Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek under-bed storage access from inside

Hello all, I have a 1999 RT 200. This unit has no rear door access. It does have a large pass-through underneath storage area under the bed that can hold a lot. Access from outside the van is easy through two large doors one on each side. However, access from inside the van is limited to a single trap door under the driver's side rear seat/bed cushion. We leave our bed setup all the time never converting to bench seating. This makes it very difficult to access the trap door due to the bed being made on top of it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make access to the rear storage from the sides of the rear cabinets? Maybe like a hatch or door? I store tools and other supplies inside the rear storage and frequently need to use them inside the coach. Also, accessing the center of the pass-through rear storage is very difficult from the outside access doors. Would be nice to have an access door from inside under the center of the bed.

Any ideas or know anyone that has done this? I spent a lot of time looking through the forums and elsewhere on line with no luck.

Thanks,
Dave R.
drober05 is offline   Reply With Quote