Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2022, 12:05 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek 2006 Adventurous Suspension

I have about 70K miles on my Roadtrek and it's begun to ride and sway like a bouncing baby buggy. I took it to Eurobahn hoping they could replace shocks with some heavy duty Koni or other aftermarket shocks. I was told there was nothing wrong with the original shocks I have but it just doesn't ride like it used to. Driving in high cross wind has also become a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding third party suspension
mods?
turbines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 08:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbines View Post
I have about 70K miles on my Roadtrek and it's begun to ride and sway like a bouncing baby buggy. I took it to Eurobahn hoping they could replace shocks with some heavy duty Koni or other aftermarket shocks. I was told there was nothing wrong with the original shocks I have but it just doesn't ride like it used to. Driving in high cross wind has also become a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding third party suspension
mods?
Have you looked at heavy duty sway bar? I have read, they really help in high wind/cross wind situations?
Old 04-17-2022, 12:34 AM   #3
Platinum Member

on my Chev based Pleasure way I replaced the shocks with Bilsteins to an improvement.

I have new tires- michelin agilis, another slight improvement

and more recently have added the sumo springs to the rear and the bumpstops to the front in the "yellow" density
( the chev uses the bumpstops as part of the suspension, they are always under compression )

I have posted on each of these "improvements"

the sumos help to control the side to side body roll on curves and crosswinds I am happy with the result
About $300 and 2 hours time to put them on

superspringsinternational.com is doing a 20% sale until 4/17

code "easterbetter"

a sway bar would likely be a better solution but I have a clearance issue with my genny
Booster has posted on sway bars

BTW when shopping parts check the model year of your chassis on the door pillar or underhood tag from dodge or mercedes, many RV's are 1 model year newer than the chassis

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:50 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
sumo springs to the rear and the bumpstops to the front in the "yellow" density

duh, I should said black density on my van-
Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:01 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Default upgrade

I just replaced my shocks and leaf springs with Agile Offroads Sprinter package. I have 3500 model. It raised the van 2” which is great but now it is so stable and not washy rollie! Great product and nice company to work with. You weigh each axle and they rebuild Fox shocks to proper stiffness.
Twinbridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:32 PM   #6
Bronze Member

I have the 2004 RoadTrek 200, same issue driving it. Rebuilt front end, replaced all shocks with Bilstiens , replaced tires, still did not help. After much research and reading I installed 2” wheel spacers on the rear. Drives like a dream. The 200’s are very wide and the wider rear stance really helps the ride.
Hammernine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:19 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Did I read that correctly... you have the "original shocks" from 2006 on your vehicle???

I just can't believe that unless you're the original owner?
Are you??

I would definitely recommend getting a second opinion from another shop and calling Super Steer in Grants Pass Oregon to ask for their advice. They work with RV shops all over the USA. They are suspension experts. I'm not an expert and I would rather get advice from people who are. They helped me greatly and I was very happy with the results. You don't want to spend money in the wrong direction. It's expensive and won't achieve anything.

Good luck.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class b suspension