come with rear air suspension bags? If so, have you tried adjusting the pressure?

An alignment can help if it gets knocked around at highway speeds.

New shocks can help dampen motion.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #3

Default This is the part number

I'm going to use this, based on the reviews it seems like a good fit. Both reviews mention directly using it on a Pleasure Way of my same kind. You think it sounds right?

https://www.etrailer.com/Anti_Sway-B.../1139-178.html

Cheers!
Old 10-10-2016, 08:01 PM   #4
Platinum Member

It's mentioned on page 7 of this PW newsletter also: http://wcpwrv.weebly.com/uploads/5/7...newsletter.pdf
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #5

Well it's on the way, I just ordered it now. Hopefully this helps. I have messed with tire pressure as well yes. It does have an effect no doubt. I am looking into new shocks with custom valving and potentially going up once size in tires for a little extra clearance due to some of our locations we like to camp. We had a 4x4 Sportsmobile type camper but fell in love with the size, layout, and quality of PW. SO far so good!

Thanks a ton for the help thus far! I'll keep you posted on the installation.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #6

Default Arrived!

So my sway bar arrived...and the packing job was so bad the box broke and all the mounting hardware was lost in transit somewhere along the way. I emailed the company and they gave me a response that showed they didn't even look into the issue or my order. I'm going to call after work today to try and get another set of mounting hardware on the way. The sway bar was all beat up and scratched too. It will still perform fine though its annoying when companies rush things and show no care for customer service. The sway bar is HUGE and looks like it will really help the handling of the PW! Psyched for that!