Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2021, 06:28 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek 190 Popular Rear Window Won't Close

I have a 2004 Roadtrek 190 Popular and the driver's side rear window won't close all the way as you can see in the picture. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix it? The knob that is used to open/close the window seems to be stripped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg output_image1626110202240.jpg (137.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg output_image1626110292661.jpg (87.0 KB, 36 views)
birdo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:21 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum birdo!

I don't have a Roadtrek and I've not had your window problem, but often suppliers like CRLaurence provide windows for many makes. It would help if you can find a brand name on your window. Probably a replaceable part, but may not be easy to find.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:51 PM   #3

That's some good information to start with. Thank you!
Old 07-13-2021, 08:33 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Check out this article

https://www.doityourselfrv.com/hand-...parts-replace/
Old 07-14-2021, 02:41 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdo54 View Post
I have a 2004 Roadtrek 190 Popular and the driver's side rear window won't close all the way as you can see in the picture. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix it? The knob that is used to open/close the window seems to be stripped.
I found them a PPL Motorhomes Supply Section.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:48 AM   #6
Platinum Member

I think most of those windows are like that, they are on our 07 190P. Worst on the driver side where you can feel the air leak.

It is probably the biggest contributor to the crank regulators failing as you tend to crank too hard on them.

The problem is the window glass shape doesn't match the body curvature. The window frame pulls down with screws to conform to the body, but the glass doesn't in the lower rear corners.

I plan on fixing ours this coming winter if I don't get to it sooner. I will remove the window and on the bench carefully bend the fame back in that corner so it matches the glass shape. Them I will put the window back in with the screws just snug to see where the gaps are to the body from the frame. The glass should still be hitting the frame at this point. I will make small slip in shims to put in under the frame at the screw locations to hold it in the right place. Loosen the window and put some putty caulk under the frame to seal it to the body and tighten the screws.

Hopefully, it will all work out well.

Be very careful removing the window if you do it yourself, as they will fall right out once the screws are out of them. You need a helper on the outside to hold it up to the body until you can get out and help move it out of opening.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:22 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdo54 View Post
The knob that is used to open/close the window seems to be stripped.
You need to replace the window operator. That is box the knob goes into. Not hard to remove. Generic part. They come as left- and right-hand. Closing the window too hard eventually strips them.
rtbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #8
Gold Member

I have the same problem on my RT 210P, on the driver's side, but not nearly as severe as yours. I've tried a couple solutions but really still have to over tighten the crank to seal the window. I replaced this crank four years ago when I bought the RV and that did NOT solve the problem. As booster wrote, I believe the best solution is exactly what he suggested. In fact, I will be implementing his suggestion on my window this fall.

I'm actually on vacation now visiting my son. Along the journey the crank to the rear window on the passenger side failed. Having ordered a set four years ago, I had the new crank for this window with me. So I replaced it yesterday. After seeing this post I sat down today and put together a guide, with pictures, on what I did to replace the crank on my '08210P. Hope the attached helps someone.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Steps to replace rear side window crank_08210PRT.pdf (303.1 KB, 35 views)
bwatters60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:17 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I recently replaced mine. Pleasure-Way 09 Lexor TS.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:18 PM   #10
Platinum Member

This is the old one and the new is like for like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RV Crank Window Hehr torque operatot medium.jpg (56.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-18-2021, 11:25 PM   #11
Gold Member

Ny 2006 190p has the exact same issue. Doesn't leak and screens keep the bugs out so I haven't worried too much about it
Thevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 02:21 PM   #12

Default Crank Operator Part Number

Thanks for the help everyone! What a good community. Does anyone know what the part number for the operator would be for my 2003 RT Popular 190? (I lied in the initial post haha it's not a 2004). Or does anyone know how to easily find part numbers like these? Seems like there should be an Encyclopedia of sorts for different makes, models, years but haven't found anything very useful after much searching. I've realized I need a left-hand operator, but that's as far as I've gotten. Might just try to find a website with free returns and just buy every one they have and return the ones that don't fit.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #13
Platinum Member

I posted a picture of mine above, 09 Pleasureway Lexor TS. Here is a link, and then just do a search. They will give measurements on the item photo for most parts. https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Torque-Window-Parts

Tags
broken, popular, popular 190, roadtrek, window