Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2018, 01:48 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Rostra Cruise control

I tried wiring up the Rostra cruise control in my 2014 promaster high top. I followed the instructions. Its plug and play except for the ignition wire that needs to be soldered. When i tried a test drive and the van went into limp mode it said something like hill mode or something. The only thing that i can think of is the throtle t plug. I can see how the new wire plug with the red slide lock goes on but was wondering if i can plug the original plug into the "splice" plug in wrong as i can plug it in either way. Anybody have any experience with thiese after market cruise controls?
dvrdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:14 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I would suggest that you contact Rostra Factory support. They appear to have a good level of customer support via phone, e-mail and FAQ. I always say go right to the top. Contact them at: Contact Rostra
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:15 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Just fyi. I contacted the company and it turns out that if your 2014 (maybe all ) promasters go into limp mode when plugged up the way the instructions tell you al you have to do is cut the black wire right next to the fused red wire that you solder to the ignition wire and ground the black wire coming off the control box side and leave the other side taped off.
dvrdwn is offline   Reply With Quote