Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 07:47 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Roadtrek armrest

We recently purchased a 2019 Roadtrek Zion. On first lengthy road trip it became obvious that we are missing something - an armrest on the inside of the passenger seat. It does not come with one. Apparently.

I have talked to everyone I can think of who might be able to order one. They all say there are none to order. The cab is a Dodge Promaster by the way.

Every once in a while I spot a video on youtube that shows someone demoing there Promaster based rig and there IS an armrest for the passenger.

Does anyone have any ideas beyond the obvious - have checked with Dodge Promaster dealerships, collision shops, parts and accessories makers.

I WANT an armrest for long trips.
Weroadtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:01 AM   #2
Platinum Member

It has the OEM seat, your only option is to go to a Promaster dealer and order one. That is what a number of people had done because none of the 2019 model year (on 2018 platforms) were ordered with an armrest.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Check out this URL on ProMaster arm rest. My MH came with arm rest but I removed for easier pass thru to back of camper.
https://www.promasterforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=50874

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloganusda View Post
Check out this URL on ProMaster arm rest. My MH came with arm rest but I removed for easier pass thru to back of camper.
I'm with you. I was glad that mine didn't come with one as I too would have removed it. I'm also considering removing the one on the driver's side. And I'm small... very tight getting in and out.

There has been a bit of discussion on the Roadtrek/Hymer owners pages on Facebook (including the Activ and Zion/Simplicity pages as they are mostly Promaster owners)
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 05-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weroadtrip View Post
We recently purchased a 2019 Roadtrek Zion. On first lengthy road trip it became obvious that we are missing something - an armrest on the inside of the passenger seat. It does not come with one. Apparently.

I have talked to everyone I can think of who might be able to order one. They all say there are none to order. The cab is a Dodge Promaster by the way.

Every once in a while I spot a video on youtube that shows someone demoing there Promaster based rig and there IS an armrest for the passenger.

Does anyone have any ideas beyond the obvious - have checked with Dodge Promaster dealerships, collision shops, parts and accessories makers.

Chehalis Washington has a rv recycle. They probably could help. I see your from BC. I used to live in Olympia and have been there many times. We have a Canadian GW motorhome also on a dodge 3500 chassis we were able to get lots of parts from them. Hope this helps.
Mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:03 PM   #6
Silver Member

Default The 2017 Zion had armrests both sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weroadtrip View Post

Sorry I don’t k ow where you could find one but our 2017 Zion came from the factory with 2 armrests. The passenger one isn’t mounted as nicely as the driver side so maybe it’s something Roadtrek through together. It definitely has the same adjustment mechanism and is the mirror of the driver armrest so someone made the thing.

Don’t know if this helps but I just thought you might find it in an older model year at a wrecker for example.
Cannuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #7
Platinum Member

It depended on the platform model of Promaster that EHGNA ordered whether there was an armrest or not. Roadtrek made no alterations one way or the other. In previous years, they had ordered different level platforms for different models. (more bells and whistles for Aktiv or Zion... less for Carado and Simplicity) But then orders would arrive, and for instance, someone wanted a silver Zion, but the only silver in the inventory was in the lower level platform. Then you had people whinging on Facebook or here or at the dealers that they didn't get... the back-up sensors or OEM radio or or or. So, a decision was made in their final year that everyone would get the same platform. No back-up sensors (because they interfered with the continental tire), no shelf in the cab (major whinge factor here cause people like this), and no armrest. But it did come with the steering wheel controls and the OEM radio which played better with the Promaster computers. The Sony that they had been installed had caused lots of problems.

Of course it was Promaster who decided which level had which details. If EHGNA had survived a few more years using a consistent platform, eventually people would have stopped complaining about who got what that they didn't. There were people marching into dealers demanding that there order be cancelled unless they got this or that Promaster option of their rig... as if every purchaser gets to choose their van... then get it converted. These people should head to Sportsmobile, not a mass manufacturer.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme