Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Secure Storage

Have a Roadtrek 2010 210P and am thinking of places to create a secure Storage area. I was considering the storage area underneath the back seat area, thought a lockbox of sorts would do the trick. I would be storing a laptop, other electronics, important documents, and other odds n ends which would be painful to replace. While I know the chance is slim to have stuff stolen while at an rv park or elsewhere for that matter, certainly doesn't mean it won't happen....just cuz I'm paranoid.

Other options include underneath the bed area where the water pump is other side?! Maybe in a cabinet bolted down?!

Recommended place? Type of lockbox?
stevanpierce@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I have a safe bolted under the passenger side cabinet in a 2003 C190P. It is securely mounted. I find it most useful in keeping track of remotes, power cords, and extra keys. It is secure enough with the electronic lock for cash, passports, laptop and iPad. I’ll get a picture tomorrow.

I hardened the doors and locks but one can always break a door glass. Haven’t been able to deactivate the door lock buttons. No problems in 9 years so will probably not increase security. I am careful where I park. Stopping at a crowded mall to see a movie is not happening.

I did put in an alarm system with the siren inside and loud. If the thief stays inside for any time he won’t have much hearing left.

I stumbled across the safe at Costco years ago and haven’t seen it for sale since. It is not hidden in any way. I’m quite happy with it
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:01 AM   #3
Platinum Member

https://www.firstalert.com/product/l...90-cubic-feet/

See if the dimensions work for you.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:43 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
https://www.firstalert.com/product/l...90-cubic-feet/

See if the dimensions work for you.
We have a similar safe in our Advanced RV but it is in a vertical configuration. In our new design we have a place for this and this would fit better in a horizontal configuration. Thanks for the info.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:33 PM   #5
Platinum Member

It is in on their website but I don’t think you can buy it anymore. Maybe a special call will get more info.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:30 PM   #6
Platinum Member

We went with similar type safe, but in a key lock after we had issues with the van bouncing causing battery contact issues over time with a cheap keypad unit. We needed an emergency open key anyway, so looked to be no penalty. No problems in many years now and wouldn't go without.

We didn't go big enough for the laptop, as we have no secure data on it, but billfolds, purse, credit cards, cash, passports, insurance and registration all fit fine.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:27 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
It is in on their website but I don’t think you can buy it anymore. Maybe a special call will get more info.
As you can see it is the perfect size for me. The laptop size permitted is about an inch less than their spec due to hinge and door interference. If you find a place to buy it, please post.

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/a...1&d=1588180953

The drooping First Alert label is due to horrendous Phoenix summer temperatures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 990E25FB-4D5E-4CE0-A2D2-3E33A207D875.jpg (229.3 KB, 48 views)
Old 04-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Advanced RV (ARV) installs this safe with digital lock in most of their vans. It holds my 16" MacBook Pro.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote